PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner

rosie
07-17-2006, 03:56 PM
I've never been to a Fantasmic show and would like to better understand how the dinner packages work. I'm planning to be in DL Dec. 4th-Dec. 9th. Any information would be appreciated. One question in particular is " Do I need to be staying at DLR properties to get a reservation?
Thank you:)

DangerMouse
07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
It's not dinner, it's a dessert buffet. And no, you don't need to be a DLR Hotel guest to get tickets. If you do a search under "Fantasmic Buffet" you will find a ton of information.

annieb727
07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
I've never been to a Fantasmic show and would like to better understand how the dinner packages work. I'm planning to be in DL Dec. 4th-Dec. 9th. Any information would be appreciated. One question in particular is " Do I need to be staying at DLR properties to get a reservation?
Thank you:)

It's not a dinner, it's a dessert buffet. Cost is about $59 per person. There is balcony seating and seating that is closer to the water. There are benefits to both - if you do a search in the forums you can find what people like about each. Heck...if you can swing it...try BOTH!

You need to call for reservations one month before you want the seats. And you have to call FIRST THING in the morning...start calling about 7:50am...keep calling until you get someone. These seats sell out VERY quickly. I think they only have something like 15-20 seats on the balcony for each Fantasmic Showing. You do NOT need to stay on property to get a reservation...you just have to be quick at dialing (or add it to speed dial that morning).

rosie
07-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks, I read somewhere that you need to call 60 days in advance? I read previous posts and they said 30 days....what do you think? And, not to be trouble, but is it 30 days or 1 month before?

annieb727
07-17-2006, 04:23 PM
I've heard that it's ONE MONTH and I've heard 30 days...In your case...going in December, since November had 30 days, one month WILL be 30 days, so it's one and the same. Keep in mind you will have to pay with a CC at the time of calling, so have it ready when you call...and it will be charged then.

60 days is for priority seating at restaurants.

tigga please
07-17-2006, 04:47 PM
i dunno about one month, im going in a few days and i can still get reservations for it.

Malcon10t
07-17-2006, 04:58 PM
i dunno about one month, im going in a few days and i can still get reservations for it.
You can get Riverfront sometimes this late, but the balcony seating sells out by 10 after 8 each day.

To the other poster, its one month. If you want Oct 31, call on Sept 30. If you want Feb 10, call Jan 10.

cookie7762
07-17-2006, 08:12 PM
we did it last summer and got reservations the day before for 4 of us. the balcony seating was long gone, but riverfront isn't that in demand. personally, it was very expensive and not that great. Its neat to say that i have done it, but if I were on a tight budget, I wouldn't try to sacrifice for it. I also don't plan on ever doing it again.

davnat
07-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Does it cost the same for Riverside as it does for the balcony? Oh and do you get the dessert buffet when you do riverside?:)

tmptink
07-18-2006, 07:49 AM
Does it cost the same for Riverside as it does for the balcony? Oh and do you get the dessert buffet when you do riverside?:)

I have only done the Riverside and it did cost the same as the balcony and we did have the dessert buffet.

MammaSilva
07-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Actually, unless things have changed, Riverside they hand you a 'box' with a set menu of deserts and offer a drink...on the balcony it is an actually buffet table that you select your assortment of goodies before sitting down...but the price is the same.

disneyland addict13
07-18-2006, 07:58 AM
I just returned from Disneyland and we did the Fantasmic! Balcony Seating for the very first time. We REALLY enjoyed it and had one of the tables at the very front of the balcony which made the show just awesome. However, I am 100% certain that it is NOT 30 days in advance that you call but 1 month in advance. So if you wish to go on December 9th, you would call on November 9th. For us, we saw the show on July 11th so I called and made my reservations on June 11th. I am 100% certain about this but you can also call the Disney Dining Reservations Line which is (714) 781-4400 anytime between 8 AM and I believe 5 PM and just tell them the date you wish to see the show and they will tell you exactly what day you need to call. I have heard stories of people who called 30 days in advance instead of 1 month in advance and were a day late and couldn't get reservations for the day that they wanted. Make sure you call 1 month in advance! Well, I hope you have a good trip and enjoy the Fantasmic! Seating!

tmptink
07-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Actually, unless things have changed, Riverside they hand you a 'box' with a set menu of deserts and offer a drink...on the balcony it is an actually buffet table that you select your assortment of goodies before sitting down...but the price is the same.

