PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy CityPass

jamsandwich
07-21-2006, 02:12 AM
I searched and checked out a few threads, as well as the CityPass site, yet I'm pretty sure this is still a silly question (EDIT: And yes it is, apparently, they answer it on P1 of the CityPass site, which I usually just click through to SoCal)

Where can you buy the SoCal CityPass? (ANSWER: participating attractions).

Still, I have a query:

I understand it's available at Costco, and while that'll be a bit out of our way, to save the $25/head we might make the trek to the one in Fullerton. But is it widely available, or is there the chance we'll go and find that a particular Costco doesn't carry it, or they don't have it in quantity (we only need 5, but Costco often seems odd to me). I'd order it from Costco online or my local Costco, but I don't believe they're available (or that they'll ship them from the website) to Canadians.

Thanks for the help

bradk
07-21-2006, 06:16 AM
costco.com is the only reliable place to buy it from (you won't know if it's available in store until it's too late) and it's cheaper than buying it from citypass or any of the attractions.

RStar
07-21-2006, 06:50 AM
You can also buy it online from the Universal website and print it up at home. The only stipulation is that you have to go to Universal first (at least this is how it works for the Southern California City Pass). This saves you on the shipping, and you know you have it before you leave the house.

bradk
07-21-2006, 08:34 AM
just to clarify.. costco.com has a savings of about $25 per adult citypass and $20 per child citypass over the cost of it anywhere else.

even with the non-member surcharge/shipping, a family of 5 should make out much better through costco.com

also, i should note that if you are not a member of costco.com, as long as you know someone who's a member, they can use their account to login and you can use your own billing/shipping info to avoid the fee.

jamsandwich
07-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, although I'm a Costco member, being a Canadian I can't order from Costco.com (just Costco.ca).

I guess I could take my chances after arrival, or just bite the bullet and buy at the park. Still, nice to know that I can buy there. Imagine Citypass hiding that info one whole link away from the front page of its site! Unbelievable! ;)

Nancy
07-22-2006, 08:02 AM
AAA also has citypass

dsnydon
07-22-2006, 04:04 PM
You can buy a CITY PASS at the Main Gate Ticket Booth:)

They are listed right up there with all the other tickets we sell;)

bradk
07-22-2006, 05:15 PM
yes, citypasses can be purchased at any of the attractions, but costco has everyone's price beat. i think that's the point of the OP. however, poor OP can't purchase from costco.com, so wants to know if visiting a costco store is worth it, which I've heard isn't (not sure if I expressed that earlier).

missm
08-06-2006, 03:12 PM
I was at Costco in Seattle (shoreline costco) yesterday and they have the Southern California City passes for 174.95. It includes a 3 day pass to Disneyland, a pass to Sea World, a pass to either the San Diego zoo or wild animal park and a pass to Universal studios. I just wanted everyone in the area to know about this. If I was going anytime soon I would be all over it.

efoxx
08-06-2006, 08:36 PM
WFoxx and the girls bought their city pass from costco.com and we live in chicago area. You can also check mousesavers.com and try the costco link there. Good Luck. It really did save her and our daughters a bundle.

Bolivar
08-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks to this thread I just saved $120. I am heading down on Sunday and was about to buy Citypasses, but thanks to this thread I bought them at Costco.

I know that at DL kids are free until they are three; is this true at the other parks as well: Universal, Seaworld, San Diego Zoo? I ask because my two-year-old is coming too and I obviously didn't buy a Citypass for him.

bradk
08-07-2006, 02:36 PM
according to citypass.com, under 3 is free for all locations

http://www.citypass.com/price/socal.html

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
09-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Can somebody post the link to the info / existing thread about buying a Citypass and then upgrading it to a DL AP before the end of the 3rd day at DL? Do you have to do the other attractions first? How does that work? It must be here somewhere, probably explained by Darkbeer. :D What is the "value" that you apply towards the AP? Thanks in advance.

kiwifuz
09-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Umm well obviously you have to upgrade before the 3rd day is over. No you don't have to do the other attractions first. Every place just takes their "coupon" from your booklet in exchange for admission. At DL you have to actually exchange it for the hopper. Not sure on the value right now. We used the '05 version & our hopper "value" was $139. Not sure what it is now since the price is more for the citypass. But in '05 it included Knotts & not Universal so it would be hard to judge I'd guess.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
09-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks. I had no idea that there was a "booklet". I understand that you need to use all of the attractions, or coupons in this case, within 14 days. How do they know when you use the first coupon? Do they have some sort of system where Universal would know that the Disney Hopper had been used on a certain day? Thanks again.

DianeM
09-02-2006, 11:25 PM
We just picked up a booklet at Costco for $175. There is a place to write the date on the inside cover of the booklet, and a warning not to remove any "tickets" until we redeem them at the appropriate park. I'm guessing that the first place we use the booklet will stamp it with the date.

Thanks. I had no idea that there was a "booklet". I understand that you need to use all of the attractions, or coupons in this case, within 14 days. How do they know when you use the first coupon? Do they have some sort of system where Universal would know that the Disney Hopper had been used on a certain day? Thanks again.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
09-02-2006, 11:31 PM
We just picked up a booklet at Costco for $175. There is a place to write the date on the inside cover of the booklet, and a warning not to remove any "tickets" until we redeem them at the appropriate park. I'm guessing that the first place we use the booklet will stamp it with the date.
Thanks. That makes it clear. :D

kiwifuz
09-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Yeah we actually did Disney last and at the ticket booth the woman asked when the 1st day was that we used it, and she wrote the date in. None of the other places seemed to care at all since the 14day thing is due to the DL hopper. Not sure what Universal's idea is on it though since we didn't have that option. At the WAP, Sea World, & Knotts they just tore out their coupon as we passed through the turnstile, barely even looked at the thing to check a date.

When you get the Citypass it has a thicker than paper outside with the citypass logo, not cardboard but maybe like a shiny cardstock kind of paper. Inside is a tear out coupon for each location, the Zoo/WAP is on a page together since you have to choose one. I personally wish it was a bit smaller since we don't carry anything with us anywhere that doesn't fit in our pockets, but oh well I suppose.