PDA

View Full Version : Stale candy line

tod
07-20-2006, 02:30 PM
So I call the Candy Line at 714 781 0112 and the recorded voice says "Here's the menu for Saturday June 11th to Sunday June 17th." I figure okay, she slipped, said "June" instead of "July," no big....

But isn't July 17 a Monday?

Anybody know what gives at the Candy Kitchen? I can't just go there every day hoping they made English toffee...

--t

MeelaneMouse
07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Whoa!!! I didn't know this # existed! Yes, they had better update this, because now I can call to find out when they are going to make candy canes!..... yes, and the amazing English Toffee! World's Best!

miss bianca
07-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks for telling us about the # (hope they update it soon).

Any other interesting Disney #'s anyone have?

I Heart Disneyland!
07-20-2006, 09:43 PM
I can't just go there every day hoping they made English toffee...

--t

Why not? And, why not pick some up for us too while you're there! ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
07-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Any other interesting Disney #'s anyone have?

One of my favs (since I live in Seattle) is:
DelivEARS : (800) 362-4533

You can order park merchandise that you forgot to buy while there. :) And, I have an AP and can use the discount calling there too. :)

cstephens
07-20-2006, 10:28 PM
OK, so in seeing the thread title, I was wondering where exactly the queue was forming to buy stale candy at Disneyland...

darph nader
07-20-2006, 11:27 PM
OK, so in seeing the thread title, I was wondering where exactly the queue was forming to buy stale candy at Disneyland...

ME TOO.I love stale candy. Especially when it's out of date. (cheaper).:eek:

man i need to get some sleep:D

disneyrox
07-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Tod, I just had my first DL english toffee back in June. Actually, DH bought it and he's lucky he got half the package. :fez: The second package, he only got about 2 pieces of - I ate the rest. :p Wonderful stuff!

tod
07-21-2006, 11:04 AM

Why not? And, why not pick some up for us too while you're there! ;)

Why not? Gas is three [dirty word] dollars a gallon, that's why not! :eek:

And it wouldn't ship well anyways.

--t

Alex S.
07-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Definitely not being updated as it is still the same June 11-17 schedule as of today. I don't know what is up but I'll mention it in the Park Update tomorrow which may get some information about it.

AVP
07-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Whoa!!! I didn't know this # existed! Yes, they had better update this, because now I can call to find out when they are going to make candy canes!..... Don't count on it. Disneyland decided not to stick to their "every Friday starting the day after Thanksgiving" schedule for candy canes last year, and the recording was wrong nearly every single week. I was always a day early or a day late, and never did get one!

AVP

tod
07-23-2006, 09:50 PM

Why not? And, why not pick some up for us too while you're there!

Tell ya what...

I'll not only get some English toffee for you, I'll eat it for you too. How's that? ;)

--t

tod
08-06-2006, 08:55 PM
The candy line is working again, and they will be making English toffee on Friday.

Woo hoo!

--t

wardkimballfan
08-06-2006, 09:35 PM
So where do I stand in line for stale candy? Anywhere near the moldy bread bakery or the used tortilla factory in DCA?

I Heart Disneyland!
08-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Why not? Gas is three [dirty word] dollars a gallon, that's why not! :eek:

And it wouldn't ship well anyways.

--t

Oh fine then! :) I already have someone on it that is at DL this week. :) :) Yippee!! I have my DL candy connections. ha!

I Heart Disneyland!
08-06-2006, 10:33 PM
The candy line is working again, and they will be making English toffee on Friday.

Woo hoo!

--t

They made it yesterday too, Ruthie asked me to tell you, but, I was gone from the computer all day and couldn't deliver the message. Sorry Tod!!