PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion [closed in Sept.?]

Pages : [1] 2

Principe Valiente
07-16-2006, 08:57 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm a guy from Spain -Europe-, who is planning to go to DisneyLand in California in September.
I've read that the Haunted Mansion, is going to be closed in those days! It's that true, or is a joke?:confused:
Excuse me my english, I know is very bad, hahaha!:D :D
thank you very much!

kohl
07-16-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure of the exact dates, but they close it to do The Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay.

annieb727
07-16-2006, 09:08 AM
According to the Disneyland website, it is closing September 5th and reopening September 29th.

Principe Valiente
07-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Thank you very much for your help.
I've stayed in the Haunted Mansion in Orlando, and in Disneyland Paris, and I love it, but it is a shame that I will travel more than 20.000 kms. to find that is closed. :crying: :crying: :crying:
Do you have any idea if there's any kind of free bus to travel from L.A. Hotels to the park?

Principe Valiente
07-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Ey, annieb727!
You're gonna find the Haunted Mansion closed, like me!
I'm thinking to write a message to the Disney's President Park, or else, to find if he can open the Haunted Mansion for me and my family.:D :D :D

annieb727
07-16-2006, 11:23 AM
yep...i'm kind of sad that Haunted Mansion will be closed. I really it. Oh well...maybe on my next trip...

annieb727
07-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Which hotel are you staying at?

Principe Valiente
07-16-2006, 11:54 AM
As I said before, I have just write to the Park to find if I could visit the Haunted Mansion... I'm waiting for the answer. I'll tell you what they say.

I'm not sure about the Hotel. The travel Agency offers:
- Wilshire Grand Hotel
- Omni Los Angeles
- Millenium Biltmore

In L.A., of course...:)

annieb727
07-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't think any of those are close to Disneyland...I have never heard of them. Are you planning to do a lot of things in the downtown Los Angeles area?

Have you considered staying at a Hotel that is closer to Disneyland - maybe on of the Disneyland hotels. Or places such as Howard Johnson's Anaheim that are close but cheaper?

I do not think that you will be able to find a cheap shuttle to get to and from those hotels to the Disneyland parks, as those hotels are so far away...the Wilshire Grand is about 30 miles (about 48 km) from the parks.

Principe Valiente
07-16-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm gonna make a Tour around the West: Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
In L.A. I'll visit Hollywood boulevard, Sunset Strip, Rodeo Drive, and Beberly Hills, and to Universal Studios, that impressed me in Florida.

Principe Valiente
07-27-2006, 07:58 AM
To annieb727.
We are lucky guys!!! :eek: :eek:
I can't believe it, but in the Disney's website I've just read that the Haunted Mansion will be still open, on the days that we're planning to go!:D

OoOoOoOoh, lara la laralalaaaa!!!! (this words are "the song of the Pirates", spanish version) hahaha!!!

:fez: :fez: :fez: :fez:

Vegitabeta
07-27-2006, 09:40 AM
To annieb727.
I can't believe it, but in the Disney's website I've just read that the Haunted Mansion will be still open, on the days that we're planning to go!:D

OoOoOoOoh, lara la laralalaaaa!!!! (this words are "the song of the Pirates", spanish version) hahaha!!!

Cool! Welcome to the boards by the way!

annieb727
07-27-2006, 10:03 AM
To annieb727.

what dates are you going? i will be arriving on the 11th, and that's the new closing date :crying:

Susan L
07-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Principe Valiente, welcome to the boards and your English is just fine. How many days do you plan to do at the Disneyland Resort?

As was stated above, you might want to get a hotel that is closer to Disneyland while you are there visiting the parks and then move up to LA to be closer to the stuff you want to do there.

I would not recommend the Howard Johnson, we stayed there in Feb and it was awful. I would stay at one of the Disneyland hotels. They are more expensive but well worth the extra money.

I'm sorry that you will miss out on the Haunted Mansion. It sounds like you have a wonderful trip plan. Vegas, LA, San Fransisco can't beat that. Have fun planning.

Darkbeer
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
As for staying in LA, you best choice is either contact a tour group who provides a bus to Disneyland for a fee (ask your hotel).

Or for about $20 round trip, you can take the Metro Red Line, which is a subway to Union Station, and then take the Amtrak trains to Fullerton, and then transfer to the local bus (OCTA Route 43) that is going south about 3 miles to Disneyland.

From the Downtown area to Universal Studios, you can do that on the Metro Red Line, there is a stop at Universal City, get off there, cross the street, and then use the free tram that goes to Universal Studios.

www.mta.net (http://www.mta.net)

www.amtrak.com (http://www.amtrak.com)

Have a great trip, and if your dates are September 1st thru 4th, watch out, as this is a Holiday weekend for the US (Labor Day), there will be large crowds at the parks, Monday the 4th will be the slowest day of those 4.

