PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Seating?

miss bianca
07-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi Everyone - where is your favorite (best) place to sit and watch Block Party Bash?

Also, I'll be there Sunday 7/30 - how far in advance should we camp out for our seats?

Thanks!:)

cstephens
07-21-2006, 12:01 PM
They've taken out the middle zone (the one by Bug's Land) and only have the Sunshine Plaza zone and the Golden State zone now. I usually watched it from the Bug's Land zone, right in front of the Monsters, Inc. float, so I'm bummed. But we got a glimpse of it at the third zone on Monday, and I'm figuring next time I see it, I'll be in the area between the Lhoud Bhang (or however you spell it) pin cart and the Golden Zephyr, because that way, I'll still be able to see the Monster's, Inc. float and characters, but I'll also be able to see the acrobat people right behind them.

PAPACITO
07-22-2006, 12:57 PM
I know that last week they didnt stop the Block Party. It was too hot to have the dancers dance for 15 minutes at each location so they went straight through without stoping. Maybe by the 30th it will be a little cooler and they will stop the parade to get out and dance.

bradk
07-22-2006, 02:55 PM
it's been 2 stops for quite some time... long before summer

it's more of a cutback thing.. i can't see how it saves money, although it probably inherently does since it makes it much shorter timewise.

i believe it started when they cut back on the schedule as well. when it wasn't being performed every day during offpeak.

rentayenta
07-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Does anyone know where the Toy Story group stops?

NetworkDad
07-23-2006, 08:11 AM
We saw the Toy Story group right at the wharf area. There are some nice seats up agains the flower beds in that area that offer a great view.

rentayenta
07-23-2006, 08:12 AM
We saw the Toy Story group right at the wharf area. There are some nice seats up agains the flower beds in that area that offer a great view.

Perfect- thank you!

bradk
07-23-2006, 08:30 AM
i realized this last time and just about slapped myself.

the order of the floats is: toy story, monsters inc and bug's life.

they all stop right in the zone. so the front of the zone is where you'll see toy story, the middle is where you'll catch monsters, inc. and the end is where you'll catch a bug's life.

so if you want to see a particular float, you just need to stake out the zone and determine which part of it you want to be in.

the only thing to be cautious about is it's possible to get between the floats, but they pretty much fill in all the spaces anyway.

Carina
08-01-2006, 02:08 PM
I grabbed some chairs from the Burrbank icecream place ( the far end of the train) and sat them right on the edge of the street right there... we had AWSOME views for Toy story ( and didnt have to sit on the ground)

Goosegirl
08-01-2006, 02:19 PM
I camped out right at the beginning of the parade across from the entrance to Playhouse Disney. We saw the parade on Wednesday and it was really good. It was not at all crowded and my baby LOVED when the machine spit out all the nerf balls.