PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Halloween Treat

poohpal
07-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know any more information about Mickey's Halloween Treat then was is posted on Disney's site? Is it just for kids or will adults enjoy it also?

Thanks!

kohl
07-23-2006, 06:47 PM
I took my kids last year and I had as much fun as them. There were a lot of adults that went last year without kids. It looked like everyone had a great time. This year, my husband wants to go because he said it sounded like we had so much fun!

kimk
07-23-2006, 09:26 PM
I think it's definitely an event that people of all ages would enjoy. Plus it is the only time of the year that Disney allows adults to dress in costumes at DCA (don't try to go into DL in costume if you are over the age of 9, you'll be turned away at the gates). We went last year and are already planning our costumes for this year.

cstephens
07-24-2006, 11:38 AM
The husband and I went last year and had a great time. We've already got our tickets for this year.

Here's my detailed review from last year's event. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/mht2005.html)

nemdpa
08-11-2006, 01:27 PM
First time doing this so be kind:) . We had planned to take a trip to DLR in November for the Holiday's, but now I am thinking of going so my Daughter can experience Halloween time at DLR. I would like some feedback on if it's worth it and what are good things about it.

disneyperson
08-11-2006, 01:34 PM
How young is your daughter? Would she enjoy running around and trick or treating in DCA in a costume more than seeing the Christmas lights?
We'll be going to the Halloween event for the first time this year.

nemdpa
08-11-2006, 01:45 PM
She's 2 years old. I know she is still too young to really enjoy the trick or treating aspect, but we've never seen DLR at Hallowwen. We normally go every year in November for the lights and ambiance. I might even be able to talk my Husband into going for Halloween and the Holidays.

infinite
08-11-2006, 01:54 PM
How long of a trip were you planning?

The reason I ask is, could you cut it in half and do two shorter trips? You wouldn't have to see all the shows and ride all the rides in one trip, and you would have a chance to see BOTH Halloween and Christmas this year. I remember reading Disneyland is making a big deal of Halloween this year, in addition to Mickey’s Halloween Treat.

olegc
08-11-2006, 01:56 PM
there are other threads on this board that talk specifics about the decorations - but suffice it to say this will be the 1st year that the DLR will have extensive halloween decorations inside the park. Unlike the WDW event (which you have used in your thread title) Disneyland has not been celebrating halloween too much over that last 10 years. The only smidgen of halloween was the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay and some food and pin items.
Last year they started Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA - a separate ticketed event with 13 trick or treating stations, characters dressed up in their own favorite halloween costumes, and some of the rides (not all) to be open. They are doing this again this year for several days near the end of October - $29 day of event (your regular ticket does not get you in).

HMH returns this year to DLR - but the extent of the other decorations is not known. In years past you have seen the Christmas/Holiday decorations start to go up in mid November. I would assume this would be the same since Halloween is over on 11/1 - but as with anything at the DLR - you never know all the details until it's officially released...

disneyperson
08-11-2006, 02:10 PM
With a two year old, I think you should choose the season you like best. She'll love it either way.

stagemomx3
08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
We are going for Halloween, but my kids are older. I don't think I would take a 2 year old, I'd probably wait a couple more years. Also it's Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA. MNSSH is at WDW.

nemdpa
08-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Sorry for using the wrong name. If we do go for Halloween we would make that our short trip and then come back for the Holidays. Thanks for the replys!

disneyperson
08-11-2006, 03:13 PM
If we do go for Halloween we would make that our short trip and then come back for the Holidays. Thanks for the replys!
That's the ticket! Two trips are better than one.

stagemomx3
08-11-2006, 08:32 PM
If we do go for Halloween we would make that our short trip and then come back for the Holidays. Thanks for the replys!

Oh I vote for this choice! :D