PDA

View Full Version : Where to park at Disneyland @ 5:00 AM?

mypupmickey
07-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Where can you park if you want to go to DL early - 5:00? I looked on the DL site but they don't even note when the lots usually open, though I understand it is 1/2 before opening. So if you want to go early where do you park? Thanks in advance!

Niwel
07-16-2006, 10:29 PM
The parking lot opens at 7:30 (7-7:15 on early entry days)-- the park doesn't open until 8. You can park -- and pay -- at one of the hotels and walk over, but I can't imagine why you'd need to be there that early (except on opening days of POTC or last year's 50th).

Alex S.
07-16-2006, 10:53 PM
I would assume one of two things:

1) They want for tomorrow specifically because of the Happiest Balloon on Earth.

2) They are driving into town and that is when they expect to get there. I've driven overnight several times and arrived that awkward time where it is too late to go somewhere and sleep in the car (in which the nearby Wal-Mart parking lot is a good spot) but too early to officially park.

What time does the Downtown Disney lot open?

If it is for the balloon only, I'd probably just park at Denny's or McDonald's. I've done that several times without problem if it was a really short early morning park.

potzbie
07-17-2006, 02:00 AM
What time does the Downtown Disney lot open?

I have indeed used the Downtown Disney lot early in the morning, like 7:00 a.m.
There was no in/out restriction, as far as I could tell.
I was the second car in the entire lot, at that hour.
The kiosk was NOT staffed.

Post Script:
I am not sure, but I have a memory that the gate arm was completely UP, and no ticket was necessary for me to enter. -- I punched no green button to lift the arm. -- But I cannot confirm this, it has been too long ago.

mypupmickey
07-17-2006, 02:49 AM
Thanks everyone.
Reason: Yes, to Alex's #1.