When we went in Sept 05 we got a plate and got to pick. We could go back if we wanted to. I would have liked the box better because it was really hard to keep the round things on the plate with no table to put it on. We did get a couple of drinks. They would ask for our drink order and then right before the show ask us if we wanted more.

I don't know if it has changed since then or may be we were test subjects to the buffet.

annieb727
07-18-2006, 08:56 AM
when we went in october they had the buffet at the riverside

in december we did the balcony -

we liked the balcony best - but riverside seems best if you have small children (at least to us). the balcony buffet included more things - like cheesecakes and fruit - riverside had chocolate covered strawberries and an assortment of cookie-type items. from what i understand, children cost less at the riverside viewing, and under three are free...there is some confusion as to whether balcony viewing is free for under three - but for children over three it is the adult price

mystycalchyk
07-18-2006, 02:07 PM
However, I am 100% certain that it is NOT 30 days in advance that you call but 1 month in advance. So if you wish to go on December 9th, you would call on November 9th.

this is true. It is one month in advance. You want the 5th you call on the 5th the month prior, at 7:55 am and dont stop dialing till you get through.

DianeM
07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Who cares about the food... Is the show better from the balcony or the riverside? I'm torn. I love Fantasmic, but the crowds freak me out. My mother is going to give us the special seating for our anniversary, so I can enjoy the show for the first time in years. But I'm not sure where to sit - any suggestions?

when we went in october they had the buffet at the riverside

in december we did the balcony -

we liked the balcony best - but riverside seems best if you have small children (at least to us). the balcony buffet included more things - like cheesecakes and fruit - riverside had chocolate covered strawberries and an assortment of cookie-type items. from what i understand, children cost less at the riverside viewing, and under three are free...there is some confusion as to whether balcony viewing is free for under three - but for children over three it is the adult price

mystycalchyk
07-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Who cares about the food... Is the show better from the balcony or the riverside? I'm torn. I love Fantasmic, but the crowds freak me out. My mother is going to give us the special seating for our anniversary, so I can enjoy the show for the first time in years. But I'm not sure where to sit - any suggestions?

hands down, the balcony is the place to be. I dont care about the food either. Although its nice to sip a mint julip and munch on decadant stuff ....but the seating is the best. The riverside thing was just a 'thing they threw together off to the side to make more money' in my opinion.

mystycalchyk
07-18-2006, 02:22 PM
When we went in Sept 05 we got a plate and got to pick. We could go back if we wanted to. I would have liked the box better because it was really hard to keep the round things on the plate with no table to put it on.

everytime we have ever gone they have had the little small round cafe type tables on the balcony. *shrugs*

Malcon10t
07-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Actually, unless things have changed, Riverside they hand you a 'box' with a set menu of deserts and offer a drink...on the balcony it is an actually buffet table that you select your assortment of goodies before sitting down...but the price is the same.The first time we did it back in 2001, we got the box (which my daughter LOVED), but the rest of our visits have been the buffet. We do the riverside on New Years and on the 4th, then for each kids birthday if we are there. We really like it.

Malcon10t
07-18-2006, 02:40 PM
When we went in Sept 05 we got a plate and got to pick. We could go back if we wanted to. I would have liked the box better because it was really hard to keep the round things on the plate with no table to put it on. We did get a couple of drinks. They would ask for our drink order and then right before the show ask us if we wanted more.

I don't know if it has changed since then or may be we were test subjects to the buffet.In 2002 they did both boxes and the table, but since about 2003, its always been the table when we go. We like the riverside because there is a lt more room compared to the balcony. We travel with my daughter who is severely claustrophobic and her service pup. They really don't work well in the balcony. Riverside is great though. If you are going for a romantic setting, the balcony would be great. If you are travelling with children, the riverside might be better for you.

LLevy
07-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Having also done both the riverside and the balcony- I would personally go with the riverside. I enjoy the closser view, you can see what is happening on the island because it isn't blocked by a water screen, and you are much closer to the water and the flame and the ships etc. It's more of a "you are there" feeling. from the balcony I felt I was watching it on TV- the picture was too smmall and there was no heat/ wet / looking into the show feeling.

just be aware that the riverside seats on a first *CHECK IN*, first seated basis. We hung around and were able to check in at least 15 minutes before the official "check in " time, so we walked past the check in line that formed at the official check-in time and got seated 2nd.. this did NOT go over well with the people who were following the rules. we didn't realize that we had broken the rules, we just signed in when we saw someone else sign in....

LL