PDA

View Full Version : How Soon is Too Soon [booking May 2007 travel]?

dlandnut
07-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Believe it or not, I'm wondering about when I can book our vacation for late May, early June 2007. When do tickets, packages, etc., become available for 2007? I don't sound anxious, do I, lol??? :)

hlbtimes2
07-17-2006, 12:05 PM
I know you can't book online with WDT yet, but you might be able to if you call. Worst they can do is tell you its too early and when to call back. We try to book about 6 months in advance for most of our trips. Its typically close enough to catch the specials (if there are any), and early enough that we have lots of time to pay and plan.

annieb727
07-17-2006, 12:12 PM
When I called to book my room for September, we were chatting and I mentioned a possible trip in February of 2007. The lady told me that they will start booking for 2007 beginning August 1st.

CandiBell
07-17-2006, 04:05 PM
You are not alone in thinking about that trip in May! We are shooting for June 2007, and I can hardly wait to see the new promotional stuff for Dreams come true (Is that what it's called?) and start dreaming about what we will do.

disneyhound
07-17-2006, 05:43 PM
If you are booking airfair in your package, you might wait until Fall, when the kiddies are back in school, airfares might go down, who knows with oil at record prices... Prices are too high right now, I am hoping...

cfitz/pirates
07-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Never too soon Ive already started planning for july 2007 there are a few hotels already taking reservations at anaheimoc.org and also looking at travelaxe.com this one searches for the best deals on the internet.:)

kandyk
07-18-2006, 09:23 AM
I tried this morning to book a trip at GCH for February but I was told they don't have 2007 rates yet and he was real cloudy on when to call back. He said in middle August or September. But if someone else was told August 1st I would start calling that day.

annieb727
07-18-2006, 12:39 PM
I tried this morning to book a trip at GCH for February but I was told they don't have 2007 rates yet and he was real cloudy on when to call back. He said in middle August or September. But if someone else was told August 1st I would start calling that day.

yeah...when i was told August 1st, the lady seemed very sure of it...it's worth a shot to call then

phillyorig
07-20-2006, 07:10 AM
I am planning also for early June 2007.

I am in talking stages with family of what to do and what the budget "might" be. We are driving!!!!!!!!

We are camping, so I am waiting till at least mid-Sept. to call RV parks. Figuring that crowds(?) are gone and they might have next year rates.

Tickets will be bought close to the time we leave. Whoever has the best deal ( Disney Store, AAA, hubby work, etc.)

Since camping, my food list will start in Jan. Depending on the item, I can start to buy then, due to sales in the supermarkets.

I am already saving money. I am a waitress (ugh) but I save at least $1 a day till we get busy then it will go to $10 a day( we are in a real slow time now... heck when its 112 out, I don't want to go outside either ;) )

I feel you can never start too early to save or at least plan.

Good luck

splash
07-21-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm thinking the first time we went, we booked our trip like 9 months out. But obviously, you can't always do airfare that early. I just saw an airfare special that runs through Dec. 10. We aren't going until Dec. 13, so maybe we will see specials for that soon. The last time we went, we booked a few months in advance and then we got a letter from Alaska Air saying that the non stop flight we had reserved had been changed to one stop on the way back. It worked out ok, but was a bit frustrating. I find that getting some of the particulars out of the way early, helps me not to stress out so much about the travel. We are already booked for December through AAA, now I just need to find cheap airfare from Portland, OR

Hakuna Makarla
07-21-2006, 09:16 AM
you can do what I do, book it thru the travel agency and pay on it thru time. this way, your agent will not book your flight until he finds the best deal and they do this up until the time you go. mine found , me awsome fares and he goes thru walt disney so you get the same package. plan now, go thru a nice agent and pay on payments. you won't regreat it!!