PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report July 15-18

sriggins
07-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Disneyland Day 1 - July 15th, 2006

Ahoy Mates from 'he happiest seas on earth! Let me tell ye, me and me wench be wishing we be on 'he seas! We be wakin' up at 5am to take that flying dutchman to 'he park. Check into our cabin and get into 'he park around 12:45pm. It be hot! 6 bottles of water later, we still be thirsty. Fine out me weagther buddy say it be 101 today! I believe it too, and humid like the high seas.

We be ridin' plenty of rides, includin' seein' Capn' Jack who be mighty fine!

We be sittin' fer 2 hours ter be watchin' 'he fireworks from 'he prime location and den dey be cancellin' 'he show der ter 'he winds! Arrrrrrrrrrgh!

We be watchin' fantasmic and endin' 'he day on 'he Splash Mountain, where me hook slipped and me stepped on me wench's foot gettin' into 'he log. Ye'd thinks a sea worthy pirate would have better footin' on 'he wet bench but alas, me just be hopin' it not swell 'r nothin'.

I be tinkin' me be gettin' a little sunburned on me shoulder, even tho' we applied much good sunscreen, so me be more careful termorrow.

We be havin a fun time, more reportin' later!

sriggins
07-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Disneyland Day 2 - July 16th, 2006

Today we hit Target at 8am for socks and goodies. Then to the park and ran into my brother who was finishing planning my 40th birthday surprise! He lives down here and put together a treasure hunt where we had to go around and find clues to prizes. Was very fun, a lot of work on his part! I got the pirates dice game from dead man's chest, the dmc version of pirates Life, a framed map of my treasure hunt, a piece of cursed pirate treasure and some dvds on pirate lore. Oh and a book I won't mention :)

It was really awesome! I have a super brother.

It is cooler today, this morning was great. we went on space mountain twice, buzz twice (as part of the treasure hunt) , haunted mansion and had lunch. We did the 50th anniversary show then headed back to the hotel as the clouds burned off and it was getting very hot again. I think the small crowds today were thanks to the heat. Its quite unbearable with the humidity. It sprinkled a little even. Tomorrow it says thunderstorms.

Its so humid my legs are chaffing where they rub (I need to work out!) I went to target and picked up some generic gold bond medicated powder. Let me tell you - The commercials were right! This stuff is awesome. I also tossed out my crappy boxers and bought "boxer briefs" of which I am a new fan of. The combination of those two devices took me from a very hurting, red, wobbling person right back to normal. Amazing!

I also picked up water for tomorrow am (half price) and some stuff for the room. We then went back to Disneyland at 5 (took the car this time vs walking from the hojo) and I went to sign in 20 mins early at 5:10 only to realize the reservations were for 5:10! Whew! We asked for waterfront seating and got that in all of 2 mins.

The Blue Bayou was refurbished along with the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and along with the food, the prices were also updated. Prime Rib? $30. Pork Chops? $25. However before you keel over, the food was amazing. Much better than I have ever had at the Bayou. Much less potatoes now, and au-gratin to boot, but much more meat. The prime rib was 5 pepper rubbed and medium was perfect. The pork chops were a double chop and topped in apples. Really, really good.

We finished the meal off with the Flying Dutchman dessert boat which while entire edible, the sail and mast are not very tasty. The cookie hull and ice cream topping were delicious though!

The menus are commemorative Jack Sparrow menus, laminated and we got to keep those as souvenirs. They are only giving them away for 3 months, so this is a really nice catch.

We next saw the parade of dreams. Main Street was really empty for the parade compared to most days. We walked up with 5 mins to go and got a spot right behind the front row.

We then went to Fantasyland and caught a bunch of rides there. It was now 8:30 so we headed to the main street side of the hub, sat on the curb and waited for the show. The fireworks were great! We didn't see every effect but the audio is much better back there and we got to be in the middle of the hub fireworks.

After the show we did some shopping for more clothes and called it a night.

Tomorrow AM we're going to DCA for ToT and Calif Screaming, then to the hub at noon for the meet n greet, then back to DCA.

Our feet are pretty worn out, thanks to the heat and sweat and all. Makes those shoes quite warm But we'll make it through because its the happiest place on earth, even in the middle of summer!

sriggins
07-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Disneyland Day 3 - Happy 51st Birthday, Disneyland!

Today is Disneyland's 51st birthday and it is much cooler. It was warm at the mouseplanet.com meet n greet. Met Newell (sp?) and Promoman, along with Adrienne and Andrew. I didn't see Jo, so hopefully she was sleeping peacefully.

