PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic & "Remember" Fireworks Strategy/Advice

DLRimagineer
07-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone...i need your opinions/advice/experience on this. I booked the fantasmic dessert buffet for the later show (10:30pm) and plan on watching the "remember" fireworks from the hub across the castle before that in order to get best possible viewing of the fireworks show. So i figured i can do that, have some time to sprint over to the balcony and check in and get my seats for the show (not to mention pig out on desserts). Do you guys think this is a good plan? Do i have enough time to make it to the dessert seating after the firework show (from the hub area to the balcony)....and will there still be fresh dessert available in good quantity when i do get there (probably 15 or 10 min before fantasmic starts). All advice on how to properly accomplish this is welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also...anyone who has experienced the fantasmic balcony dessert buffet for the LATER seating (after the fireworks)....can you please share your thoughts and experience on that. Any difference between the early and late seating? Thanks so much guys!!!!!!

Frogberto
07-24-2006, 05:21 PM
I haven't done the dessert buffet, but I have viewed the fireworks from the hub, and then saw the 10:30 fantasmic show, with no problem. You'll want to make sure you're able to get to the Frontierland entrance, and then push and shove... er, I mean, courteously make your way to the "rope drop" in front of the Mark Twain and Columbia landing. When they allow people to pass, you'll be able to get to where you need to go with plenty of time. The fireworks ends at 9:45 or so, and Fantasmic starts at 10:30, so you should be fine!

Malcon10t
07-24-2006, 05:59 PM
We do this with the riverside. We will stay at the castle, then as soon as the fireworks are over, we head over to ROA. After fireworks are over, the people there leave, and the crew needs to clean up the place, then they will start seating. We have further to go, and have always made it back with plenty of time, and there is always a ton of food. You shouldn't have a problem.

kkmickey
07-24-2006, 06:28 PM
There will be plenty of dessert! I LOVE the balcony, even better than riverfront. I think the food is MUCH better, but that is just my opinion. There is plenty of food, and they continue to refill the platters. Have a GREAT time!

DLRimagineer
07-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Thanks for all the great advice guys! i feel so much better now knowing my plan should work out fine (now to figure out a plan so as not to eat so much at the dessert buffet lol). Hey Malcon and kkmickey...think either one of you can give me a sample of what to expect for desserts there?