PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whip Question!

Pages : [1] 2

i.love.disneyland
07-20-2006, 10:49 PM
So this will be my first time trying a Dole Whip (I know, right?!) and I'm not sure if it's the plain Dole Whip or the Dole Whip Float I'm supposed to be going for. Is it just a matter of taste or does one reign supreme over the other?

dac1997
07-21-2006, 12:01 AM
My first experience was the Dole whip float. For me it was just a little too much pineapple. I might suggest starting with just the Dole whip and see how it treats you. The Dole whip float was delicious though. Hope that helps.

Another Dimension
07-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Go with the Dole Whip!! :)

disneyballerina
07-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Dole Whip, Dole Whip, Dole Whip! :)

It's sort of like a soft serve (Foster's Freeze style?) pineapple flavored ice cream. So refreshing! Love 'em! My daughter and I both love Dole Whips. Husband and son don't love them quite as much. :eek:

Vegitabeta
07-21-2006, 12:55 AM
I tried the Dole Whip, never had the float...But the Dole Whip was good so I say go for that!

RStar
07-21-2006, 05:52 AM
The Dole Whip is the core product. Try it first, and then the float after you are familiar with the it.

Good luck!;)

J/K:~D

Gone2Disneyland
07-21-2006, 06:20 AM
I enjoyed the Dole pineapple whip exclusively for years. Thought it was (and is) one of the greatest tastes and experiences Disneyland has to offer.

Finally, a couple of years ago, I broke the norm and tried a float on a hot summer day. Now I'm kinda stuck on the floats!

All that said, I agree with everyone else so far and suggest to you go for the whip. Relish it (hopefully)! Stick to that to keep you happy. Then, down the road you'll always have the float when you feel like finally trying something new.

Bon appetit!

junglemom
07-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Oh Man, wait til I Heart Disneyland sees this thread. She is an avid supporter for the float. On my last trip, just for her, I tried one again. It did nothing for me. The pineapple juice was just too sour. I really just want the whip part, and it's definitely not worth the added cost for me. I did like the cherry though.:p

cstephens
07-21-2006, 07:06 AM
So this will be my first time trying a Dole Whip (I know, right?!) and I'm not sure if it's the plain Dole Whip or the Dole Whip Float I'm supposed to be going for. Is it just a matter of taste or does one reign supreme over the other?

Depends on your preference. A Dole Whip is pretty much like a soft-serve pineapple frozen yogurt. The Dole Whip float is half a serving of the Dole Whip on top of half a cup of pineapple juice (hence the "float"). Pineapple juice is also sold by itself. I prefer just the Whip myself because that's what I really like. Sometimes my husband will get a Whip and a juice separately, and I'll have a taste of the juice. I like the juice ok but not enough to even have half a glass of it.

bradk
07-21-2006, 07:28 AM
i'm all about the float myself. but i would agree. start small, then slide down the slippery slope into floatland if you wish.

snappy
07-21-2006, 07:57 AM
I was told that the main ingredient in the Dole Whip was Soy. Taste great and semi good for you. FYI

Goosegirl
07-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Never had the float myself but LOVE the whip. I may try the float this time. We leave on Sunday!!!!

annieb727
07-21-2006, 10:45 AM
you can also ask for a sample of the dole whip - we did that YUCKY!! We were glad we didn't waste the money on it...me, I knew I wouldn't like it...I DO NOT like pineapple. DH thought he'd like it, but he didn't...never again....:rolleyes:

hg0079
07-21-2006, 11:02 AM
yes we too will be trying for the first time you are not alone

cstephens
07-21-2006, 11:03 AM
you can also ask for a sample of the dole whip - we did that YUCKY!! We were glad we didn't waste the money on it...me, I knew I wouldn't like it...I DO NOT like pineapple.

I'm confused - if you know you don't like pineapple, why would you even try something that is made up pretty much entirely of pineapple? I have a friend who is deathly allergic to pineapple, so she wouldn't go near the stuff.

potzbie
07-21-2006, 11:43 AM
But don't eat the PARASOL!
:)
(Why not? It is too flavorless! And chewy!)
:) :)

annieb727
07-21-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm confused - if you know you don't like pineapple, why would you even try something that is made up pretty much entirely of pineapple? I have a friend who is deathly allergic to pineapple, so she wouldn't go near the stuff.

dh tried it and he wanted me too as well...i told him i knew i wouldn't like it...but he insisted :rolleyes:

IdahoMike
07-21-2006, 01:57 PM
We tried the Dole Whip for the first time while waiting for the Tiki Room, and it gets 5 thumbs up from all members of my family! Haven't tried the float, but the Whip rules!

Amybirds
07-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Hubby & I were there in November. On the first day of our two day trip I convinced him to try a Whip while I got the Float. He liked it well enough but didn't seem fanatical about it.
Next day though, he ended up getting FOUR of them during the course of the day and would have probably got more if I hadn't finally said enough was enough!!

The float was tasty, but it seems like there's neither enough of the juice to satisfy your liquid cravings, nor enough of the whip to satisfy your creamy cravings. So the whip seems better.

RStar
07-21-2006, 06:30 PM
It's not realy strongly pineapple. There are no pineapple chunks. It's light and sweet, not sour. Very different from eating pineapple.

I was told that the main ingredient in the Dole Whip was Soy. Taste great and semi good for you. FYI

O boy! Soy Whip any one??!! :eek:

kiwifuz
07-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Personally I prefer the float. But then again I love pineapple juice so maybe that's why?

cstephens
07-21-2006, 08:43 PM
It's not realy strongly pineapple. There are no pineapple chunks. It's light and sweet, not sour. Very different from eating pineapple.

Well, yes, it's different than having an actual slice of pineapple, but if one knows they don't like pineapple, I just can't imagine why they'd try it willingly. In her case, she didn't - it was her weirdo husband! :)

I don't like eel. There have been occasions when I've agreed to eat it, but even if it's very light flavor and doesn't really seem like eel, if there's a food product that I know is made with eel, I'm not going to try it on my own to see if I like it.

(And yes, that includes eel creme brulee.)

darph nader
07-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Don't get me wrong,but isn't just WRONG to whip a dole?? :eek:

infinite
07-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Whip, float, juice…I like them all!

I really like pineapple, though,!

And, is there really such a thing as eel crème brulee?

potzbie
07-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Once you're done trying the namby-pamby pencil neck foods, try a real man's food:
PINEAPPLE ON A STICK.

THAT will put hair on your chest!
:)