PDA

View Full Version : I heard this over the loudspeaker in DownTown Disney

PAPACITO
07-23-2006, 09:21 PM
I heard this on Friday afternoon. I was walking through Down town Disney and I heard the "Jump Around" song by House of Pain. I thought to myself I sure hope they bleep out the offenseive parts. To my suprise I heard

"I'll serve your *** like John McEnroe If your girl steps up, I'm smacking the hoe"

I was shocked and so was everyone around me who heard it too. I want to make a complaint but I dont know esactly how to go about it.

ToursbabeC3po
07-23-2006, 09:43 PM
I am sorry but that makes me laugh that it was over looked.

Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom LOL.

DisneyDustin22
07-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Things could be worse, they could have been playing Britney Spears.

Sorry I had to get that in there. I just returned from seeing the Fab Four and it made me realize how much music today just sucks. Not all of it, but a wide majority.

ToursbabeC3po
07-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Things could be worse, they could have been playing Britney Spears.

Or Myspace could be down for hours because of power outages!

CmHyperion
07-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Where was I when this happened????? I would have been laughing my a** off lol.

Another Dimension
07-24-2006, 12:22 AM
I remember the crowd booing House of Pain off the stage before they finished "Jump Around" (their 3rd song) at the Hollywood Palladium, the night they tried to open for the Ramones.

Funny stuff! Great Ramones gig!! :D

Disney should maintain a better area music selection in it's mall though....
It is a family resort, and a local Anaheim mall.

Phantom2006
07-24-2006, 04:07 AM
Or Myspace could be down for hours because of power outages!

Yea I know tell me about it.... its 5:01am Monday and still down.

But about the music...ahh nothing really to say. Just brush it off.

Vegitabeta
07-24-2006, 04:18 AM
I tried getting on Myspace too, and all the have to offer is a game of Pacman! Ick...And about the music, they should make sure they're not playing stuff like that really, it is a family place and all...

wishIwasthe_Mouse
07-24-2006, 07:41 AM
You have to admit as much as Disney tries to make it a family place where nothing offensive or bad is supposed to happen... everyone makes mistakes. I think its actualy kinda funny. Dont get me wrong i am not for Cursing around kids but it is funny that something so easily fixable could slide threw like that.

always remember to double check your saftey devices (lapbelts, shoulder harness's, lap bars) and make sure they dont just come undone. you know they may be overlooked,,, :)

odnamraortsac
07-24-2006, 09:02 AM
At Club Buzz, a few weeks ago, I saw the band "Soto" peform the song "My Humps". Although they did change a few of the lyrics, most of the song was intact. It was amusing to see all the Moms, Dads and kids dancing to this semi-off color tune

geoffa
07-24-2006, 09:34 AM
I heard this on Friday afternoon. I was walking through Down town Disney and ....... I want to make a complaint but I dont know esactly how to go about it.

To answer your question, if you want to complain either go to City Hall or Guest Relations. If you're writing then its:
Disneyland Guest Relations 1313 Harbor Boulevard Post Office Box 3232 Anaheim, CA 92803
or telephone (714) 781-7290

but to be honest, it was obviously a mistake so I'd let it go this once.:)

PAPACITO
07-24-2006, 11:08 AM
I would laugh if they would play "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizquit.

RockDoc07
07-24-2006, 01:41 PM
When we were there in June my fiancee and I were having a snack at club buzz. Over the loudspeakers they were DEFINITELY playing Enter Sandman by Metallica. There were no lyrics, it was sort of like a karaoke version. But still, I thought it was very odd to be hearing this while staring at Space Mountain and Autopia. Anyone else notice stuff like this going on in DLR?

Cool Runnings, gang
Doc

ttztotdca50
07-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Probably Disney just trying to appeal to the younger audience.

CariBelle
07-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Ya know, I would have paid good money to hear My Humps at Disneyland lol It would have been like Grad Nite all over again (but replace My Humps with whatever popular songs we had at the time, plus lots of Beastie Boys)

Edit- also I now have Jump Around stuck in my head!

PirateSmile
07-24-2006, 09:39 PM
They were playing "Beep" by the Pussycat Dolls when I was there this year. About 5 or 6 years ago I heard the Thong Song by Sisqo in Club
Buzz. IDK why they would even think of having copies of those songs in the parks, plus the others mentioned, but it makes me laugh.

littlemissgorgeous
07-24-2006, 11:38 PM
I heard this on Friday afternoon. I was walking through Down town Disney and I heard the "Jump Around" song by House of Pain. I thought to myself I sure hope they bleep out the offenseive parts. To my suprise I heard

"I'll serve your *** like John McEnroe If your girl steps up, I'm smacking the hoe"

I was shocked and so was everyone around me who heard it too. I want to make a complaint but I dont know esactly how to go about it.

Ha, ha...hey how come you know the lyrics so well ? :D
But I wonder if anyone really listens to the exact lyrics...just makes me laugh..could be worse really..