PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for first time guests at Paradise Pier?

Goosegirl
07-16-2006, 11:56 AM
We leave one week from today for 3 days, 3 nights at PP. We will be driving down from Grass Valley after church, so we will not get to the hotel until late. Any tips? Any rooms I should ask for? We just booked the city view as it was the cheapest and PP is a huge splurge for us anyway.

Should we bother taking our own portacrib? Or are the cribs at PP nice? Are the refridgerators in the room for minibar only? Or is it ok to store insulin and milk in them?

Any tips would be appreciated.

disneyochem
07-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi Goosegirl--no tips but wanted to say hi. Saw that you are from Grass Valley. Wave hi on your way--I'm in Rocklin!

woowoo
07-16-2006, 01:17 PM
been to pp twice dlr hotels all have refrigerators in room for guest use.
most hotels now offer the " play pin" style cribs for gust use you do need to request asap thoug some hotels have a limited supply and are fcfs. hope this helps. as for room number only been there twice and both times had city view. you are oposite side of hotel from the resort so you see parking lot mountains and may be a glimps of the pacific ocean. there is so much to see and do my family just wories about the hotel to sleep and mid day rest and that is it.

biolabetty
07-16-2006, 03:53 PM
I've been told that you can watch and hear the fireworks show from the pool area. I watched it from our room, plus we watched the Electrical Parade from DCA with the music piped in through our TV, but we had a theme park view. Do make sure you walk into the GCH to enter DL or DCA, it is much shorter than going all the way through DTD. You do have to cross one street, but it felt much shorter with our 4 year old going that way.

scaeagles
07-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Grass Valley? I grew up in Napa (left in the mid 80s), and my dad lived in Grass Valley until three years ago.

BlkPearlCptn
07-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Just stayed there...be sure you go into the gift shop and get your PotC Pin set. The rooms are large and immaculate. Well themed. However,

STAY AWAY FROM ROOM SERVICE. A breakfast of 1 pot tea, 1 pot hot chocolate, 1 omelet and 1 bagel and cream cheese cost almost $70.00!!!!!!

The food was icy cold and the order was wrong. When we (politely) asked for the sliced tomatoes that were supposed to be part of the breakfast..they did come, 30 minutes later, and then discovered an additional $9.80 was added for the three slices to the bill. They even added additional $$$ to the tip we already gave the waiter (in addition to the $7.95 room delivery charge)We didn't even bother with the restaurants... But for the room itself..it was great!

Karen256
07-17-2006, 05:25 AM
The refridgerators are empty, you can store whatever you want in them. :)

I second the tip to cross the street and walk through the Grand Californian to get to the parks. It's so much faster, and you get to walk through their nice lobby. Unless you're going to the far end of Downtown Disney, in which case walking out the back way as all the signs point you would be the quickest.

I'd recommend to ask for a free upgrade to park view, it's quite amazing. It's fun to see the park waking up early in the morning. We booked city view, but got the free upgrade. You likely won't get it this time of year, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

We initially assumed the glass elevator to be for conceirge only, but it's for all guests. My son likes glass elevators, and there often was no wait for that one.

Have fun!!

lauramaynot
07-17-2006, 07:21 AM
We stayed at the PP last year and really liked it. We didn't use it but there was a pack n play type crib in the closet in the room when we arrived. We didn't need/request one so I assumed it was standard with the room (like the iorn and coffee pot). We had standard room w/ 2 queens and pull out sofa and view of the pool. My suggestion on the crib though is that in my experiance my kids are more comfy in something that they have slept in before and usually won't sleep in a hotel crib...of course you will have the fact that DLR wipes EVERYONE out on your side;)