PDA

View Full Version : DCA- Needs a Sky Bucket Ride!

Pages : [1] 2

snappy
07-26-2006, 01:01 AM
How about adding a skyway at DCA???? Something new and borrowed from Disneyland!

potzbie
07-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Yowza!

Something is needed to transport people from PARADISE PIER area to SUNSHINE PLAZA area.

Buckets of People is fine with me.

A long sling shot is fine with me.
:)

olegc
07-26-2006, 07:21 AM
not sunshine plaza - but next to Tower of Terror. This was you would get a complete expanse of the park, it would cover the majority of the distance, and would not clog the already small area that is sunshine plaza. When DCA is crowded for events or when Hollywood Backlot is late in opening it's not pretty...

wishIwasthe_Mouse
07-26-2006, 08:01 AM
I didnt think that DCA was realy that big to need a Trapnsport form one side of the park to another... mabey after they compleate the second half of the park it would be needed. or mabey they can make it more of an Off road experiance you know to stick with the California theme they could make a real desert area and you take a 4X4 jeep threw to the other part of the park or like a freeway it could be like traveling on a road trip up the coast????

Just a thought

Susan L
07-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Disneyland needs the Skyway back.

GrowupDisney
07-26-2006, 08:51 AM
I miss the skyway and would LOVE to see either park get one!

Didn't they close the original skyway due to liability issues? Would that still hold true, or wouldn't they be able to enclose the cars a la the Sun Wheel?

DisneyDustin22
07-26-2006, 08:57 AM
DCA needs the John Denver experience from South Park. :D

Anybody see that episode? So wrong as usual. But funny!

tod
07-26-2006, 09:09 AM
One of the problems at DCA is the total lack of transportation. Disneyland has a train circling the park, motor vehicles and a horse-drawn streetcar going up and down Main Street, plus other "transport" that doesn't go anywhere like the Mark Twain and Casey Jr.

DCA is static. A sky ride would make a nice addition, like at the San Diego Zoo where you can walk downhill through the zoo to the sky ride and ride it back to the front part of the park.

--t

tigga please
07-26-2006, 09:19 AM
One of the problems at DCA is the total lack of transportation. Disneyland has a train circling the park, motor vehicles and a horse-drawn streetcar going up and down Main Street, plus other "transport" that doesn't go anywhere like the Mark Twain and Casey Jr.

DCA is static. A sky ride would make a nice addition, like at the San Diego Zoo where you can walk downhill through the zoo to the sky ride and ride it back to the front part of the park.

--t

i agree 110%, especially if theyre going to expand

olegc
07-26-2006, 10:10 AM
One of the problems at DCA is the total lack of transportation.

--t

I agree completely as well. One of the issues here is with so few attractions, and so much space in between them (for now), you have to do a LOT of walking in order to get to different places. I get "disneyland feet" at DCA even though there are fewer things to do...

wishIwasthe_Mouse
07-26-2006, 10:15 AM
I agree completely as well. One of the issues here is with so few attractions, and so much space in between them (for now), you have to do a LOT of walking in order to get to different places. I get "disneyland feet" at DCA even though there are fewer things to do...

I think it is a good idea to have some tipe of transportation but i still dont think the prark is big enough yet. besides nothing beats a good walk around the park to realy take in whats going on around you there. we all spend most of our lives in cars, sitting at our desk, flying in planes. not many people walk anymore.

Quinten27
07-26-2006, 10:40 AM
I'd also like to see a skyride in DCA...............but then, I'd also like to see some type of inter-park transportation.......like a skyride that takes you from tommorrow land to the sunshine plaza/grizzly mountain area. I know there would be the issue of needing a park hopper ticket to use the ride, but it wouldn't be too difficult to manage that.

olegc
07-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I know! Just move the Jolly Trolly over there!!! :D

MrsPooh
07-26-2006, 11:48 AM
You know, I never thought about what tod said, but it is true, DCA is static.

Wow.

It is interesting how subconscious things can help form an opinion. I am still not too fond of the place, but it is getting better.

Opus1guy
07-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Paridise Pier needs a Bearded Lady attraction.

And a mutant creature zoo.

TENORDRUMMER
07-26-2006, 11:53 AM
I miss going through the Matterhornon the Skyway. They also need to bring back the motor boat cruise, the original People Mover, move the rockets back atop the People mover station. Bring back Mission to Mars, either America Sings or Carousel of Progress, Journey Thru Inner Space, Train through Nature's Wonderland, Swiss Family Tree House, Country Bear Jamboree, the settler's burning cabin, the Sleeping Beauty walk through attraction, Circle Vision, need I go any further........

Sub Maniak
07-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Don't forget. MiceAge has said that a transportation fleet similar to Main Street's is planed to be added for the Sunshine Plaza Makeover!

I want some kind of attraction by GRR!

Frogberto
07-26-2006, 04:24 PM
I think that a skyway themed to hot air ballooning could work, and fit in with the theme of the park...

olegc
07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
I think that a skyway themed to hot air ballooning could work, and fit in with the theme of the park...

COOOL!!! and it also ties in to Soarin (there is a hot air balloon segment).

Excellent idea...

Disneymademoiselle
07-26-2006, 05:07 PM

Are you an Imangineer? ;)

Gone2Disneyland
07-26-2006, 06:48 PM
I think it is a good idea to have some tipe of transportation but i still dont think the prark is big enough yet. besides nothing beats a good walk around the park to realy take in whats going on around you there. we all spend most of our lives in cars, sitting at our desk, flying in planes. not many people walk anymore.
I think there's more to adding transportation to DCA, whether it be a Skyway or a Trolley, besides easing aching feet. The right kind of new DCA transportation would add charm to DCA, the same way thinking about Skyway gives us warm fuzzies about old-time Disneyland.

G2-4T
07-26-2006, 07:05 PM
There certainly needs to be more transportation at DCA - not sure if Skyways and their slow loading would be the best but something needs to add a bit of kinetic energy to parts of the park... A Peoplemover or the trolley [maybe more of a tribute to the streetcars of California like the Pacific Electric cars in LA or systems around the state] would be a neat addition and, if done right, could link the backlot to the pier via the wharf or another area. It could be done in a way not to detract from the obvious features such as GRR, ToT, the boardwalk [esp. at night - that is a neat view] or the Condor Flats or views from Grand Californian but still add life and motion to the parks. Don't ask how, haven't had time to think of a route yet but I like the idea of adding transportation to the park!

Frogberto
07-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Are you an Imangineer? ;)

Ha ha! No... just a man, with some ideas. I do want DCA to become a great park.

Opus1guy
07-26-2006, 09:57 PM
I've seen a hot air ballon themed Skyway ride at some amusement park somewhere here in the U.S, but don't recall exactly where it was.

junglemom
07-26-2006, 10:08 PM
What a great idea. Getting from ToT to CS at the end of the day never sounds appealing to my feet!