PDA

View Full Version : AP pictures

Nancy
07-20-2006, 09:56 AM
As I have always renewed our passes on line or snail mail, I was wondering if I could update the kids pictures on their passes at the park. Does this have an additional charge? They have changed quite a bit but we are never questioned when we use the passes. It's mostly for them. They say they aren't babies anymore.

yellowrosedtxn
07-20-2006, 09:59 AM
I renewed my PAP at Disneyland this year (in line) and they asked me if I wanted to take a new picture. I didn't, but the offer was there. I am thinking that you would be able to go there and they will update the pictures for "free" (or with the price of the AP).

Also, if I were you, I would go FIRST thing when the park opens to get the passes done. When I went, there was no line. I was able to just walk in and get it done within 5 minutes.

Malcon10t
07-20-2006, 10:06 AM
As I have always renewed our passes on line or snail mail, I was wondering if I could update the kids pictures on their passes at the park. Does this have an additional charge? They have changed quite a bit but we are never questioned when we use the passes. It's mostly for them. They say they aren't babies anymore.My son's pic was from when he was 10 years old. He was 16 when they finally let him update his pic. He had changed enough then. It won't hurt to ask though. He kept asking cause he hated looking 10.

Tinkermommy
07-20-2006, 11:13 AM
If you want the "special" passes, though, you might want to stick with the old picture for now. I don't think you can get them in the park -- only if you renew by mail or online using the old picture. I could be wrong, but if it's important to you, you might want to check first.

Just got my brand-spanking-new Mickey pass in the mail yesterday -- YAY!

katiesue
07-20-2006, 11:58 AM
We just did this last month. My daughters photo was from when she was 5, now she's 10. No charge but you can't get the special passes only the one offered in the park. It was absolutely no hassle at all - they took a new photo, gave us the new pass and kept the old one.

infinite
07-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Would they let you keep the old pass as a momento? I don't know if I can give up that picture of a little 5 year old (just turned 5, even) looking up into the camera...I just can't give it up, and I won't.

They can destroy my old photo as far as I am concerned...ha ha ha

katiesue
07-20-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't know if you can keep it or not, they took ours.

I have four more expired ones with the same photo .

MammaSilva
07-20-2006, 01:43 PM
IF keeping the original is important, then just cough up the replacement cost....now I might get rotten tomatoes thrown my way for suggesting it, but if I had one of those terrific "by mail renewal only" passes I'd hate to trade that for the everyone has one just like it passes....and IF it had my babies pic on it at age 4 or 5, I'd pay the 20 bucks to be able to keep it in my scrapbook and get them the generic one to use for the year then when you renew again by mail their AP will have the latest pic on file.

Goosegirl
07-20-2006, 02:00 PM
How are the by-mail passes special?

infinite
07-20-2006, 02:05 PM
IF keeping the original is important, then just cough up the replacement cost....now I might get rotten tomatoes thrown my way for suggesting it, but if I had one of those terrific "by mail renewal only" passes I'd hate to trade that for the everyone has one just like it passes....and IF it had my babies pic on it at age 4 or 5, I'd pay the 20 bucks to be able to keep it in my scrapbook and get them the generic one to use for the year then when you renew again by mail their AP will have the latest pic on file.

Ah! Good idea! I didn't even think of that.

Thanks. :)

SneakyStella
07-20-2006, 06:03 PM
How are the by-mail passes special?

You can only get them by mail renewal and they are much cuter than the standard ones issued at the park. They have Mickey on them infront of the castle. I believe last year was Tinkerbell. Somewhere there is a thread that has pictures of them. I was looking forward to getting them when our passes were renewed. They expired in May... the same month I spent in the hospital with my son :( The day after we got home I called Disneyland to see if I could still send in the form with full payment (you usually get a $20. discount with mail-in renewal) and still get the special card. No such luck! I kept calling different numbers hoping I'd get someone to say yes but it never happened. Made me want to cry!

Nancy
08-21-2006, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=MammaSilva]..... I'd pay the 20 bucks to be able to keep it in my scrapbook and get them the generic one to use for the year then when you renew again by mail their AP will have the latest pic on file.[/QUOTE=]

What exactly is on the generic passes from the park? Do they at least have a cute picture on them or are they a solid color?

carolyn
08-21-2006, 06:25 PM
What exactly is on the generic passes from the park? Do they at least have a cute picture on them or are they a solid color?

They look exactly like a regular ticket - blue with the castle.

My son's AP picture is from when he was 4. It's so precious I would never give it up either!

RStar
08-21-2006, 08:11 PM
If you want new pictures before the pass expires, they will charge you the $20 replacement.

It sounds like you are renwing, so I'd go to the park and renew with new pictures. it's free and you'll get to keep the old ones.

carolyn
08-22-2006, 06:22 AM
How about this idea? Pay the $20 and get a replacement just before your pass expires. Then you can get a new picture, keep your old pass, still renew by mail to get the special pass, and you're only stuck with the generic pass for a few weeks. I think that's what I'll do.

Nancy
08-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Do they ever make you change your picture? I have seen the CM's take a double take at my son but never say anything.

Malcon10t
08-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Do they ever make you change your picture? I have seen the CM's take a double take at my son but never say anything.My son's pic was from when he was 9 or 10. When he was 16, they looked at him and said "I think you finally need a new pic!" so we were able to get it. Before then, they kept telling us it would be $20 to replace the pic.