PDA

View Full Version : Best cheap hotels?

Pages : [1] 2

Brown67
07-19-2006, 05:18 PM
When we go to Disneyland next May we want a hotel to sleep in not hang out in? What are your favorite cheap hotels? It must be clean though. We will have 5 people. Two adults and 3 kids.

Pirate Lover
07-19-2006, 05:27 PM
When we go to Disneyland next May we want a hotel to sleep in not hang out in? What are your favorite cheap hotels? It must be clean though. We will have 5 people. Two adults and 3 kids.

If you're looking mainly for a cheap hotel, the Park Vue (Now the Camelot) is pretty good for the price. My family of six stayed there last September, and will this coming Sept. It's right across the street from Disneyland, and comes with a continental breakfast. It isn't by any means a high end hotel, but it's clean and the rooms are pretty large for the price (we got a connected two part room for both our trips, and it fit six people really nicely.) Also, you may want to look on sites like Expedia to compare hotels/prices; they have quite a few first hand reviews of hotels in that area. Hope this helps!

Shadowcat
07-19-2006, 06:00 PM
We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn (2 adults, a 5 year old and a 2 year old) and had a great time. Using our Entertainment Book, we got a family suite for $20 cheaper per night then their cheapest rate, and $50 cheaper per night than their Expedia rate.

annieb727
07-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Hey there....I really liked the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. If you get their cheap rate, it's about $60/night...it's not right across the street, it's down one traffic light from the main cross walk. www.anaheimplazahotel.com

Also, we've stayed at the Desert Inn & Suites and we liked it...we too were only in the hotel to sleep. For a basic room with two beds it was about $60-70/night. This is one that is really close to the main DL crosswalk. www.anaheimdesertinn.com

Malcon10t
07-19-2006, 07:12 PM
If you're looking mainly for a cheap hotel, the Park Vue (Now the Camelot) is pretty good for the price. My family of six stayed there last September, and will this coming Sept. It's right across the street from Disneyland, and comes with a continental breakfast. It isn't by any means a high end hotel, but it's clean and the rooms are pretty large for the price (we got a connected two part room for both our trips, and it fit six people really nicely.) Also, you may want to look on sites like Expedia to compare hotels/prices; they have quite a few first hand reviews of hotels in that area. Hope this helps!
The Park Inn became the Camelot (not to be confused with the Park Vue or Park Place Inn). My favorites? Hilton, Camelot and Carousel. I don't like Del Sol and Anaheim Plaza.

Pirate Lover
07-19-2006, 07:16 PM
The Park Inn became the Camelot (not to be confused with the Park Vue or Park Place Inn). My favorites? Hilton, Camelot and Carousel. I don't like Del Sol and Anaheim Plaza.

Not to appear rude, but we called the number of the Park Vue (which we stayed at last time) and they clearly told us that they had changed their name to Camelot. In addition, on all the travel sites you can still get reservations to the Park Inn and Park Place Inn, but can not longer get reservations to the 'Park Vue' because it is now the Camelot. Hope that helps! :)

rentayenta
07-19-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't know how cheap it is anymore, although sometimes you can still nab a $49 Entertainment Card rate, but I like the HoJo. Rooms are clean and the customer service is excellent.

Malcon10t
07-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Just to check out some of the close cheap hotels, here are some links:

http://www.carouselinnandsuites.com (Carousel Inn)
http://www.anaheimdesertinn.com (Desert Inn and Suites)
http://www.hojoanaheim.com (Hojos)
http://www.parkinn-anaheim.com/ (Camelot Inn/formerly Park Inn)
http://www.parkvueinn.com (Park Vue Inn)
http://www.anaheimplazahotel.com (Anaheim Plaza)
http://www.anabellahotel.com (The Anabella)

Pirate Lover
07-19-2006, 07:47 PM
http://www.parkinn-anaheim.com/ (Camelot Inn/formerly Park Inn)
http://www.parkvueinn.com (Park Vue Inn)

Ah, whoops, my bad... (got the names confused :) )

Loomis
07-19-2006, 07:56 PM
I've stayed at both the HoJo and the Radisson Maingate.

The HoJo is just so cosy, and right across the road from the gate. The rooms were quite large, and if you have the second floor of a lodge, then you get a fantastic skylight. Will fit up to five or six people I reckon, with two double beds and another spare in the cupboard. Separate sink outside the bathroom means that shaving etc is possible even if the bathroom is occupied (a big advantage when several people are travelling). I think HoJo is ideal for what you're wanting, but then again, I think it is ideal regardless. I'll be staying there on my next trip.

The Radisson Maingate is a little bit further down the block, but still convenient. Say a 7 minute walk instead of a 3 minute walk. The other great thing about the RM is that sometimes they offer a deal that allows you X amount of credit at their restaurant, which saved us $100 US. More of a hotel-style, as opposed to HoJo's motel atmosphere, but there are still 2 x double beds in most rooms.

Both hotels are 'good neighbours' as well.

nvmom
07-19-2006, 08:45 PM
We were also very happy at the Camelot (formerly Park Inn Anaheim.) We had a two room suite. 2 queen in one room... then another queen plus pull-out soft in the other room. Seperate bathroom counter outside of tub/toilet room. Not fancy, but clean & roomy.

