PDA

View Full Version : Lighting on "it's a small world"

daisydog
07-18-2006, 09:39 PM
We were at the park last December and IASW had some beautiful outside lighting on the building in pink and orange bulbs. Is that on year round or only for the holiday season or perhaps the 50th?

Andrew
07-18-2006, 11:25 PM
That would be "it's a small world Holiday" which appears every year (since, I believe, 1998) for two months around Christmas.

potterphreak
07-19-2006, 12:03 AM
IASWH is my favorite Christmas thing at DL!!! In fact, it's the only time I ever go on that ride because it isn't the same darn tune over and over. They weave it beautifully with Christmas carols, and the lights are just so darn gorgeous! That alone is worth a trip to DL during the Holidays!

In fact, in January I dragged my MIL along with my 2 daughters to DL a day earlier than we had originally planned because I felt she just HAD to see IASWH. Well, after seeing the outside and riding it, she said that it was worth the price of the 2 day parkhopper right then and there. Pretty special, no?!
Our APs are up in November and I think our last trip will be October so unfortunately, I think I may have ridden my last IASWH for awhile....
:-D

ttztotdca50
07-19-2006, 06:08 AM
Yeah, and it's always worth it to stick around for the lighting ceremony around 5:00 PM or something like that. It's really neat! An announcer says some spiel, counts down, and then BLAM! The whole facade is blasted with these colorful lights! It's a neat experience!