PDA

View Full Version : Finding Nemo

Disney Daddy of 4
07-20-2006, 08:38 PM
I love looking at Darkbeer's pix of the new "Finding Nemo Ride", but it prompted me to wonder what some of the items are. Does anyone know any details about the new ride. I loved the old submarine ride, but I am getting excited to see what nemo has to offer.

Frogberto
07-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Great question. Not a whole lot of facts are out there, but the Disney press release describing this ride is the best overall description I found out there. I wish I had a link for you.

Wikipedia, for what it's worth, does have the following information:

Although little is known of the finer details of the new ride, a couple of interesting things have leaked. The Yesterland page reported that new technology will be used to create the illusion of an undersea journey: Instead of underwater plastic fish on strings, each porthole will be a small effect box used to project images so that they appear to be moving through the water outside the boat. However, more recent developments have suggested that these 'boxes' will literally be small individual aquarium tanks, that are in fact dry inside, keeping the projection equipment, set pieces, and Audio-Animatronics dry. Because there will be a space between the glass walls of these dry tanks and the submarines, from the rider's perspective, are below the water level, the effect will appear as if the scenes are underwater as the guests look through the water to the scenes in the tanks. The Seagulls who yelp "Mine Mine" in the movie are also planned to appear in the outside queue area as brand new Audio-Animatronics. In addition to a brand-new loading station, an area providing wheelchair-bound guests who cannot ride the attraction due to the configuration of the subs (they are grandfathered as they were built before ADA requirements) will be built allowing those who cannot ride to view a video presentation of the experience.

The official Disney press releases reveals a storyline that puts the guests as members of the sub crew. Guests will embark on an expedition to observe an active undersea volcano. But soon after departure, they will be delighted to discover their favorite fish friends getting into the swim of things right alongside their submarine! Nemo and his friends are able to go along for the ride thanks to the new projection technology described above.

With new use of the subs’ vintage "sonar hydrophones," Guests will hear the fish talk with the same personalities and humor established in the film. Guests will get to eavesdrop on the exploits of Dory (Blue Tang fish), Marlin (Clown fish), Crush (Turtle), Bruce (Great White Shark) and the members of the “tank gang,” and most importantly, take part in an ever changing adventure of trying to “find” Nemo throughout the voyage.

Along the way guests catch glimpses of Nemo in a variety of colorful undersea environments while joining Crush, Dory, Bruce and Marlin in the undersea search. There will be several moments when Guests aboard their submarine will be able to see Nemo while the other guests won’t! After surviving a sub-shaking volcanic eruption, the subs dive alongside a breathtakingly beautiful coral reef where Marlin, Nemo and all their friends gather to celebrate finding Nemo at last.

They (Wikipedia) also note that the submarines are going to have an increased capacity, adding 4 seats, by using less space consuming staircases, and are going to run on electric power, instead of the diesel the old subs ran on.

Hopefully we'll find out even more in the months ahead.

DisneyDustin22
07-21-2006, 07:36 AM
During the month of October every year the Nemo Subs will then get the "Hunt for Red October" overlay where a Captain Ramius (Sean Connery) audio animatronic will be added to the attraction. In this overlay Captain Ramius will be helping John Ryan (Alec Baldwin) try and make his court date. This will also coincide with the "Cliffhanger" overlay on Matterhorn with Sly Stallone and that black guy from Cool Runnings each January where you will try to escape the ever terrifying and horrific torture of none other than Mr. evil himself, John Lithgow. And then there is the "Annaconda" overlay on Jungle Cruise with John Voight and Ice Cube each August. The storyline for this is it will just suck.

PAPACITO
07-21-2006, 08:35 AM
I wonder if the subs will have the same names. I know one of them is named the Natulus or something like that.

R.D.
07-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Has any one got any info about the subs at Disneyland?
It's going to be based on on the film Finding Nemo.
They say it is going to open 2007.
My baby bro can't wait.

Disney Daddy of 4
07-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Very Cool!!

doombuggy driver
07-23-2006, 07:02 PM
There is another thread about this already. Try looking there.

shawnarae
08-10-2006, 10:12 AM
I have searched and searched, and still can not find the opening day of the Finding Nemo ride. Anyone know? I have went through about 20 threads, and no date...just 2007. Thanks :D

tinker3
08-10-2006, 11:41 AM
During the month of October every year the Nemo Subs will then get the "Hunt for Red October" overlay where a Captain Ramius (Sean Connery) audio animatronic will be added to the attraction. In this overlay Captain Ramius will be helping John Ryan (Alec Baldwin) try and make his court date. This will also coincide with the "Cliffhanger" overlay on Matterhorn with Sly Stallone and that black guy from Cool Runnings each January where you will try to escape the ever terrifying and horrific torture of none other than Mr. evil himself, John Lithgow. And then there is the "Annaconda" overlay on Jungle Cruise with John Voight and Ice Cube each August. The storyline for this is it will just suck.

Too Funny!:fez:

cstephens
08-10-2006, 02:09 PM
I have searched and searched, and still can not find the opening day of the Finding Nemo ride. Anyone know? I have went through about 20 threads, and no date...just 2007. Thanks :D

You can't find anything because no opening date has yet been announced.

Frogberto
08-10-2006, 03:03 PM
One online columnist stated that the opening date for "Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage" was pushed back from Memorial Day, 2007, to July 4, 2007 ... but nothing confirmed from Disney yet.

Here's a link to the article (http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al071106b.htm) if you want to read what's known about the opening day of Nemo to date:

Quote:

"With all of the technical changes and script rewrites being demanded by John Lasseter, combined with the ballooning budget attached to his additions, the timetable for reopening the underwater ride has slipped yet again.

Originally slated to be in soft openings by March '07, then pushed back to May, and then again to late June, TDA is staring at a scenario that has the very promising new E Ticket attraction opening right before the 4th of July weekend and right as many lower tier annual passholders get blocked out for the summer. "

disneyhound
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
...Originally slated to be in soft openings by March '07, then pushed back to May, and then again to late June...

I had this fantasy that in early January 2007, on our next DL vacation, that we would be surprised by a soft opening... We would be strolling along, just leaving Autopia, on our way to Matterhorn, and out of the dark, a CM would softly call to us, "Psssst; we need a couple of guests to come and ride Nemo." :p

Sub Maniak
08-12-2006, 01:25 PM
From photo updates I have concluded that the following show scened will stay in a bit of their old encantation.

[/LIST]The Graveyard of lost ships
The Giant Squid
The Underater Volcano
*Ice Caps* (Possibly)
[/LIST]

In fact, even some of the AA's sold could come back with better techology.

potterphreak
08-13-2006, 09:11 AM

Isn't the Tom Clancy character named JACK Ryan? Just a question.....

cstephens
08-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Isn't the Tom Clancy character named JACK Ryan? Just a question.....

As I recall, John is his real given name, but he goes by Jack. Kinda like JFK.