PDA

View Full Version : September. Oh my!

barely
07-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow! Off to Disneyland in only 48 days! The tickets have arrived, we're booked at HoJo's and we have PS at the Blue Bayou. Where did the time go? Our last trip was in 1996. Now we're going with our five year old and I can't wait! Any advice for a couple of practically newbies? Any and all input will be much appreciated...WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!:)

infinite
07-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh you reminded me...we need to book priority seating! We will be there in September, as well :)

Advice....hmm, don't forget to notice the landscape! (flowers and greenery), take a lot of photos, and have fun!

Oh and get any ears or hats early, so you are wearing them in all the photos you are going to take...because I told you to ;)

rentayenta
07-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Yay you!!! Have a magical trip!

hlbtimes2
07-20-2006, 12:45 PM
The basics: use early entry to fantasyland. Try to avoid "crowd mentality"- dont follow, go the opposite direction, the lines will be shorter. Rides in the morning. Shop in the afternoon, then take a break at the hotel. Entertainment- F!, fireworks, ELP in the evening. Eat at off times to avoid lines. Use fastpass! And most of all remember to enjoy yourselves!

Susan L
07-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Have a wonderful :cool: time.

daisydog
07-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Yay!!! How long will your trip be?

Definitely take a camera. We went last Dec. and I didn't want to be bothered with carrying around a camera all day. Big mistake!

If you have early entry, use it. The lines for rides in Fantasyland seem to long all day long.

Read Darkbeer's tips for using Fastpass -- it's a great thing.

The Parade of Dreams and Remember Fireworks are a must see, IMO.

Rainforest Cafe would be fun for your child.

daisydog
07-20-2006, 02:07 PM
You know what's really cool, is that your child will only be 55 when Disneyland has it's 100th anniversary. Can you imagine how huge that anniv. celebration will be?!!

I'd get as many special souveniors and photos as you can so your child can have memories of being there for the 50th when he or she is older.

disneyochem
07-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Have fun! Is your daughter into the Princesses? If so, take advantage of all the princess activities: Princess Meal at Ariel's Grotto, princess storytime, meet and greet princesses by the castle.....

four4disney
07-20-2006, 07:44 PM
We'll be there in 50 more days! Did you plan/buy your trip from the Disneyland resort site [Walt Disney Travel Co.]? We haven't received our tickets so I was just wondering.

Have a great trip and perhaps we'll run into each other...we have a 4 year old and 1 year old so we'll be spending our time in Fantasyland!

Happy travel!

cfitz/pirates
07-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Dont forget to get an autograph book and if your daughter is like mine she loves the penny presses you can also get a book to keep them in also. Have a great trip.:)

darph nader
07-21-2006, 11:02 AM
My only thouhgt is get there early so your 5yr old can get acclimated to standing in line(s).;) Have a GREAT time.

ps,my 3yr old g-son is going to D/L for the first time in Sept also.

barely
07-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions (please keep 'em coming!). We'll be at Disneyland (one day at DCA) September 9-13th. I guess I miscounted by a couple of days. My five year old probably won't be too into the princesses, but I know he'll be looking for Peter Pan and Hook for sure! Our trip was booked independently by me and we bought our tickets through Disney.com. HoJo was 109.00 per night, premium room. I really do appreciate all of your suggestions and I will be taking them to the park with me. I just know this trip is going to be something special! :)

barely
07-22-2006, 02:18 PM
107 degrees in Santa Rosa (1 hour north of San Francisco) today...how's Anaheim?

barely
07-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up re Disneyland's 100th anniversary! I never even thought about my little guy being 55 years old at that time. I'll be sure to get lots of souvenirs for the 50th to put aside for him! Thanks again!

Geneva
07-26-2006, 06:34 PM
My biggest recommendation would be to use RideMax beforehand. It's a great program you can get from a website (look it up on Yahoo or something). It costs a little bit, but it made my trip last year SO much better. Plus, it's really fun to mess with before hand and helps you get excited for the trip! Not like you probably need help getting more excited, right? :p

Tinkermommy
07-26-2006, 08:46 PM
One thing to consider is giving your little one a disposable camera. We did that the first time we took our little girl to Disneyland (she was also 5) and the results were hilarious. Even today I love looking at the pictures she took; her perspective is SO different from what mine would have been!

Just a thought!

Candy Chase
07-27-2006, 01:40 PM
You might want to reconsider the trip to the Blue Bayou. It was always been a must visit on all of our previous trips. But, after our trip last weekend, we will be dining elsewhere. :crying: We had to wait 45 minutes to be seated and that was 45 minutes after our reservation time. The food was not up to their usual standards, even with their new kitchen. My husband sent back the Tesora Island Chicken, he said it tasted like a sour dish rag smells. I had the prime rib and it was a bit too salty for my taste. He did say that the Monte Cristo was as good as ever. The childrens menu is not as good as it used to be. No corn dogs, no chicken nuggets, no Mickey shaped jello. My six year old niece ordered the marinara chicken legs with rice noodles....very, very messy!! The Cinderella gown will never be the same. :eek: The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat dessert was great and enough for the four of us to share. The resturant is as beautiful as ever, but they should consider going back to their old menu....we miss the killer calamari!

annieb727
07-27-2006, 04:07 PM
You might want to reconsider the trip to the Blue Bayou. It was always been a must visit on all of our previous trips. But, after our trip last weekend, we will be dining elsewhere. :crying: We had to wait 45 minutes to be seated and that was 45 minutes after our reservation time. The food was not up to their usual standards, even with their new kitchen. My husband sent back the Tesora Island Chicken, he said it tasted like a sour dish rag smells. I had the prime rib and it was a bit too salty for my taste. He did say that the Monte Cristo was as good as ever. The childrens menu is not as good as it used to be. No corn dogs, no chicken nuggets, no Mickey shaped jello. My six year old niece ordered the marinara chicken legs with rice noodles....very, very messy!! The Cinderella gown will never be the same. :eek: The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat dessert was great and enough for the four of us to share. The resturant is as beautiful as ever, but they should consider going back to their old menu....we miss the killer calamari!

you should consider writing a review for the User Reviews section of this site - http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrbayou

I always check it out before a trip - and that's good stuff to know!