PDA

View Full Version : AP questions

jcruise86
07-23-2006, 08:54 PM
In September I am going to begin using the AP pass I purchased at a Disney Store. I'm GUESSING that this will enable me to enter Disneyland the first day I use it, but that I will be instructed to convert this into a pass with a photo and an expiration date, and that I will do this in a building near Mr. Lincoln's theater.
1. Is all of this correct?
2. If so, once I'm in the park can I get a Fastpass BEFORE I get my permanent AP card?
3. Do they issue these AP passes as soon as people are allowed on Main Street, or do they wait until the whole park is officially open?
4. Does Main Street open one hour or thirty minutes before the park officially opens? (I'd like to get my pass--or be one of the first in line to do so--so I can get in the park and ride Pirates and Space Mtn. ASAP.)
5. How long does the AP card process take?
6. Can I still get the $49 parking pass even though I already paid for AP, and what is this parking pass like? Is this parking pass a separate card, a sticker, or part of my AP ID card?
Thanks in advance!

Malcon10t
07-23-2006, 09:20 PM
In September I am going to begin using the AP pass I purchased at a Disney Store. I'm GUESSING that this will enable me to enter Disneyland the first day I use it, but that I will be instructed to convert this into a pass with a photo and an expiration date, and that I will do this in a building near Mr. Lincoln's theater.
1. Is all of this correct?
2. If so, once I'm in the park can I get a Fastpass BEFORE I get my permanent AP card?
3. Do they issue these AP passes as soon as people are allowed on Main Street, or do they wait until the whole park is officially open?
4. Does Main Street open one hour or thirty minutes before the park officially opens? (I'd like to get my pass--or be one of the first in line to do so--so I can get in the park and ride Pirates and Space Mtn. ASAP.)
5. How long does the AP card process take?
6. Can I still get the $49 parking pass even though I already paid for AP, and what is this parking pass like? Is this parking pass a separate card, a sticker, or part of my AP ID card?
Thanks in advance!1. You will get the AP at the "Bank", which is the first building on the right after you go under the train. It is just before the Opera House, where the 50th is now and where the Lincoln is when it is back. You can get it anytime that day. We've even done it the next day, as my son didn't like his hair that day :rolleyes:

2. I believe you can get fastpasses with the AP ticket before you actually get the hardcard.

3. The bank is open when Main Street opens and closes when it closes.

4. When the park opens at 9 or 10, Main Street opens 30 minutes before the rest of teh park. If the park opens at 8, they don't do this.

5. The AP process takes about 5-7 minutes usually.

6. You can add parking to your pass when you get the card. If you paid for parking when you arrived, bring your receipt. The parking pass is noted on your AP.

Darkbeer
07-23-2006, 09:25 PM
1. Yes

2. Yes, you can use the Voucher instead, but FP's are not issued until official park opening.

3 & 4. Whenever regular guests are allowed on Main Street, usually 9:30 AM for a 10 AM opening, the AP center is open at the Bank of Main Street. If it just Early Entry folks, then the center is closed, such as when the park opens at 8 AM (then the gates open at 8 AM).

5. That early in the morning, maybe 10 minutes, during a peak day, sometimes 30 to 40 minutes if the line is long.

6. Yes, you can upgrade to a Parking Pass the first day, or any other day in the future. They will give you a $10 credit if you bring in a paid parking ticket from that day. The actual AP is marked with a large "P" near your photo, and the actual AP holder must be in the car when they arrive (does not have to be the driver though)

jcruise86
07-24-2006, 06:09 AM
THANKS Malcon10t & Darkbeer!

Disney should give each of you a popcorn (at least) for answering all my questions so completely. And thanks to everyone who runs MousePlanet for providing this forum!