Theresa

diznydreamr
07-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Brown,
I'm with you, our hotel is for sleeping. As long as it's clean it doesn't have to be fancy. We have stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn 3 times, and we really like it. It is located right across from the Main entrance,they have a nice little pool,and you get a free continental breakfast each morning.
I have always got the best price by calling the hotel directly (714) 776-4800.
Good luck!

Hoppypooh
07-20-2006, 07:51 AM
I think HoJo is ideal for what you're wanting, but then again, I think it is ideal regardless. I'll be staying there on my next trip.

I second that. The HoJo is S-U-P-E-R!

DangerMouse
07-20-2006, 07:56 AM
I second that. The HoJo is S-U-P-E-R!

The motion is carried. HoJo wins! Especially if you get the $49 entertainment rate and reserve your room through Willie. He's the best!

wvnative
07-20-2006, 07:57 AM
I've only been to Dl twice (shocking... I know... lol). The first time we stayed at what was the "Saga Inn" I think. It was terrible. Then we stayed at one just across I5 and it was o.k., but a bit noisy. I think it was a Ramada. I've booked the Anaheim Plaza Hotel for our Oct trip. It got decent reviews on Expedia and looks like it's not too far of a walk. It was listed at $120/nt on Expedia , but ended up getting it for about $60/nt through their website which I believe someone posted a link for. I have some friends coming in from Australia in Oct as well and they opted for Desert Inn. It was a toss up for us, but the Anaheim Plaza came in at a better rate.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
07-20-2006, 08:02 AM
We like the Castle Inn actually, for largish families they've got some really big rooms.

hlbtimes2
07-20-2006, 08:11 AM
We really like the candy cane, but I dont know how it would be with 5 people. The rooms are a bit small.

DianeM
07-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Check out getawaytoday.com. I was amazed at how cheap the prices were. Keep in mind that the prices include a 3 day parkhoppe. We settled on the Del Sol. I stayed there once before, and didn't have any problems - it is very cheap, in prices as well as ambiance, but it's close to the park and clean, although I wasn't impressed with the pool or hot tub. Some people have complained about noise coming through walls, but I didn't notice anything. Parking is a challenge, but they can let you park at Denny's overnight if they are out of spaces.

rosie
07-20-2006, 04:01 PM
What about a cheap(ish) hotel with room service? It's the only thing I really like to have. In the end, I'll probably use Priceline but suggestions are welcome!
Thanks

disneyperson
07-20-2006, 04:08 PM
The Hojos is nice,but I think it is too far of a walk. If you stay there ,be sure to ask for a room that away from the feeway. The noise from the freeway is really annoying.(and this is coming from someone who's deaf in one ear)

Malcon10t
07-20-2006, 04:14 PM
What about a cheap(ish) hotel with room service? It's the only thing I really like to have. In the end, I'll probably use Priceline but suggestions are welcome!
Thanks
Anabella Hotel has room service. Hilton isn't too bad if you get a deal on the room.

doombuggy driver
07-20-2006, 05:44 PM
I am not sure about 5 people, but the Candy Cane Inn is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. It is the #1 hotel in anaheim (according to trip advisor) and the rooms are around $99 a night. They have a great continetal breakfast and a free shuttle that runs every half hour back and forth to DL.
Hope this helps.

AngelBear
07-20-2006, 08:46 PM
We love the Carousel. We've tried quite a few and it's our favorite. It's pretty much as close to the park entrance as you can get, they've always been very clean, very friendly, and there are some great views from the balconies, breakfast room, and roof-top pool.

As for room service, Park Inn & Suites (Camelot) has room service from Millie's Restaurant nearby. Never stayed there though, or eaten at Millie's, so I can't offer any advice on it. It's very close to the pedestrian entrance to Disneyland too.

littlebugg
07-20-2006, 09:51 PM
We stayed at the Camelot Inn in May, plenty of pros, a few cons as well. As mentioned, the Camelot offers room service from Millies, and while we did not get it delivered we did eat there and we thought it was good. Like Ihop or Dennys but a little better IMO. Didn't have lunch or Dinner though so I can't say.

I would like to mention that the Camelot was great for location. We were less than a 10 min walk to the turnstiles, and that's at a slow pace. Closer than Hojo's which was about half a block further. You can see the Matterhorn and fireworks from nearly every room and can hear the announcements and the train whistle and bell. It's really close to the parks. The rooms were HUGE, we had a suite, w/one king bed, two queens, and a pullout queen, 2 tvs, table with 4 chairs etc.
Extremely quiet, and clean with exceptional housekeeping. Lots of free parking with security at night on grounds.

The bad was the beds were hard; new, but really firm, however I slept very soundly. The pool is small and shallow, but it is ideal for the younger crowd. My 8 yr old could stand up all the way around. There is a hot tub, it is small, but sufficient. The free breakfast is def. lacking but its free so who can complain. And lastly the front desk service isn't great, but checkin was easy and quick, and were young and weirdos anyways so I'm glad they weren't too snooty.

I would check out trip advisor and expedia, they have tons of info. If I were you I would make a list of what is important to you, and go from there, it can be SO overwhelming! Hope this helped some. Have A Great Trip!!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I put my vote on HoJo. We stay there every trip! We are really happy with it!