PDA

View Full Version : Best value place to eat at Disneyland/DCA?

CmHyperion
07-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Lol, a guest asked me a rather interesting question (well, it was interesting compared to the usual "where is the nearest restroom" question) which was what would be the best value place to eat in Disneyland or DCA. I assume he meant how much food he would be able to get compared to how much he spent. I told him that Disneyland/DCA has too many place to eat to figure that out. Has anyone done any good analysis on such value dining experiences.

Another Dimension
07-24-2006, 05:58 PM
White Water Snacks.... is the correct answer. :cool:

tod
07-24-2006, 07:52 PM
You may want to probe a little.

Do they want a Total Disney Dining Experience? A trip to Goofy's or a Character Breakfast at the Plaza Inn may be in order. Do they want to eat somewhere atmospheric in the Park? Rancho Del Zocalo or the French Market are excellent choices. Do they want to go nuts and hang the expense? Blue Bayou or Vineyard Room and no, they're looking for value.

The problem with White Water Snacks is that it's an unromantic bare-bones burger place. Fine for those of us who go to DLR regularly, but as far as The Disney Experience, it's a little... wanting.

Besides, it's getting crowded over there. ;)

--t

Gone2Disneyland
07-24-2006, 08:26 PM
The problem with White Water Snacks is that it's an unromantic bare-bones burger place. Fine for those of us who go to DLR regularly, but as far as The Disney Experience, it's a little... wanting.
I've never been to WWS and I'm a local who goes often to DLR. Just Googled it and while the hot foods on the menu look good, my inclination when I hit the parks is to eat IN the parks. But you've piqued my interest now.

Back to CmHyperion's question, tod's brought up some wise points. So here's a variety of my recent experiences for consideration. My first thought for a place inside Disneyland is a corndog and lemonade from the Little Red Wagon. I like that place because it's cheap, usually fast, tasty and filling.

Spending a little more, my next favorite place is Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. Only inconvenience there is finding a table! The place is a popular one for families.

I went to Cafe Orleans a couple of weeks ago and with my discount spent $44 (minus tip) between me and a friend for an appetizer, two entrees and drinks. We passed on dessert because we were already full!

Food for thought. Or rather, thought for food. :p

h_lehmann
07-25-2006, 10:12 AM
I've always been a fan of breakfast at the River Belle Terrace. It's a good meal at a reasonable price, and the outside seating gives you a view of the river & the Mark Twain. Of course this may all change once they close it down for major remodeling (or has it closed down already?). I expect that the menu may change quite a bit after they reopen.

my2lalas
07-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Our family likes Carnation Cafe. Nice location right off Main Street and good food. If you time it right you can see some of the Parade of Dreams.
Whitewater Snacks is good and reasonable, but you do have to leave the park. Great if you're staying onsite.
We really liked Ariel's Grotto. Huge portions, good food, and character interaction. We felt it was worth the money.
Good luck!

mad4mky
07-25-2006, 12:24 PM
White Water Snacks.... is the correct answer. :cool:

Yep. 100% agree.:D

hlbtimes2
07-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Red Rockets if my families first choice. The food is good, the portions are good size ( I can get away with a kids meal and some of my husbands salad).

The corn dog cart or corn dog castle are both great!

WWS is ok, but it always seems like it takes forever to get our food. So, by time you leave the park, and wait for something to eat, and get back to the park you've wasted a fair amount of time.

splash
07-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Well, I don't know how much longer it will be there, but Bengal Barbecue. The food is even healthy - sadly, it will be closing soon