PDA

View Full Version : 7/30-8/3 Last minute - great rates, can't believe I'm going again!

kkmickey
07-17-2006, 11:29 AM
My husband and two of my three teenage boys have been trying to decide what to do for our week vacation the first of August. (My oldest will be at Outward Bound for 3 wks). The boys of course want to go to Disneyland, but the whole family was just there in Nov and it was one of the best family trips we've had, and I was there in March with my two best friends and had the best trip ever (no kids, went on tours, had dinner at Club 33). After those trips, I almost don't want to go again because they were such great trips, and what can top Club 33? The reason I want to go is mostly for POC. I guess it would be worth the 16 hour drive from Vancouver, Wa.

Well, I have been reading about Priceline strategies, and I decided we could only go if I could get a really good deal on a hotel. On a lark, I decided that I would try it and not go over $50/nt, figuring that I would never find a rate like that during summer season. But I did! I got 4 nights at the Hyatt Regency Orange County for $50/nt. So now were are going (which is a surprise to my dear husband). :D

If anyone has stayed there, I would love to hear your opinions. My research on reviews has said that it's a nice place, rooms are a little small, but beds are really comfortable.

I am off to call the Hyatt Regency and request two double bed, no smoking.
Wish me luck, and see you at POC!!!

Kristin

going2disneyAZ
07-17-2006, 12:13 PM
If anyone has stayed there, I would love to hear your opinions. My research on reviews has said that it's a nice place, rooms are a little small, but beds are really comfortable.
Kristin

GREAT hotel. My wife and I walked to and from the parks but it is a bit long. About 20 minutes. They have a free bus or at least they did in March. You got a great price. We got a rate of $75 on hotwire, I think the rack rate is around $175. Have fun.

tigga please
07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
wow that sounds like an awesome deal! congrats! my wish is to dine at club 33 someday...

Rteneyck
07-17-2006, 01:22 PM
We stayed there in September of 2006 and really liked the hotel a lot. The bus works pretty good and we never had to wait very long to catch it. We also caught an Angels game since that is down the street. The concierge was awesome and set us up with some tickets. The parking was a little steep - $15.00 per day. Hope you have a great time.

Thank you,

Rainee

momuvseven
07-17-2006, 01:34 PM
We liked it a lot and they have free rollaways. Beds were awesome and I thought we had two queens. The rooftop pool we tried was OK. The shuttle service makes up for the parking fees since it would have cost us the same to ride ART. Very quiet, very clean rooms and no smoking odors anywhere.

If you can get tickets to an Angels game it is awesome. Sometimes you can get a family pack for about $11 a person that includes sodas and hotdogs.

sriggins
07-17-2006, 02:04 PM
We stayed there in September of 2006

Was it hot in Sept of 2006 because I might be back and I could sure use some weather reports :)

darph nader
07-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Lucky puppys.

(btw i 'was' planning to go in Sept 2006,sorry i missed it):crying:

MickeyMommy
07-18-2006, 03:22 PM
You got an awesome rate for a great hotel! We have stayed there at least 3 times with Priceline and loved it. Once we didn't get there untill about 9:30pm, and they had ran out of standard rooms, so they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite! We had a living room, plus two bedrooms with their own bathrooms, it was huge!:D
The other times we got the standard rooms, but they are all recently remodeled, and very clean and modern. And super comfy beds!

I think your husband will be pretty happy about what you got this place for!!

tinker3
07-18-2006, 07:14 PM
You got a awesome deal! I have been trying priceline for a trip the end of August, and it's up to $70 already :eek: ! I am about to give up and just go with travelocity where I know what hotel it is. Have a fun trip!