PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Travelaxe and disneyland.com?

The_Admiral
07-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi all,
My wife and I are trying to book for an October long-weekend trip. I did a search through travelaxe, and while that was running, I did a search on disneyland.com. Interestingly, while travelaxe showed availability for most hotels in the area, I found a VERY slim amount on disneyland.com. Is this because of the whole "good neighbor" package, or is there something else I'm missing and should be aware of? And while I'm at it, any comments on the park in October, e.g. crowds, percentage of attractions operating, etc.?

annieb727
07-16-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure about that one...I do know that I looked on disneyland.com for ROOM ONLY reservations for both September and October, and there were none available...packages are available. But then I go to other sites such as Expedia, Travelocity, getawaytoday, and they all have the availabilty...then when I CALL the reservation line, they have room only reservations available...not sure what's up with disneyland.com reservation stuff.

If you book through expedia or travelocity (you have to pay upfront, but they DO have cancellation policies), they have a special going on - stay at least three consecutive nights and the fourth night is free. I am staying 8 nights in October - so I booked four nights on Expedia and four nights on Travelocity so I got two nights free and am paying for six! Great savings!! I'm not sure if you're looking to stay at DLR hotels or off site, but some of the good neighbor hotels are doing that promotion too...check expedia.

October is a fun time to go - usually it's still really nice weather (last year we had one day of sprinkles out of 10 days). Warm enough for water rides without freezing the rest of the day. Crowds weren't too bad last year, and I suspect they'll be lower this year as the 50th will be officially over then. They also have the Halloween treat going on - if you plan to go make sure you buy your tickets NOW...they sold out last year...you can get them by going to the disneyland.com website under the tickets area.

bradk
07-16-2006, 11:17 AM
there are a ton of levels to how hotel rooms work. many of the online sites are actually consolidators. they buy a bunch of rooms at a discounted price and then re-sell them. so the hotels have guaranteed bookings, which make the rooms no longer available to those trying to get them directly.

not sure about disneyland because of the logistics, but disney world actually controls the percentage of rooms available to travel agents, etc. so if you can't get a room through DTC, it's still possible to get one through a travel agent.

annieb727
07-16-2006, 11:31 AM
that's really interesting!!! thanks for that tidbit of knowledge :)

going2disneyAZ
07-17-2006, 12:51 PM
October is a great time to go.

If you cant find availability at disneyland.com call them. I once booked a trip where there was nothing available at GCH online but when I called DTC there was!

The_Admiral
07-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the responses, especially for the heads-up about the fourth night free deal! I think that'll be how we do it.