PDA

View Full Version : AP question [expiration & renewal]

Nancy
07-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Does anyone know how long after (or if at all) your AP expires you can renew? If it expired in May, could you still send in your renewal in June?(Snail mail) I know it doesn't seem worth it because you would be losing a month's worth of trips to the park.

stan4d_steph
07-20-2006, 05:03 AM
After your AP expires, it would just be like you're getting a new AP. You wouldn't get any renewal benefits like money off the purchase.

Darkbeer
07-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Here is the current info regarding either renewing, or just getting a new AP....

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48609

Nancy
07-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Here is the current info regarding either renewing, or just getting a new AP....

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48609

Thanks Darkbeer, I forwarded your info to my expired (but not DEAD) friend!!

lauramaynot
07-20-2006, 09:50 AM
We just renewed our aps after about a 6 month hiatus (since we knew we weren't going until end of summer/fall). Like other posters said there was not a discount. But I was surprized to find out that all of our info was still in the computers and we were able to pick up already printed passes in DCA. We did update the kids pictures on main street since my youngest has changed alot since our first pics but it was very easy and fast.

miss bianca
07-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Okay I need help figuring this one out!

We currently have Socal Select Ap's that expire Sept 14th. Yet we are going July 30 and 31st and both days are blocked for Socal Ap's. Is there anyway to renew our AP now and upgrade it to a Deluxe which is not blocked those days so we don't have to pay $60 for going those days?

We will not be going after July 30/31 again until October - so I don't want to just upgrade it now and then renew in October.

Any thoughts??

Darkbeer
07-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Okay I need help figuring this one out!

We currently have Socal Select Ap's that expire Sept 14th. Yet we are going July 30 and 31st and both days are blocked for Socal Ap's. Is there anyway to renew our AP now and upgrade it to a Deluxe which is not blocked those days so we don't have to pay $60 for going those days?

We will not be going after July 30/31 again until October - so I don't want to just upgrade it now and then renew in October.

Any thoughts??

You can't renew until August 14th (30 days prior), so you are pretty much out of luck.

Looks like you need to pay the $60 in July, then get a new AP in October (Don't renew, as SoCal AP's get NO discount), so just wait until you arrive in October, in fact, your first day in October could be a blockout day, as the first day of an AP is never blocked out.

Petersgj
07-24-2006, 05:08 PM
You can't renew until August 14th (30 days prior), so you are pretty much out of luck.

Looks like you need to pay the $60 in July, then get a new AP in October (Don't renew, as SoCal AP's get NO discount), so just wait until you arrive in October, in fact, your first day in October could be a blockout day, as the first day of an AP is never blocked out.

Can't they just forget about the old pass and start a new pass now? For a few months, they will have two active passes so maybe that is not acceptable. It seems strange that they wouldn't be able to start fresh with a new pass as long as the new expiration started with the new pass and not as an extension to the old pass.

miss bianca
07-24-2006, 05:08 PM
thanks Darkbeer - that's what I feared!

Petersgj - not a bad idea, but then I lose 1.5 months on my pass - I don't know if that really worth $60.00.

Anyone know if you can have 2 AP's at once?

Malcon10t
07-24-2006, 05:12 PM
thanks Darkbeer - that's what I feared!

Petersgj - not a bad idea, but then I lose 1.5 months on my pass - I don't know if that really worth $60.00.

Anyone know if you can have 2 AP's at once?
Yep, you can. We held a deluxe and a PAP between April and July. (Long story on why...)

Frogberto
07-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Since the first day of a pass is never blocked out, and the post said that they intended to upgrade their pass, couldn't they just pay the upgrade, and then still get in on one of those days? That might save $30 each, at least...

miss bianca
07-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Since the first day of a pass is never blocked out, and the post said that they intended to upgrade their pass, couldn't they just pay the upgrade, and then still get in on one of those days? That might save $30 each, at least...

Frogberto - But if I just upgrade it won't it still expire in September? And don't I have to pay the entire difference of $100 to upgrade to from the Socal Select to the Deluxe? And can you get us reservations on Sunday for Club 33? (just kidding on the last part:) )

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
07-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Frogberto - But if I just upgrade it won't it still expire in September? And don't I have to pay the entire difference of $100 to upgrade to from the Socal Select to the Deluxe? And can you get us reservations on Sunday for Club 33? (just kidding on the last part:) )

yes. it will.
yes. (waste of $)
ask him, but highly unlikely unless you are a VIP or super duper important to Disney for some reason (other than we are ALL important people to somebody, hopefully).