PDA

View Full Version : CM Holiday Parties in December

Geneva
07-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know yet when the CM parties are scheduled for this December? My husband and I have decided to go to DL between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but were told to try to avoid those dates. Someone mentioned in another thread that they thought it might be Dec. 4-9, but that didn't get any confirmation from anyone who would know for sure. Any word on this? If that's the case, we'll likely plan to go Dec. 10-15 (we are planning on hitting Universal and Magic Mountain as well, and thought Sun-Fri should give us plenty of time).

Thanks!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-23-2006, 02:10 PM
I was the one that started another thread about this very topic because we have a trip planned December 4-9. But there were a few replies that mentioned the park not being that busy during the CM party days, which would be Monday and Tuesday of the week we will be there, and that it would just close early during the week, which was fine by me. We are keeping our December 4-9 dates. As we won't be at the park until Tuesday, so we may just have 1 early closing day.

Geneva
07-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks, I hadn't seen that thread. Lots of good info there!

I guess we'll wait and see what the park hours are like for the month. Someone mentioned in that thread that "the parks close at 6:00 during this time of year". If it's going to be 6:00 no matter when we go, then we might as well go the first week and try to see the CP on Sunday night. If they'll be open later the second week, then we'll go with that.

I sure wish they would give us these details earlier in the year. Luckily, since it's an off-time, we have the flexibility to wait a while before booking.

mousey_girl
07-23-2006, 02:46 PM
It isn't so much the cm parties, but the private parties.

Malcon10t
07-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks, I hadn't seen that thread. Lots of good info there!

I guess we'll wait and see what the park hours are like for the month. Someone mentioned in that thread that "the parks close at 6:00 during this time of year". If it's going to be 6:00 no matter when we go, then we might as well go the first week and try to see the CP on Sunday night. If they'll be open later the second week, then we'll go with that.

I sure wish they would give us these details earlier in the year. Luckily, since it's an off-time, we have the flexibility to wait a while before booking.
You can tell when the parties are by the closing hours. Disneyland generally closes at 8 during that time, M-Th, but if there is a private party, it will close at 6. Its not just CM parties, but large companies rent the park for their company parties. You really won't know until October or so.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-23-2006, 09:06 PM
You can tell when the parties are by the closing hours. Disneyland generally closes at 8 during that time, M-Th, but if there is a private party, it will close at 6. Its not just CM parties, but large companies rent the park for their company parties. You really won't know until October or so.
Do they close both parks early, or do they generally leave one open later than the other? I wouldn't mind if one closed early and the other was open later, we would just plan our day around that.

Darkbeer
07-23-2006, 09:28 PM
They close both parks at 6 PM, to allow the CM's to attend their party.

No official dates have been announced, usually we find out the exact dates when they release the park hours for December (in about a month), but the first Monday and Tuesday in December is a good guess.