PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary Musical History of Disneyland set?

THpoohbear
07-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Does anyone have any word on whether this set will be discontinued when they take down all the 50th stuff in September? I really want a copy, but have yet to acquire one. I was hoping to wait after Christmas this year to get one, but I'm concerned Disney will not offer it anymore then.

I asked twice in DL on Mainstreet yesterday, once in Disneyana, and the ladies although kind, did not know. One highly advised me to buy it asap if I wanted it because she said Disney does not phase out merchandise, it's just quickly gone.

What do you think?

BertDSweep
07-18-2006, 12:00 PM
I have it -- it's worth every penny. There's nothing like sitting through the Tiki room in the car on the drive home to bust a stressful day!

stan4d_steph
07-18-2006, 12:26 PM
The special edition set with the vinyl record is on sale at Disney Shopping Online for $99.99. Here's a link (http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=14745&Product_Id=182205).

If you want it, I would recommend getting it very soon. When stuff goes on sale, it doesn't always last very long.

THpoohbear
07-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks Steph, I did see it on sale. I might have to figure out a way to arrange the budget for this one. :)

jazzysmom
07-18-2006, 01:05 PM
I agree it is worth every penny. I bought mine off of Overstock.com and paid $79 with free shipping.

THpoohbear
07-18-2006, 02:06 PM
I do believe it is worth every penny! I'm just wondering if I can wait a bit more to purchase it (my hubby is a stickler for keeping to the budget) or if there is danger in it disappearing soon.

Gone2Disneyland
07-18-2006, 08:25 PM
I agree it is worth every penny. I bought mine off of Overstock.com and paid $79 with free shipping.
THpoohbear, I realize how important a budget is, but if you need some good rational ;) , I can't believe how cheap $79 is for this set. Ignoring whether it comes with the vinyl record or not because chances are you're not really as interested in that, the price breaks down to either $13.17 per CD and you get a free book and cloth-bound case OR $11.29 per CD and book. Compared to paying upwards of $16.50 per CD at the $99 SRP or $21.50 per CD as I and many others paid when it first went on sale for $129 last May, the Overstock find from jazzysmom is a real find. I doubt you can easily find it for much less in the future. The only other variable buying it now is whether Overstock charges you state sales tax or not on top of shipping, which according to the link is only $1.40!

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1775972

Just my two cents :)

miss bianca
07-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up - just bought mine!

RStar
07-19-2006, 05:45 AM
Have you also considered the Disneyland 50th Anniversary 2 CD set?

Here's one on eBay:
Click Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/Walt-Disney-Disneyland-50th-Anniversary-2-DISC-CD-SET-T_W0QQitemZ330008539051QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1382QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

It's not qite the same, but perhaps a close second, and for less than $40.

Disneymademoiselle
07-19-2006, 06:39 AM
The only other variable buying it now is whether Overstock charges you state sales tax or not on top of shipping, which according to the link is only $1.40!

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1775972

Just my two cents :)

Gone2Disneyland, to the rescue, yet again!!!;)

I just bought the set on overstock.com and they didn't charge any state tax! Yippee! I did lots of research and this is the cheapest price I found. Now, the site said they only have five left, but who knows what that means:confused: I never know if it's a ploy for you to get it, or an actual fact.

Hope all works out for you, THpoohbear, so we can all be singing/humming 6-cds-worth of Disneyland tunes:)

annieb727
07-19-2006, 07:35 AM
Gone2Disneyland, to the rescue, yet again!!!;)

I just bought the set on overstock.com and they didn't charge any state tax! Yippee! I did lots of research and this is the cheapest price I found. Now, the site said they only have five left, but who knows what that means:confused: I never know if it's a ploy for you to get it, or an actual fact.

Hope all works out for you, THpoohbear, so we can all be singing/humming 6-cds-worth of Disneyland tunes:)

Must be a ploy -- i went to overstock last night and it told me there was only ONE left -- and that was around midnight :rolleyes:

Pirate Lover
07-19-2006, 08:17 AM
If you live near a Costco, you might want to check there. We got our set for $60 a few weeks back from them...

stan4d_steph
07-19-2006, 09:10 AM
If you live near a Costco, you might want to check there. We got our set for $60 a few weeks back from them...Is that the set with or without the vinyl?

THpoohbear
07-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Thanks everyone! I talked to hubby last night about it. He usually takes a while to think through things so he didn't have much response, but I'm hoping tonight he'll have more thoughts. I think I'm going to get it very soon. And thanks Gone2Disneyland! The break down in price makes it much easier for me to justify dropping $100 on myself! :p

I actually do want the vinyl record... but still, $99 is better than the $129 is was going for when it came out. In the parks they are selling it for $118, so with discount (AP or Disney visa) and lack of shipping it may come out a bit cheaper than buying it online (not including overstock).

I did break down and buy the two disc set a couple of weeks ago to tide me over until I get my hands on the 6 cd set. I love it!

Enjoy your disney music today for me... if I get the set, I'll let you know.

THpoohbear
07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Is that the set with or without the vinyl?

I was assuming it was without the vinyl. I though the only places that have the vinyl set are at the disneyresorts and on disneydirect.com.

Has anyone bought it elsewhere?

Pirate Lover
07-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Is that the set with or without the vinyl?

Without, sorry I forgot to mention that in my first post...

daisydog
07-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Amazon has the set for $89 and you can buy the vinyl separately. Together they came to a little over $108. No shipping charges.