PDA

View Full Version : The land of Mouse... mice... meese.

Pages : [1] 2

JCLowesman
07-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Did someone do away with the ferel cats? I was at DL last Wednesday and had two mouse encounters while there, something that has never happened to me in 51 years of park visits.

Encounter #1 was in one of the NOS planters. My family and I watched for several minutes while one little grey guy made several trips out of his burrow to harvest a spilled popcorn box. He(she) had no fear of people at all, and even did a little territorial squeeking at us

#2 was while my wife and I were waiting for the fireworks. We staked out a spot in front of the castle, against the fence and next to the little planter with the crepe myrtle tree on the left of the walkway. A mouse poked it's head up from a burrow under the crepe myrtle, , then ran across the walkway, over our blanket and my wife's foot to the fence behind her and down the slope to the moat.:eek:

Anyone else have any "wild" animal adventures?

infinite
07-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Awe...how cute!

bradk
07-21-2006, 01:09 PM
i did catch a cat out in may... and i've seen photos of them since, or at least around that time.

unfortunately, not the greatest photo, but they're there:

http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/1465116/1/69918004

Tinkermommy
07-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Did someone do away with the ferel cats? I was at DL last Wednesday and had two mouse encounters while there, something that has never happened to me in 51 years of park visits.

Anyone else have any "wild" animal adventures?

We had one three years ago this summer, also while waiting for the fireworks. We were seated on the ground, front row in front of the castle, when a little mouse ran in front of us. It seemed to be very surprised to see all of us sitting there in the dark and ran all over the place as if trying to figure out where to go. It was actually pretty funny; it didn't come that close to us and nobody freaked. Everybody just laughed and pointed.

We saw another one a few months ago while waiting to go up to the Monorail. It looked like it came out from a hole in the Nemo wall.

JCLowesman
07-21-2006, 01:20 PM
i did catch a cat out in may... and i've seen photos of them since, or at least around that time.

unfortunately, not the greatest photo, but they're there:

http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/1465116/1/69918004

If looks could kill, bradk, you would be sprouting grass by now. Cats can be so expressive. Great photo.

infinite
07-21-2006, 01:21 PM
We saw another one a few months ago while waiting to go up to the Monorail. It looked like it came out from a hole in the Nemo wall.

He was looking for Nemo!!

I wonder if he found him.:)

samkj
07-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Awe...how cute!
Not exactly the words I would use....

IdahoMike
07-21-2006, 01:56 PM
We saw several of them in June (cats, not mice), mostly around Tom Sawyer's Island/Hungry Bear area back in the bushes. One was sunning himself on one of the Tom Sawyer rafts, and a couple more were hanging out near shore past the Hungry Bear as we rode around on the Mark Twain.

kandyk
07-21-2006, 02:15 PM
When we were there in May this year we saw 3 cats. Two were snoozing in the shade by the train in DCA. The other was hanging out at White Water Snacks waiting for some snacks. In June of 2005 we saw one cat walking amongest the miniature houses in the Storybook Land Canal Boats ride. It was very cute-looked like something out of a sci-fi movie.

bradk
07-21-2006, 04:37 PM
haha.. wish i had seen that... i got a big thrill out of the 'enormous' ducks though

cstephens
07-21-2006, 08:49 PM
There are way more mice at the park than even the cats can handle.

Last weekend, we saw a cute kitty sitting on the steps leading up to the chalet in Fantasyland. He/she was taking a bath.

tod
07-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Check the area just past the Hungry Bear. The cats have been known to congregate there.

--t

PrincessAmie
07-21-2006, 10:09 PM
My cousin told her son when he was about 5 that Mickey is just a puppet. :rolleyes: (don't get me started on that) Anyway we were walking near Triton Gardens and saw a little mouse scurry across the walkway. I pointed it out and told my cousin's son told him it was the real Mickey Mouse. He still to this day reminds me that we saw the real Mickey Mouse. LOL

darph nader
07-22-2006, 12:44 AM
Mouse..Mice.. Meese. I thought it was Mooses??:confused:

JCLowesman
07-22-2006, 02:31 AM
Mouse..Mice.. Meese. I thought it was Mooses??:confused:

Mooses? That would be Bullwinkle, wouldn't it?:rolleyes:

Tinkermommy
07-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Check the area just past the Hungry Bear. The cats have been known to congregate there.

I've heard CatPlanet has a meet there most Sundays at noon. Sometimes, you can see them walking around with their little CatPad buttons...

(sorry, couldn't resist):p

PAPACITO
07-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I saw three mice yesterday by the Lion King Trams. Also a grip of Cockroaches.

disneyperson
07-22-2006, 01:00 PM
There's a big yellow tom cat that makes Story Book Land his special territory. We've seen him several times . Once he had a mouse in his jaws. He seemed quite pleased with himself.

Nancy
07-23-2006, 09:30 AM
When my kids were small and took naps in the stroller, I would park next to Walt and Mickey and watch one little mouse in the same place for what seemed like about a year. Maybe the gardeners planted around his den.

potterphreak
07-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Here's a photo of the cute lil cat catching some Zzzzs in front of the train in DCA.
The train that houses the ice cream place:

http://www.cjthegreat.smugmug.com/gallery/1647714/3/80516514

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-23-2006, 02:07 PM
I just can't hear all this mouse talk. I can't, I can't, I can't. I am going to walk around the park paranoid that a mouse will run over my foot!!!!!!!!!!

annieb727
07-23-2006, 06:31 PM
I just can't hear all this mouse talk. I can't, I can't, I can't. I am going to walk around the park paranoid that a mouse will run over my foot!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha....ME TOO!!!

disneygurl92
07-23-2006, 07:34 PM
I saw a mouse over by the Matterhorn while waiting in line. I thought someone dropped something at first.
Then like the same night I saw another one over in a planter next to the French Market.

JCLowesman
07-24-2006, 07:27 AM
This is obviously a mouse invasion:cool:

wishIwasthe_Mouse
07-24-2006, 07:54 AM
I have seen a few mice around the park lately. mainly in the planters (and there is a huge one wearing shorts trying to blend in with everyone. What is he thinking :) ) anyway they cant catch all the mice and anyone who has seen the cats knows they are fed faily well, they are always quiet plump. I think the funniest experiance i had with the Cats was wile rideing around The rivers of America on the MT i saw one sleeping in the horns of the Moose it was great. any way no matter what they would never beable to get rid of all the mice. and just think they are helping clean up all the spilled food :)