PDA

View Full Version : It was Hot & Crowded Saturday

allye
07-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Just got back home from DL Last night. We celebrated DS Tenth birthday. Boy was it hot. I heard it was 106, very Humid. We got the Birthday sticker, yes the phones for birthday person is working again. We went over to potc. There was a very short line we were very lucky. After we rode the ride the line was very long.We love the new stuff Jack Sparrow. Cute ! The heat really did number on me So I didn't take too many pictures, just wasn't with it. Lots people were using Wet paper towels & fans with spray bottles. Lots babies in just diaper too hot for clothes. poor Babies.They canceled Remember..because of wind. what wind?
We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn( loved it), our first time. we usually stay
at DLR.This was short visit for us just one night, 2 days. We are lucky we live about 1 hour 45 mins away from DL.
Sunday morning it rained & poured !! lightening and thunder. A lot rides closed because of lightening, bought some rain ponchos. We walked over to California. My son loved the new Monster Inc ride no line so rode it 3 times in a row.Did Soaring I'm scared of Heights so I keep one eye close through whole ride . We had lunch at storyteller cafe. DS loved the pizza. I had fish taco very good. DH had cheeseburger. We were told there was a 45 mins wait. But we wait maybe 20 mins. Very good service too. Spend most our time at DL.Sunday after all the rides are up running very sunny & humid but it seem like had a breeze
Funny, Through out our trip I was already checking out the shops to see what I wanted to buy & since we were just there in September. I though tI would have a though time spending my disney rewards card. I spent it:D Before we left to come home we decide to have dinner at the French Market. we waited about 45 mins in line finally some one complained and the cast member said He would go find out what the hold up was. but He never came back to tell us. We think it was shift and dinner/lunchmenu change. Can wait until Nemo opens !