Principe Valiente
07-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Thank you for your help Susan and Darkbeer!

I'll arrive LAX the 7th, and the 8th September I'll go Disneyland. I'm going to pass only a day in Disney :crying: , but I can't stay more days, I've to visit Hollywood, Downtown, Universal Studios... USA is so, sooo big!!! And I want to visit everything!!!

Have you ever been in Disneyland Paris? I've been four times, and I can tell you lots of things. If one day you come to Europe, and need some help for Disneyland Paris, tell me that, and I'll help you as long as I can.

doombuggy driver
07-27-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm gonna make a Tour around the West: Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
In L.A. I'll visit Hollywood boulevard, Sunset Strip, Rodeo Drive, and Beberly Hills, and to Universal Studios, that impressed me in Florida.

WELCOME!!!

Just to let you know that the Universal Studios in Hollywood is not as good as the Universal in Florida. Have fun on your trip!!!!!

annieb727
07-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Thank you for your help Susan and Darkbeer!

I'll arrive LAX the 7th, and the 8th September I'll go Disneyland. I'm going to pass only a day in Disney :crying: , but I can't stay more days, I've to visit Hollywood, Downtown, Universal Studios... USA is so, sooo big!!! And I want to visit everything!!!

Have you ever been in Disneyland Paris? I've been four times, and I can tell you lots of things. If one day you come to Europe, and need some help for Disneyland Paris, tell me that, and I'll help you as long as I can.

Hey there! Do you get to visit anywhere else in the USA while you're here? I know it's such a large place...and there are SO many possible things to see and do here. I hope you have a great time!

I hope to visit Disneyland Paris someday, I have always dreamed of going to Europe (France in particular) ever since I studied French in High School 10 years ago. Though we have no plans to go in the near or distant future...oh well...some day I hope :rolleyes:

Disneyfreak
07-28-2006, 01:18 AM
According to Disneyland's website they are closing it on the 11th. Although unfortunately Matterhorn Bobsleds will be closed and that is a major attraction just as Haunted Mansion is.

Vegitabeta
07-28-2006, 01:21 AM
WELCOME!!!

Just to let you know that the Universal Studios in Hollywood is not as good as the Universal in Florida. Have fun on your trip!!!!!
I thought USH was better lol, it was the tram tour that did that to me:)

Darkbeer
07-28-2006, 07:26 AM
I agree, USH is the better choice, mainly due to the actual movie studio, and the tram tour that goes thru the backlot, and takes you thru things like Jaws, Eartquake, King Knog, etc... with just one wait in line.

Principe Valiente
07-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Does anyone of you stayed in Spain?
I tell you this because here you also can find a three amazing theme parks: Universal's Port Aventura, Terra Mitica, and Warner Bros Park. I recommend you all of them. The three parks are wonderfuls, biggers than Magical Kingdom. I recommend you a website: www.parketematiko.com, where you'll find a lot of information, and not only about these parks.

And let me tell you something: there's a rumour here in Spain... about the possibility of the 6th Disney's Land in the World. Perhaps it'll be located in Marbella -as long as I can tell you, Marbella is just like the Miami of "Miami Vice", but in spanish version. :D :D :D -
There's a Disney's Golf Resort in Marbella, and around 3 or 4 years, the new park could be complete builted.

And by the way, I really recommend you the Disneyland Paris. Is not so big as DisneyWorld Florida, but it has the best things of each park: Aerosmith Roaller Coaster, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion (also called Phantom Manor, and very similar to the house in Alfred Hitchcock's movie Psycho), and the Sleeping Beauty Castle, that is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. It also includes a Dragon in a cave behind the castle.

Well!!! see you soon!!!

Vegitabeta
07-28-2006, 10:04 AM
I've been to Warner Bros. World but it was in Germany:confused:

I've been to Paris 3 times also, and I recommend it as well:)

Principe Valiente
07-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi Vegitabeta!

The Warner Bros park which I'm talking about is in Madrid.

And If you go to Paris again, you must visite the "Asterix Park". I don't know if in USA you know something about it, but Asterix is one of the most famous comic character in Europe, and has is own Park, like Mickey. The park isn't so good like Disney, but it's fun to spend a day there.

See you!

Vegitabeta
07-28-2006, 01:47 PM
I've heard of Asterix and Obelix, and the park. I'm in England by the way:) so hello fellow european lol. I guess there are two Warner Bros. parks then, 'cos I definately haven't been to Spain!