PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passes and the perks that come with them...

tigga please
07-16-2006, 07:42 PM
heya everyone, my new fiance and i are chomping away at our fingers in wait for our trip to the happiest place on earth this coming thursday! we're thinking of upgrading our 4day hopper passes on our last day (non blackout date) to the AP's. a friend of ours said that along with the AP's, we would get discounts around the park and on stays at the DL resort hotels. what kinda price break can we expect if we make our next stay at either DLH or the other 2 hotels? substantial??? and what kind discounts would we have access to within the park itself?

thanks everyone! this board has helped out with so much info already!

p.s. i just got into rollercoasters in the last year and cant wait to ride cali screamin! im so stoked!

bassett1976
07-16-2006, 07:47 PM
First, it depends on the AP that you buy. My wife and I both have the Premium APs. We get 10% on all merchandise purchases over $10. We also get discounts to many places to eat (still have to buy $10 worth to start). All of the sit down places will give you the discount and at least half of the counter services. We just show the card and ask every time we get something and don't worry if we are told no. You can also get AP discounts to the DLR hotels but lately they don't seem like great deals at $200+ a night. You can also get a discount from Mousesavers.com with the AP for the HoJo but the best rate we've been getting lately was about $130 a night with taxes. We used to get $85 a night plus taxes.

annieb727
07-16-2006, 07:58 PM
We have the Deluxe pass - we get 10% off of food at the resort (and some downtown disney places)...some places at DTD will give other discounts - we got a Build-A-Bear discount...just ASK everywhere you go.

Sometimes they have AP Nights where you can get a room at the resort for just over (and sometimes under) $100/night!! Generally it's only 10% off, but if you plan to stay there anyway, then that can be a great saving!

We upgraded our passes on the first day to get the savings on food - since there were five of us for 10 full days - we spent a lot of money on food.