PDA

View Full Version : Premium AP and Club 33

mckygirl99
07-20-2006, 08:38 PM
OK, my trip is coming up and I was wondering if I could use my discounts in there or is it even a separate entity from the rest of the park.

Thanks!

Opus1guy
07-20-2006, 08:52 PM
OK, my trip is coming up and I was wondering if I could use my discounts in there or is it even a separate entity from the rest of the park.

Thanks!

It's a separate entity. You need to be a Member or a guest of a Member to get a reservation there. A membership cost many thousands of dollars and there is a waiting list for memberships many years long.

No discounts of any kind.

Frogberto
07-20-2006, 09:35 PM
No discounts. Believe me, having both an annual pass, and paying over a couple of several thousand the weekend before last for a group of us to have dinner, it would have been nice to have a discount, but the world of discounts doesn't apply there.

Plus, as I've previously stated here, the first rule of Club 33 is that we don't talk about Club 33. (tm)

Opus1guy
07-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Plus, as I've previously stated here, the first rule of Club 33 is that we don't talk about Club 33. (tm)

Who's rule is that? I talk about Club 33 all the time...encouraged to do so by Club and Disneyland management on several occasions. :)

There was a time decades ago when the place was practically top-secret...very hush, hush...and they didn't like anybody saying anything about the place. But Disneyland President Jack Lindquist ended that moratorium with a splash back when he agreed to a multi-column photo piece and interview for the Los Angeles Times all about Club 33. Since then Disney has released many print stories (and even TV snippets) about Club 33. The most recent was an issue of the "Disney Insider" that went out to Annual Passholders and others just last year.

But back to discounts...Cast Members don't even get their usual dining discount or their usual merchandise discount on Club 33 merchandise. No hotel or any other merchandise delivery service either. It's full retail, cash & carry for all up there.

:)

RStar
07-21-2006, 05:55 AM
It's full retail, cash & carry for all up there.

For all? I wish! I'd love a chance to eat just once there!

mystycalchyk
07-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Who's rule is that? I talk about Club 33 all the time...encouraged to do so by Club and Disneyland management on several occasions. :)

It's a 'Fight Club' reference. ;)

"The first rule of Fight Club, we dont talk about Fight Club"

No discounts but we sure dropped a grand in there quickly. *dreamy sigh*
I am trying to talk my boss into buying a corp membership. He's a disney geek enough to have a DVC membership so there's a chance........ :D

wishIwasthe_Mouse
07-21-2006, 07:07 AM
I took the walk in walts footsteps tour (great tour actualy). we were aloud admitance into the lobby of Club 33 it was cool. One day i swear i will eat there. one day....... I hope :)

Opus1guy
07-21-2006, 10:24 AM
For all? I wish! I'd love a chance to eat just once there!

Of course, I meant "for all" that were fortunate enough to be able to visit. :)

Frogberto
07-21-2006, 03:30 PM

Well, so do I, but you do have to be careful. I received a letter reminding me of the terms of the contract when offering on this very board to have people dine with me at the Club.

We did have a large group of people from Mouseplanet, many of whom had never been to the Club, a couple of weeks ago on July 8th, and so obviously it wasn't that much of a problem.

I was making a fight club reference to be funny, and, in general, it's a good idea not to take my posts too seriously. If a post can be taken two ways, I usually mean the less reverent way.

RStar
07-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Of course, I meant "for all" that were fortunate enough to be able to visit. :)
Oh.......

And not to mention rich enough;) .....

Opus1guy
07-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Oh.......

And not to mention rich enough;) .....

Oh...you don't have to be rich to dine at the Club. You only need to know a Member that will take you or make a reservation for you. You could even be fairly poor. Especially if someone else is picking up the tab! ;)

mckygirl99
07-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks! I figured I would just check. The member who is getting us in has been a member since 1978. We just gave him 5 possible dates and he is calling to see what is open. I can't wait! I really don't care what it costs but there is nothing wrong with asking!

mystycalchyk
07-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks! I figured I would just check. The member who is getting us in has been a member since 1978. We just gave him 5 possible dates and he is calling to see what is open. I can't wait! I really don't care what it costs but there is nothing wrong with asking!

You're absolutely right! Nothing at all wrong with asking :) Congrats on getting in, I know it was an amazing experience for me and my husband when we went. Funny thing, for us, at the time we weren't passholders, so the fact that we got an extra days free entry into the park made the whole thing almost free (as far as the dinner went....we wont discuss the cass we dropped on 'stuff other than food')