PDA

View Full Version : Last rider on Peter Pan... every time

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

lilstreet
07-26-2006, 04:01 PM
I have a question. I was wondering if anyone has ever ran into the lady that is ALWAYS the last rider on Peter Pan's flight 4 nights out of the week. I was at DL earlier this month and every night at closing my 6 year old daughter wanted to ride Peter Pan. So we did. Every night there was a lady there who waited until they closed off the line so that she could be the last person to ride.
I have no problem with this. I actually thought it was kind of sweet that she did this every night. There were a couple of times that she would get a little stern with my daughter because she had to be the last one to ride and my daughter wanted to be the last one to ride. I had to pull my daughter away from the arguement at times.

Has anyone ever ran into her? What's her story? Is she on MousePlanet?:confused:

Frogberto
07-26-2006, 04:12 PM
I have never heard of this, but now you have my curiosity! I hope someone posts the full scoop on this lady - I'm sure she has an interesting story.

crrees
07-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Maybe something special happens to the last rider..the second star to the right starts glowing and then off to neverland you go..ooo...nah, maybe not..

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
07-26-2006, 04:21 PM
I have a question. I was wondering if anyone has ever ran into the lady that is ALWAYS the last rider on Peter Pan's flight 4 nights out of the week. I was at DL earlier this month and every night at closing my 6 year old daughter wanted to ride Peter Pan. So we did. Every night there was a lady there who waited until they closed off the line so that she could be the last person to ride.
I have no problem with this. I actually thought it was kind of sweet that she did this every night. There were a couple of times that she would get a little stern with my daughter because she had to be the last one to ride and my daughter wanted to be the last one to ride. I had to pull my daughter away from the arguement at times.

Has anyone ever ran into her? What's her story? Is she on MousePlanet?:confused:

Magical. A grown woman arguing with a 6 year old.... Actually, I find that kind of weird. Just my opinion. Maybe I am missing something?

miss bianca
07-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Magical. A grown woman arguing with a 6 year old.... Actually, I find that kind of weird. Just my opinion. Maybe I am missing something?

LOL Thats what I was thinking! Maybe she has OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) and HAS TO be the last one to ride 4 nights a week. Otherwise you would yeild to a 6 year old I would hope!

lilstreet
07-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Ok, now I don't feel so bad. I was kinda irritated by the fact that she was arguing with my daughter, but I didn't want to say anything. Maybe she does have OCD. I can't believe that I am the only one who has noticed her. Come on someone else has to have had this experience!
Maybe a castmember??
I will definately be looking for her on the next trip :)

jcruise86
07-26-2006, 04:38 PM
As a Disney freak I am comforted to learn of people more enthusiastic than myself--it makes me feel almost normal. I wish there were a section devoted to these people.

I'd add the employee who was approvingly interviewed by the cast newsletter when I worked there in the 80s, who collected Disney records. Her favorite was "The Happiest Millionaire" and whenever she saw it in a record store she purchased it because she was worried that someone else would buy it and scratch it.

Then there is that guy who literally lives on TS Island. After hours he's been seen climbing the Matterhorn, swimming the Rivers of America and washing up in the waters of Small World.

darph nader
07-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Maybe something special happens to the last rider..the second star to the right starts glowing and then off to neverland you go..ooo...nah, maybe not..

It's possible you hit the nail on the head with the word 'special'(or is it touched?). Just a thought.:|

Shootingstaar
07-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Then there is that guy who literally lives on TS Island. After hours he's been seen climbing the Matterhorn, swimming the Rivers of America and washing up in the waters of Small World.

Is this true? I want to hear more! Is there a website I can find the full story on or does someone feel like explaining? I'm not sure if this is common knowledge and I'm just out of the loop or what, but I am very interested in hearing about this man!

Tinkermommy
07-26-2006, 05:29 PM
There is a woman who hangs out at Disneyland a great deal and who aspires to be a cast member and who can get...um...intense.

We met her the night we watched the fireworks from Fantasyland, sort of near the carousel. At first, she was just chatty and friendly, and appeared to be very knowledgeable about Disneyland. Before the fireworks even started, she had worn us out, and kept trying to squeeze our kids out of her way. During the fireworks show, she kept up a loud monologue, trying to explain the fireworks show as it progressed. When it ended, she started directing traffic to line up for Peter Pan.

The other mom I was with and I had a conversation with some CMs who were used to it, and who were trying very hard to be patient. It was definitely one of the more unusual encounters we've had there...

doombuggy driver
07-26-2006, 06:41 PM
There is a woman who hangs out at Disneyland a great deal and who aspires to be a cast member and who can get...um...intense.

