PDA

View Full Version : Hook's Pointe Disabled Parking

Maus
07-17-2006, 06:19 PM
I've never taken my husband to Hook's Pointe before. When we go to Storyteller's we use valet parking at GCH. Should we valet at DL Hotel or park at Downtown Disney? Which would be closer to wheel him to the restaurant?

AVP
07-18-2006, 07:11 AM
The Disneyland Hotel parking lot has a short-term registration lot that also has a half-dozen blue spaces. You could park there, or do valet, and either of those would be slightly closer than the Downtown Disney lot, but not so much closer that it's worth the parking fee. I'd do Downtown Disney myself.

FYI, Hook's Pointe is on the upper level of a 2-story structure, and they have one of those "add-on" lifts (like the Tiki Room lift) at the front to provide access to the restaurant. It's a small space, and the one time we ate there while Tony was using a wheelchair we had him transfer to a booth because there wasn't much room for his chair.

AVP

Maus
07-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Thanks, Adrienne. There will be eight of us so I doubt we'll be in a booth. They know we'll have the wheelchair so I hope they make adjustments.

The one thing I recall seeing there is a family restroom. Do you remember if that's true?

AVP
07-19-2006, 08:03 AM
The one thing I recall seeing there is a family restroom. Do you remember if that's true?I don't remember that at all, but I'll call someone who will and let you know.

AVP

Darkbeer
07-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Another option to park is the lot for the Fairy Tale Weddings and the DVC demo house. The entrance is directly opposite of the GCH entrance. After getting your parking ticket, when you enter the traffic circle, go about 180 degrees and then turn right (second right), the handicapped spaces are right beside the Bonita Tower. You can either go thru the hotel lobby, or just use the sidewalk to the east of the hotel.

Here is a marked map, that says it is .09 of a mile

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=307248

Using the Hotel Valet would be about .14 of a mile

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=307252

When you get to the shops and the Croc's Bits and Bites snack shop, the ramp is on the south end (to avoid about 4 steps), that will allow you to get to the Hook's Pointe check-in desk, and the lift.

Maus
07-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Darkbeer, thanks so much for posting those maps. I'm going to the park on Friday so I can check out this option before our dinner on Sunday. Thanks!

AVP
07-19-2006, 03:54 PM
One men's restroom and one women's restroom. Each is one of those "whole room" types, which means there is no interior stall/door, just the one outer door.

AVP

Maus
07-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Adrienne, thanks for making that call. The no-stall bathroom works just as well, DH will be happy with that. I know we can both go into the men's room with stalls, but this is just more convenient.

Maus
07-26-2006, 07:30 PM
I just wanted to finish off this thread with our experience in case someone finds it in the future.

The lot Darkbeer recommended said they only accept validations from Paradise Pier Hotel restaurants. If we parked there we'd pay full price. She recommended parking at Downtown Disney for three hours free. I told her I'd check with DL Hotel.

DL Hotel parking said that we could park free for five hours with validation from Hook's Pointe, Granville's or Goofy's Kitchen. This includes both self-parking and valet. Yipee!

I called my step-daughter and told her to park at the DL Hotel--right next to the Downtown Disney lot. She ended up in the Paradise Pier lot :rolleyes: . She got a validation at the restaurant and simply handed it to the parking attendant as she left. They waived her through without a word. (Not recommending that just relaying her experience.)

We parked valet at DL Hotel. Not a great arrival as we parked, he handed me the ticket and took off to chat with the other CMs while I hauled the wheelchair out of the trunk. No tip for you! They were much better when we left. Had three of them helping me then.

Hope this info is helpful to someone else.

Darkbeer
07-26-2006, 08:12 PM
I just wanted to finish off this thread with our experience in case someone finds it in the future.

The lot Darkbeer recommended said they only accept validations from Paradise Pier Hotel restaurants. If we parked there we'd pay full price. She recommended parking at Downtown Disney for three hours free. I told her I'd check with DL Hotel.

DL Hotel parking said that we could park free for five hours with validation from Hook's Pointe, Granville's or Goofy's Kitchen. This includes both self-parking and valet. Yipee!

I called my step-daughter and told her to park at the DL Hotel--right next to the Downtown Disney lot. She ended up in the Paradise Pier lot :rolleyes: . She got a validation at the restaurant and simply handed it to the parking attendant as she left. They waived her through without a word. (Not recommending that just relaying her experience.)

We parked valet at DL Hotel. Not a great arrival as we parked, he handed me the ticket and took off to chat with the other CMs while I hauled the wheelchair out of the trunk. No tip for you! They were much better when we left. Had three of them helping me then.

Hope this info is helpful to someone else.

I have parked in that lot many times, though in the "regular" spaces. Sometimes a CM asks where you are going, I say "Hook's Pointe", and once, a CM called a lead, and found out it is OK. I have used my Lost Bar and Hook's Pointe validations many times and have NEVER been charged for using the lot next to the Bonita tower. Sometimes it is full, and I do end up either in the PPH structure, or the space just outside of it.

Cheshire Figment
07-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Not a great arrival as we parked, he handed me the ticket and took off to chat with the other CMs while I hauled the wheelchair out of the trunk. No tip for you! They were much better when we left. Had three of them helping me then.
At the WDW deluxe resorts if I am using my ECV and the valets remove/assemble it or disassemble it and put it in the trunk I will pay a little more than if not using the ECV.

However, if I am using the ECV and they do not assist, or at least offer to assist, not only do they get no tip but I will find a supervisor to discuss this with.

Darkbeer
07-28-2006, 12:49 PM
I used the lot last night, and took a photo of the sign that clearly shows you can go to any of three hotel restaurants.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1713283/30/84504235/Large

Side Note: Interesting to see the Tea event is still listed, it was discontinued a long time ago.

Maus
07-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Darkbeer, I missed that sign going into the lot or I wouldn't even have bothered to ask the attendant. Needless to say it was a typical "depends on who you ask" Disney moment!