PDA

View Full Version : July 17th - the restart of the next 50... deja vu

olegc
07-17-2006, 10:36 PM
So - today at the parks was VERY reminiscent of what some went through on July 17th, 1955...
[rant mode on]
Indiana jones - down most of the day (up and down)
Big Thunder - goes down for a while
We're in line for Matterhorn - goes down
Various reports of up and down ..
It was MUCH more crowded today than yesterday
AND - the piece de resistance... Cafe Orleans and their technical difficulties..
PSA for 1:30.. No -how about 2pm. Well, now between 2:30 and 3pm. Are you sure I ask? well, know, we don't know for sure. but that's what they tell us... I finally gave up and gave my psa to my Arizona friends. we settled for Zocolo.
Birthday cake for a sweet 16 at 4 - of course too full since we ate lunch late because our PSA got moved. The heat/humidity did not help.

Who came back at 8pm only to be told there was no PSA. It was in the computer - but they did not have the card. ...
they found it - it was under the box of cards that they did not ever pick up to look. Apologizing profusely but would not provide any additional discounts, benefits, or even a free dessert.

I felt like I had experienced an entire day of frustrations in 5 hours. yikes!

That line at City Hall looked mighty tempting...
if so many changes happen together at one time things are bound to go wrong. I guess they feel they have you captive in the park - so sorry about that. I almost demanded to have my PSA moved to Blue Bayou immediately - then I remembered the prices...
[rant mode off]

Andrew
07-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah, what was the deal with "technical difficulties" at the Cafe O? We had a PS for 1:10 PM, were told the place was closed and might re-open at 2:00. At 1:45 I checked back and was told "2:30, maybe 3:00" so we gave up and had lunch at the River Belle (hi Rstar!).

I was really looking forward to the three-cheese Monte and pomme frites.

olegc
07-18-2006, 10:47 AM
we later joked that they failed an inspection... but then thought it might be true!