PDA

View Full Version : PotC Doubloons

infinite
07-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Has anyone acquired any of these? The ones you can get when you spend $30 or more in a New Orleans Square food location.

My husband will be in DL tomorrow, and I thought I would have him get one, but I haven’t heard any more about them .

AVP
07-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Has anyone acquired any of these? The ones you can get when you spend $30 or more in a New Orleans Square food location.

My husband will be in DL tomorrow, and I thought I would have him get one, but I haven’t heard any more about them .I'm working on a set for someone. I have two of them, so far.

AVP

disneygurl92
07-23-2006, 07:47 PM
I have a dabloon from like 1970 something and a replica from the movie, but I don't have one from the resturaunts. Sorry.:(

infinite
07-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Well, I will have him try, the worst thing that could happen is we find out they are no longer avaiable.

He will be in the area for four days on business, I will make him go each night for one! :D

I am so bossy!

Does he need to ask for one, or do they just give them to you?

kimk
07-23-2006, 09:20 PM
We just visited the park last week and were fortunate enough to get the first 2 in the series. According to a cm working at Cafe Orleans they release only 1 per week (I beleive on Sunday?). I think they may be handing out #4 now. When I asked about purchasing the whole set I was told that they only release them one at a time and that you cannot buy dubloons from previous weeks. I don't know if this is true or not but you might try asking your server or hostess. Good Luck:)

Vegitabeta
07-24-2006, 02:30 AM
Does anyone have photos?