PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion... Will there be an off season this year? and When?

ToursbabeC3po
07-26-2006, 08:13 AM
We have not been to the park in months because we have people in our party that can not handle crowds. Last year there was not too many not so busy days and it was a nightmare. When do you believe it will slow down. We are having withdrawals!!!!!!
Jen

infinite
07-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Last January wasn’t crowded at all. Early March was also very nice.

So, I would guess January and March would be off Season this coming year
:)

ghoofie
07-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Hi Jen !!! Nice to 'see' you ..hope all is well..

We always find October week days to be grand.

Jen was the bestest CM at tomorrowland ever !!

mad4mky
07-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Last January wasn’t crowded at all. Early March was also very nice.

So, I would guess January and March would be off Season this coming year
:)

March was very crowded this year. I was there in early March (3-6)...and it was packed

Hopefully, with the 50th celebration going away...things will slow down there during that month.

Susan L
07-26-2006, 08:34 AM
I don't think there really has been an off season since the 50th started. Hopefully things will get back to normal after it is over with. Feb before or after Pres weekend is also a good time to go, we also like late Oct. Remember weekends all year long are always crowded.

ToursbabeC3po
07-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks Everyone. I like the October answer better LOL. Closer!
ghoofie that was a very nice compliment thanks. I really miss working there some days. I loved the guest but not the politics if you know what I mean.
I really wish we could see the fireworks one more time but it has been to busy so it is not going to happen. The 50th firework show was the best show I have ever seen.
Thanks again!
Jen

infinite
07-26-2006, 08:39 AM
March was very crowded this year. I was there in early March (3-6)...and it was packed

Hopefully, with the 50th celebration going away...things will slow down there during that month.
Really? We were there the 6th-10th and it wasn't bad...maybe I am not remembering correctly...It was cold, VERY cold, but i don't remember crowds.

DisneyDustin22
07-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Jen I am going middle of next week. I'll let ya know. I was there last Friday night. It was crowded, but not super packed. I think the heat kept some people in. But you could tell the people who were there all day, they looked just miserable. Especially those carrying children. I felt for some of them. Sometimes it's hard enough to carry a drink when you're dead tired and all sweaty from the day, let alone a child!

hlbtimes2
07-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Early Nov, might not be too bad. I think Oct is stilll going to be busy this year. There are people that planned their trip to catch the end of the 50th, when it was still going to be happening. Then you have the people that think it will be slow because the 50th is over and have been waiting for that. Top it off with the new Million dreams promo and the halloween events- yeah, Oct is going to still be busy. I think early Nov before the holiday rush starts.

DianeM
07-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Mid-week when school is in session is always less crowded. Maybe it's not as quiet at it has been in past years, but it's still pretty quiet. Monday-Thursday are best. Friday it starts to get more crowded, and weekends are always a bit of a zoo.

We have not been to the park in months because we have people in our party that can not handle crowds. Last year there was not too many not so busy days and it was a nightmare. When do you believe it will slow down. We are having withdrawals!!!!!!
Jen

ToursbabeC3po
07-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks Dustin....I would not go until it cooled off so it would have to be after sunset or wait until after summer. Have Fun! Like I said I would love to see the fireworks one last time :-)

Thanks to everyone else as well:-)

Sub Maniak
07-26-2006, 01:14 PM
This end of the year, something wil always be hoppin at the resort! Be it Halloween, Christmas, or 50th!

But will POD stay for X-mas?

momto3princesses
07-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I would guess no light crowds til the 50th is over - which is... end of September? Or October?

I've heard that September (right after kids go back to school) is a light time. Around holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years) is said to be very busy. I've heard that spring break weeks are the absolute worst. I think weekends are busy year round. We try to go Monday through Friday when we go.

But you really never know. We went a couple of years ago with another family. Only time that would work was mid-August. I was just sure that it would be so painfully hot and crowded. But it was perfect! 70s and the lightest crowds I've ever seen. We were there for four full days in the parks.

DaddyB
07-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Off season in this calendar year should be about September 11th-15th. You might possible stretch that through Friday the 22nd.

My definition of "Off-season" is "remarkably smaller attendance than what is usual for most other times of the year". I think some people are thinking that all 'off-seasons' must have attendance at a certain numeric level to be considered as such.

The next "off-peak" (shall we say) after the 2nd week of September is likely to be right around the 2nd week of January (lasting about 2 weeks) followed by the end of February (19th) through early March (9th).

I am very interested to see how much crowds go down after the New Years Holidays... I think a lot will depend if they're able to rush "Nemo" out in time for Christmas '06 (which is becoming more doubtful every day) or if it will be delayed until Easter week or later. I'd say chances are that the predicitons in the above paragraph will stand.

ToursbabeC3po
07-27-2006, 11:17 AM
I just found out I can not get signed in until after Aug. 20th because it is blacked out so no trips for sure until after then. I did not purchase a pass this year we just don't go enough anymore.
Thanks for all you help :-)

Frogberto
07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Usually Late September through October are great times to visit. This year, lots of things are going to be "down" for refurbishment, so that may not be so great, but since you mentioned crowds, that just may be an excellent time to go.