PDA

View Full Version : Parking- Where is my car! Mickey & Friends!

Pages : [1] 2

snappy
07-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Has this happend to you? After a fun filled day you return to the Mickey and Friends Parking lot and heck if you know where your car is parked! No one in your party has a clue. You're tired. Kids are crying. For us not married/kids, girlfriend is shaking her head. Oh what to do. This is what worked for me and thank goodness..
I pretty much knew what time we arrived. So we walked around checking peoples parking stubs in their cars. (Thank god people don't read instructions-should be in your pocket-mine to) We finally found a level within reason on our arrival time so the hunt began. Using my remote and sticking it to my head my car alarm went off!! If you think hearing your alarm in a structure is home free, guess again. We'll we found our ride and were off. I know everyone here is smarter than that so I guess post will be limited.
:|

dsnydon
07-25-2006, 10:58 PM
You are suppose to take your parking ticket with you, and mark the level and row. Then you would know:rolleyes:

snappy
07-25-2006, 11:01 PM
You are suppose to take your parking ticket with you, and mark the level and row. Then you would know:rolleyes:
You're correct on that! But thank goodness people don't read instructions, including myself. :)

potzbie
07-26-2006, 12:21 AM
Here is an example of what I did today.

Today I parked in the Mickey And Friends structure, nearest to the post labeled, "DONALD (i.e., level 5) G-6."

I remember.
I did not have to look at my ticket.
Why not?
Because I note the pillar marking, and create a mnemonic to remember the necessary data.

COLOR is always a good mnemonic.
Instead of thinking DONALD, I pictured the blue color.
(I "see" in my mind's eye Donald Duck's blue sailor suit.)
(Teachers of memory courses always say, "Create a picture.")

For the number "6", this number (of the numbers between 0-20) is a perfect number in math.
(1 x 2 x 3 = 6)
(1 + 2 + 3 = 6)
That is, six's divisors are also the same set which sums to six.

(For this to work, you've got to have a unique characteristic for each number, which you personally cannot forget. For me "9" is always "baseball" (number of players on a team; "8" is always "octopus" (number of arms); etc.)

So far, I've got "blue color" and "perfect number".

For the letter "G", that is my last name's initial letter.

So, my mnemonic for TODAY ONLY was something like:
BLUE -- PERFECT -- ME

I repeated that phrase (really, I thought of the three elements), and BANG, I got an image in my brain that won't go away in 8 hours.

The weird thing is, I must translate.
I remember the phrase, and then backtrack to re-interpret the letters and numbers.
I say, "Blue? That must be Donald Duck's shirt, because the other levels are NOT blue."
I say, "Perfect? That must be six."

I say, "Me? That must be G or K, one of my initials, and it must be G because I didn't park as far back as the K row."

Like I said, all the books on "memory" say that if you can imagine a freaky picture, the freakier the better, then that is preferred over memorizing raw letters or numbers by rote.

evrythngwmn
07-26-2006, 12:34 AM
I just say the character/number/letter to myself and remember that. Maybe I'm just simple that way.

Vegitabeta
07-26-2006, 01:47 AM
Or you could write it on your hand or somewhere?

Drince88
07-26-2006, 03:29 AM
Another alternative is to take a picture with your digital camera of the post (or whatever the marker is) nearest your car.

Lanmon
07-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Or you can ask a cast member/security guard for assistance. They will help find your car...providing you give some facts about your car such as make, type, color, license, etc. We could not remember where our car was located and a cast member found it very quickly. ;)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
07-26-2006, 07:02 AM
I tend to just remember what level i parked on and about the area of that level. I have a couple Stickers on my windows that hardley any one has so it makes it easy to spot. if you have a special part of your car that you know is diffrent from every one else it makes it easier to find. for example i have a sticker of a girl holding a fish and fishing rod and reel onthe back side window and a sticker from another web sight (bloodydecks) its a fishing websight on the back along with a sticker from my work (REEF) so its easy to spot in the wave after wave of other SUV's

ghoofie
07-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Yeah I always think I'll remember where we're parked.
Once I was leaving a 49er football game before it ended.
I had a little portable TV I was carrying listening to the
game and we couldn't find our car. A guy walked by and
asked about the score, knowing I had it on...I said I didn't
know....he mumbled idiot...and kept walking.

mystycalchyk
07-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I just say the character/number/letter to myself and remember that. Maybe I'm just simple that way.

us too :confused:

Tinkermommy
07-26-2006, 09:45 AM
When they give me the parking ticket, I hold it on my lap until I'm parked and ready to get out. That way, I can't forget to do the next part: I circle the appropriate information.