We met her the night we watched the fireworks from Fantasyland, sort of near the carousel. At first, she was just chatty and friendly, and appeared to be very knowledgeable about Disneyland. Before the fireworks even started, she had worn us out, and kept trying to squeeze our kids out of her way. During the fireworks show, she kept up a loud monologue, trying to explain the fireworks show as it progressed. When it ended, she started directing traffic to line up for Peter Pan.

The other mom I was with and I had a conversation with some CMs who were used to it, and who were trying very hard to be patient. It was definitely one of the more unusual encounters we've had there...

UGH! How annoying. it's kind of like those people who quote movies EVERY time they watch them. It's one thing to say the words while you are in the stretching room of the HM, it's another thing altogether to describe the fireworks as they happen!!!

bradk
07-26-2006, 07:33 PM
there once was a teen runaway who did live on TSI for a bit many years ago. nowadays it probably wouldn't work out too well for ya.

Koala Gurl
07-26-2006, 07:56 PM
I worked at another area theme park, and we had our bunch of "groupies" as we refered to them. Each has his/her own story and ritual(s). As long as they weren't interfering, no biggie. But a few of them went over the top and were banned.

I would love to hear the story of the Peter Pan woman. :)

infinite
07-26-2006, 07:59 PM
She's Wendy and has changed her mind and decided she wants to stay in Neverland.

:)

millionairegirl
07-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Ok, am I the only one whose competetive side just pinged a little. Hmm, how can *I* be the last one on Peter Pan?

We've seen some loonies, and sometimes more than once. But then I wonder, do the loonies think *we're* really the loonies? Things to ponder!

AliceInWonderland
07-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Does this lady have really big poofy hair and always wears a dress? When I to Disneyland the last ride I always end up on is Peter Pan and when I get in line at 11:50 or 11:55 (right before midnight) a husband and wife always get in line around that same time. She looks like a southern lady and he's a tall man that holds her sweater.

potzbie
07-26-2006, 08:44 PM
I have seen this episode before?

• Little old lady has favorite ride.
• Goes on ride, insisting on the last "car," every night.
• Rod Serling intervenes.
• Voice-over is heard, with discordant 4-note riff on electric guitar.
• Room changes from facade to real.
[cut to commercial]

Or was it THE OUTER LIMITS?
:eek:
;)

dsnydon
07-26-2006, 09:09 PM
This woman should be given a wide berth. We have had other crazy people in the park that did things like this. One guy had to follow the Parade every night, he assaulted a guest and now is barred from the Park. So be very careful.

I Heart Disneyland!
07-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Me thinks this lady is a bit nuts! To argue with a CHILD about riding Peter Pan last? That is too much for me. I would have blasted her!

Frogberto
07-26-2006, 09:19 PM

Wow. This sounds almost exactly like what happened to me while watching fireworks at "it's a small world" -- she kept going on and on about the fireworks show, talking about my baby, and how we need to get annual passes, etc., really almost ruining things with her constant talking.

annieb727
07-26-2006, 09:41 PM

Isn't that YOU...since 1995? ;)

Opus1guy
07-26-2006, 09:50 PM
I think it was Michael Jackson in disguise.

:)

Koala Gurl
07-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Ok, am I the only one whose competetive side just pinged a little. Hmm, how can *I* be the last one on Peter Pan?

We've seen some loonies, and sometimes more than once. But then I wonder, do the loonies think *we're* really the loonies? Things to ponder!

Part of me thought the same thing...the competitive thing. :)

tod
07-26-2006, 10:27 PM
It's one thing to say the words while you are in the stretching room of the HM, it's another thing altogether to describe the fireworks as they happen!!!

It's exactly the same thing. The speaker is gleefully ruining the experience for anybody unfortunate enough to be close enough to hear them.

Every time the teenagers unleash their ear-splitting screams when the lights go out in the Haunted Mansion, it's the same thing. Selfishly ruining the experience for their own pleasure.

--t

Disneymademoiselle
07-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Does this lady have really big poofy hair and always wears a dress? When I to Disneyland the last ride I always end up on is Peter Pan and when I get in line at 11:50 or 11:55 (right before midnight) a husband and wife always get in line around that same time. She looks like a southern lady and he's a tall man that holds her sweater.

Oh my gosh, I actually think I saw this lady last August. My friends and I were eating a preztel at the Refreshment Corner and saw a woman with the most ENORMOUS hairdo I have ever seen:eek: . I would venture to say her hair hovered a good 6 to 8 inches from her scalp, but it was completely flattened in the back. Also, I can almost be certain that the man with her was very tall. She looked like she was straight out of the Haunted Mansion!!!

My friends and I pretended like we were taking a picture of something else just so we could get a picture of this lady's insane hair. I'm afraid I have deleted the picture, because it was very hard to get the full effect in the dark. I'll have to keep an eye out for her when I'm there next week. CSI: Disneyland

Wouldn't that be crazy if that were the same lady you saw??? We should talk, AliceInWonderland;)