PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day at Disneyland...

LeslieluvMcky
05-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Just curious to see if anyone knows how I could possibly get video footage or pictures from Disneyland's opening day? I believe someone said something about a video...which one would that be? The reason I'm asking is because my father was a bouscoutt in the parade on opening day and I would love to surprise him with some footage of pictures since he has nothing himself. Thanks Every!!

Leslie:)

justagrrl
05-01-2002, 03:51 PM
I've never seen this - someone else may be able to better tell you if this has the content you are looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005KARE/floridaslostt-20/002-2634462-5108026

"Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
To finance Disneyland he wanted to build, Walt Disney turned to the new medium of television. As host Leonard Maltin
notes on this two- disc set of televised specials for the amusement park, Disney used the series to promote it, "and no
one seemed to mind." ABC agreed to invest in return for a weekly one-hour program. The "Disneyland" TV show premiered
on October 27, 1954: "Disneyland Story" introduced the park and its various lands, which would be the subject of future
programs. The opening-day special, "Dateline Disneyland" (July 17, 1955), attracted an estimated audience of 90
million--virtually every television household in America. Hosted by Art Linkletter, Robert Cummings, and Ronald Reagan, the
live broadcast includes such unplanned moments as Linkletter searching frantically for a microphone in Fantasyland. The
Tenth Anniversary show (January 3, 1965) features cameos of Mary Blair and Marc Davis, two celebrated animation
artists. Home movie footage of Walt pacing off distances at the barren site in Anaheim is intercut with peeks at
forthcoming attractions. "Disneyland After Dark" (April 15, 1962) offers performances by Annette Funicello, Bobby Burgess,
Bobby Rydell, Louis Armstrong, and a prepubescent quartet of Osmond Brothers. A must-have set for Disneyland buffs,
Disney collectors, and nostalgic baby boomers. --Charles Solomon

Description
A special presentation of four Disneyland television specials - The Disneyland Story, Dateline Disneyland, Operation
Disneyland, Disneyland After Dark - plus The Disneyland 10th Anniversary Show, all originally broadcast between 1955 and
1970, and hosted by Walt Disney himself. Also includes additional archival footage of Disneyland's opening day and other
rare materials. Introduction by Leonard Maltin.
"

Uncle Dick
05-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by LeslieluvMcky
Just curious to see if anyone knows how I could possibly get video footage or pictures from Disneyland's opening day? I believe someone said something about a video...which one would that be? The reason I'm asking is because my father was a bouscoutt in the parade on opening day and I would love to surprise him with some footage of pictures since he has nothing himself. Thanks Every!!

Leslie:)
The Disneyland USA DVD (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005KARE/qid%3D1020297505/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/002-4757059-0306428) contains the Dateline Disneyland segment, the live broadcast that took place on Disneyland's opening day. It includes extensive coverage of the parade and the Boy Scouts (dressed as Indians, I believe). Hope this helps!

LeslieluvMcky
05-02-2002, 06:45 AM
Thank you for letting me know this...I can't wait to get it and see if he is in it....He'll be so surprised.

Leslie

LeslieluvMcky
05-02-2002, 06:51 AM
One more quick question...Is amazon the only place that sells this DVD, or can I get it anywhere DVD's are sold?

Leslie

PinkFloyd
05-02-2002, 09:04 AM
You can get the DVD at other places besides Amazon. I have seen it at Best Buy, Disney Store and Cosco. It is a must have for any Disneyland fan.

outlaw8
05-02-2002, 09:17 AM
Try Costco FIRST..They had it for 18.99 for each DVD.

MonorailMan
05-02-2002, 09:40 AM
One more quick question...Is amazon the only place that sells this DVD, or can I get it anywhere DVD's are sold?

Leslie

Just to say, this question almost sounds like something out of an infomerical. :)

Gemini Cricket
05-02-2002, 09:47 AM
I agree w/ outlaw8... Costco is the best price I've seen so far. And of 3 Costcos I've been to, they have a lot of these left...
:)

mad4mky
05-02-2002, 01:42 PM
I saw it at Costco yesterday...!!

Rallymonkey23
05-02-2002, 02:53 PM
It s funny that this was brought up cause I just bought it at Costo today. $18.99 is a good price if you ask me!