PDA

View Full Version : Water Slide @ Disneyland Hotel

mickeynminnie
07-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Hi.

Anyone know if there is a minimum height requirement to ride the water slide at the Disneyland Hotel? My 3 year old really wants to ride it on our next trip.

Thanks.!

Susan L
07-27-2006, 11:14 AM
If you are referring to the Neverland pool I don't think there is. The pool is huge and is 4 feet deep all around. Does she know how to swim? If so I don't think it is a problem for her to do it by herself as long as you are supervising.

Tinkermommy
07-27-2006, 11:23 AM
I don't know if there is a height requirement or not for the big slide, but the child does have to be able to swim independently. You can not ride down the slide together.

The area around the bottom of the slide is roped off, and nobody can wait inside of the rope. The child would have to be able to go down the slide alone, then swim to you outside the rope.

There is a smaller toddler slide in another section of the pool. On that one, you can stand at the bottom. It's very short, and not at all steep.

Minnie66
07-27-2006, 07:02 PM
tinkermommy is correct, they just have to be able to swim away from the bottom on their own, and the lifeguard watches this very carefully!!!

sierranevada
07-27-2006, 08:36 PM
They also can not wear any type of life vest, water wings, etc.

splash
08-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Does anyone know if the waterslide is open in December? I know it is winter for California, but for us it will feel warm.

T-RAT
08-03-2006, 07:55 AM
I believe it's open year round except for temporary closures do to bad weather or other problems. We were there last year during the first week of December and it was open every day. They did close for a short period due to bad weather, but then opened it up again when the weather improved.

ima_mickeyfan
08-03-2006, 12:38 PM
when we went last year, my dd was turned away from the large slide at the pool, the lifeguard said she was not big or old enough. she just turned 5 and was tall at the time, because she went on all the rides.