However, since the last thing I want to do at midnight is try to find the ticket in my bag, my daughter then makes up a saying that fits our location. For example, if we're at Mickey 2F, she might say, "Mickey is too funny!" We say it over and over, making it as funny-sounding as we can, and it sticks with us. We probably look and sound like idiots walking through the parking lot saying "Goofy has five elephants!", but we have yet to forget one of them. Of course, we always have the ticket as a backup.

One further note -- we keep the tickets in a drawer, and use them as bookmarks.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
07-26-2006, 09:48 AM

Hehehe i normaly leave my parking ticket on my dashboard and watch as it changes colors do to the heat out side. it is also a reminder of how long it has ben since i have gone up there. i still have the one from a few months ago but it shall be replaced soon :D 07/31/06 woohoo cant wait

dsnyredhead
07-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Has this happend to you? After a fun filled day you return to the Mickey and Friends Parking lot and heck if you know where your car is parked!:|

Just don't do it around a new significant other. :eek:

I always mark down on the ticket which floor and row I park in now.

Rhiannon8404
07-26-2006, 12:24 PM
This works for me, too!

tod
07-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Another alternative is to take a picture with your digital camera of the post (or whatever the marker is) nearest your car.

Bingo.

Although the memorization trick works too, especially if you can work in a mnemonic like "NBC" for 8-H.

--t

Ragrobyn
07-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Take a picture with your digital camera. It should be pic #1. Simple, problem solved.

SeansMom
07-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Has this happend to you? After a fun filled day you return to the Mickey and Friends Parking lot and heck if you know where your car is parked!

Pre Mickey and Friends we parked our rental car in the now DCA lot. When we left Disneyland none of us could remember what KIND of car we were in. Only that it was white. Do you know how many white cars there are? I think we knew the general area we'd parked, but it took awhile to find our car :rolleyes: . I guess too much fun damages the memory :p.

Candy Chase
07-27-2006, 02:04 PM
We did the same years ago when the parking lot was were DCA is now. With two little ones, two tweens and a mother-in-law in tow we forgot look. At midnight all my husband could remember was that we parked near a power tower with oleander bushes around them....there were only a zillion of those in the parking lot. Loads of fun! Now, when we do park in Mickey and Friends my first picture on my digital camera is of my son and daughter standing next to parking marker sign! :fez:

averagedork
07-27-2006, 02:54 PM
When they give me the parking ticket, I hold it on my lap until I'm parked and ready to get out. That way, I can't forget to do the next part: I circle the appropriate information.

However, since the last thing I want to do at midnight is try to find the ticket in my bag, my daughter then makes up a saying that fits our location. For example, if we're at Mickey 2F, she might say, "Mickey is too funny!" We say it over and over, making it as funny-sounding as we can, and it sticks with us. We probably look and sound like idiots walking through the parking lot saying "Goofy has five elephants!", but we have yet to forget one of them. Of course, we always have the ticket as a backup.

This is how my mom and I remember our liscence plate numbers because we are really bad about that. We both got new cars in the last year and I knew my old plates, but when I got my new car I had no idea. So I looked at my plates and was like "5TDM?" And it stands for "That D#mn mouse." My mom's is cuter than mine, because she's retired and it's Lazy J.

I used to write my row, section, level on my leg when I wore medium length shorts. Wrote it on a part of my thigh where pants would cover.

Osky
07-27-2006, 04:21 PM
I did this with a rental car once at a shopping mall up in Washington, and I also forgot what color the car was. That freaked me out big time. I was not having a good day! I had to sit down for about ten minutes and think. Finally it all came back to me. After that, I have always paid very careful attention, and just put a little effort into memorizing the location. I also use imagery now.

PAPACITO
07-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Quicker than that just ask the security and tell them the approximate time you arrived and they will tell you where you should be at.

Durliin
07-27-2006, 09:19 PM
if you press one of the 250 help buttons in the structure a security officer will come to your aid. All you have to do is tell them what time you parked your car and they can find out what level and section your in. When I worked in the parking lot the lead would always write down on a clip board the time of day each section was being parked just for situations like that.

Abigail's Uncle
07-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Or you can ask a cast member/security guard for assistance.

Be sure to ask this guy; he's particularly patient with such requests.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=58866

A little cross-thread humor.:D

ChipmunkStar
07-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Digital cameras and camera phones are msot DEFINITELY the world's new best friend...