PDA

View Full Version : Dining for group of 40.

sajack
07-19-2006, 06:04 AM
Hi, I'd like to hear some opinions on a fun place to eat with a group of 40. Some have never been to the park and some are pass holders. We just want to make sure it's fun. It can either be in the park or one of the hotels.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

MammaSilva
07-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Hi, I'd like to hear some opinions on a fun place to eat with a group of 40. Some have never been to the park and some are pass holders. We just want to make sure it's fun. It can either be in the park or one of the hotels.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

with a group that large you need to make some decisions...if you're looking for sit down table service inside the park is going to be difficult if not totally impossible, since as of yesterday I was told the max PS is for 8. I do know of other large groups that had several people call and basically make several PS's within minutes of each other so that their large group...around 30 people, were all in the same restaurant but obviously not at "one" table. With a group that large if you go to Storytellers they can accomodate a large group but they're going to expect you to all eat off of the buffett menu as opposed to having a choice....that happened to yet another group of friends/aquaintances in the last couple years.

If you're looking for a character experience I'd say Goofys Kitchen might be your best solution. If you want sit down conversation type meal, then storytellers....but I'm sure other padders will chime in soon.

dlandnut
07-19-2006, 07:36 AM
There were 23 of us that met last year and we all met at Red Rocket's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. It's "cafeteria style" but you have plenty of variety, i.e., pizza, salads, pasta, etc., and plenty of tables to attempt to sit together. Plus, the portions are huge, so those with smaller appetites can share. :)

cyberRoo
07-19-2006, 08:19 AM
For that size of a group, you could also make arrangements with one of the Downtown Disney restaurants. Most have private or semi-private areas and can work with you on your budget. Naples and Tortilla Jo's are probably the least expensive, and Naples has a nice upstairs terrace.

If you don't want to deal with making the arrangements in advance, I'd suggest a buffet. If you try to do a table service restaurant with a group that size, you'll have a very difficult time getting tables together, but less getting your food at the same time...

Wendi
07-19-2006, 08:29 AM
We made a large party reservation at Storyteller's Cafe in the past for a Birthday Party - I think we had 11 families that time. They can't do a normal PS, so you have to talk to the manager of the restaurant to make arrangements. They set up a special menu for us and worked within our price range to make it work perfectly for our needs. It was fantastic.

charpaul
07-19-2006, 11:05 AM
I have gone with large groups before - (I think 30 was our largest though..:D ) and I have three recommendations for you:

1) Choose a cafeteria style place somewhere in the park (Rancho Del Zocalo - Plaza Inn - Pizza Port etc.) and have part of your group secure tables while the rest of your group gets their food - this will allow everyone to eat "together" and will probably be the one that is easiest to do.

2) Choose a 'sit down" restaurant in somewhere in the DLR and make a priority seating reservation. I know that they do not like to do this for groups over 8 - so you will need to talk to the manager or the place WELL AHEAD OF TIME to make this arrangement. Storytellers - Hooks Point - Tratorria & Ariel’s Grotto (character dining!) have all worked with my large group in the past. Just make sure you do this well in advance of your planned event. It is also helpful to "check in" with the place a day or two before the event AND on the day of the event to make sure that everything is still in place...

3) Choose a place in Downtown Disney or OFF the resort property that will more easily accommodate your large group. Again - talk with the manager and set this up ahead of time. The restaurants in DTD do not always use the "priority seating" system and have their own reservation system in place.
Mimi's Cafe - off property - has also worked with my large group in the past and has allowed us to make a reservation for 25 or so with no problem....

Hope you and your group have a good day at Disney!

rentayenta
07-19-2006, 07:42 PM
If you or anyone in your party are staying at a Disney hotel during your stay I would go through Vacation Planning and see what they can do for your group.

disneyland addict13
07-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Some of my extended family and I went to Disneyland last summer, a group of about 30, and for most of the nights we dined seperately, but there were some nights when we wished to dine all together. So on those nights, we went to our favorite restaurant at the Disneyland Resort, Naples. They easily accomodated our large party by pushing tables together in the outside seating area of their restaurant and the service was excellent. They gave us several large pitchers of soda to keep on the table for soda refills. EXCELLENT food too! We eat there about 3 times during each of our trips and are extremely satisfied each time. Also, Naples usually hires a person to come and make balloon animals, hats, etc for the kids in the restaurant and our large party filled with LOTS of children was lucky enough to be there when he was there and he paid special attention to our table giving everyone balloon animals who wished to have them. Two thumbs up for Naples! :D