PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions???

Chip37
05-02-2002, 04:21 PM
We are going to be going to Las Vegas in July for about a week and I was curious if going to Disneyland from Las Vegas would be to far of a drive? Could anyone suggest any tips on how we should do this or is this out of the question? How far of a drive or would it be inexpensive to fly and should I go to Orange County or LAX? We have a trip planned this fall but we wanted to possibly go there for a couple of days while we are at Las vegas. Also forgot to mention that we will have our 2 daughters which are 11 and 13. Hope somone can give me an idea! Thanks as always, Chip.

Darkbeer
05-02-2002, 05:08 PM
First off, if you are planning to go to Las Vegas, you should check out this website...

www.lasvegasadvisor.com

Great bargains and lots of inside information.

You can do the drive in anywhere between 5 and 14 hours, all depending on traffic, NEVER drive to LA from Vegas on Sunday, and NEVER drive to Vegas from LA on Fridays, unless you like seeing Interstate 15's imitation of a parking lot (for no reason except too many cars). Southwest has the Friends fry free deal right now, so you should find you could get 4 tickets for a total of about $200 to $300 if you are flexible enough with your dates and times. Southwest is fairly limited in its flights and discounts from John Wayne, but either LAX, Burbank or Ontario has lots of flights and choices. (I just checked, prior to taxes and fees, $118 round trip for two for LAX, BUR or ONT, $176 for Orange County)

Lani
05-02-2002, 05:45 PM
My most favoritest Vegas Web site in the whole wide world is Cheapo Vegas (http://www.cheapovegas.com).

I seem to recall the drive from LA to Vegas not being too bad.

Chip37
05-04-2002, 12:35 AM
Thanks to both of you!! I just checked Southwest from Las Vegas to LAX for all 4 of us would only be 292.00 with tax and we are seriously considering doing it. We are going to be staying at a hotel called Bellagio and got a great rate and I have the Las Vegas Advisor in my list of favorites and have gotten some great information. So again thanks to you both. We thought of driving but with the friends fly free airfare we might just fly instead because that would save a lot of time and more time to play at the Happiest Place on Earth!!! Thanks again, Chip.