We started the morning on the monorail, then autopia, then over to DCA where we learned Soarin' Over Calif is open 30 mins before park opening, so we rode that, then ToT. Calif Screamin' was shutdown for an unknown length of time. By the time we found water, etc, it was time for the meet n greet, so back over to DL, then to pirates, then we left to have lunch at mimi's. Now its 4 hours of resting the feets (which I still don't know why they hurt so much this trip, I bought "the best walking shoes" but I don't think they have any give whatsoever) and then my brother is coming out to meet us around 6 to finish off DCA in style.

Its very very windy now and cloudy, so the thunderstorm predictions may come true and change our evening plans, but no matter, its been a really fun trip. We've seen all we came to see, ridden just about everything and have had a lot of fun!

tigga please
07-17-2006, 02:38 PM
thanks for the updates! i cant believe its gonna storm! we're heading in on the 20th

sriggins
07-17-2006, 03:36 PM
No storms yet - Lots of very nice wind, and a but muggy. We headed down to Big 5 on Harbor and bought some orthotics for the last day and a half. I noticed knots on my inner soles so I think my new shoes are just not supporting me well enough. We'll see how the Nordstrom's "bring them back any time any reason) plan works :) Or I might just be hitting the point where I need some prescription orthotics.

(I only post this stuff so if someone has these issues, they know where some solutions lie)

Steve

annieb727
07-17-2006, 04:18 PM
sounds very fun...(well with the exception of the chaffing and sore feet)...can't wait until it's my turn!!!

tigga please
07-17-2006, 04:50 PM
No storms yet - Lots of very nice wind, and a but muggy. We headed down to Big 5 on Harbor and bought some orthotics for the last day and a half. I noticed knots on my inner soles so I think my new shoes are just not supporting me well enough. We'll see how the Nordstrom's "bring them back any time any reason) plan works :) Or I might just be hitting the point where I need some prescription orthotics.

(I only post this stuff so if someone has these issues, they know where some solutions lie)

Steve

im gonna go get myself some dynasteps for my shoes. they totally help with the standing in lines

sriggins
07-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Yeah it was a lot of fun. The supports helped some, but the feet are so inflamed, we ended up leaving at 9 (and its a great night tonight!) to get some epsom salts for a very awesome e-ticket experience in the hotel! heh. I've been to this park so many times, never before had foot problems like this. I'll be searching out new shoes I guess.

Calif Screamin' was shut down the entire day until around 8pm. After we ate at the italian place in DCA (which has a much more limited menu than when I was last there), Elizabeth and my brother rode the coaster (I had far too much to eat to toss it upside down). Before that we did Its Tough to be a bug, which was great because Elizabeth knew about the interactive shows from Honey I shrunk on Saturday, so we was all happy she knew what was coming - Little did she know the new twists they tossed in! It was fun watching her jump out of her seat hehe.

So we did ToT again, and Pirates today, had a nice meal, did some shopping, oh rode Mulholland Madness for the first time - That ride is crazy fun! haha.

Had a blast. Tomorrow will be a short morning just doing Space Mountain again, etc, then heading home!

evrythngwmn
07-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Disneyland Day 3 - Happy 51st Birthday, Disneyland!

Today is Disneyland's 51st birthday and it is much cooler. It was warm at the mouseplanet.com meet n greet. Met Newell (sp?) and Promoman, along with Adrienne and Andrew. I didn't see Jo, so hopefully she was sleeping peacefully.

Yep, I thought about sticking around. The heat the last few days has killed me though and I haven't been sleeping well. I came home this morning and took a sleeping pill to knock myself out.

Sorry we didn't meet up. I'm glad though you had a good trip (minus the sore feet).

sriggins
07-19-2006, 08:48 AM
A few pics from the meet n greet:

http://www.geeksrus.com/albums/disneyland_july_2006/Pages/CRW_3421.html

http://www.geeksrus.com/albums/disneyland_july_2006/Pages/CRW_3422.html

http://www.geeksrus.com/albums/disneyland_july_2006/Pages/CRW_3423.html

http://www.geeksrus.com/albums/disneyland_july_2006/Pages/CRW_3425.html

(in the middle of vacation pics heh)

sriggins
07-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Day 4!

Tuesday we rode Space Mountain, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Teacups, Mark Twain and did the ride around the park. After a dole whip and lots of water, we headed for my parents about quarter to 1.

Hung out at the folks, had lunch, headed to the airport for our 7:05 flight, which left around 10:15 due to a radar outage in Palmdale, shutting down all of So Cal flights. We were fortunate that our flight was a hop through with no transfers. Others ended up cancelled and had to find hotels on their own dime.

We have a great time despite the heat, pain and long days of exhaustion. I can't wait to go back!

I Heart Disneyland!
07-19-2006, 06:52 PM
I am so behind, Steve. Who's the cute gal??

sriggins
07-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Dat be me wench Elizabeth. She likes Disneyland as much as me and has been to WDW twice!