PDA

View Full Version : A question for those that go several times a month...

Doug
07-15-2006, 08:40 AM
Do you have a job? I mean, really, some people that visit this board go so much, I can not possible see how they are employed, I go about as often as I can, and that is a max of once a week, I usually end up averaging once a month actually.... so, how can you go to DLR so much, and have a job? Unless you found a job, where you visit amusement parks, if that is the case, then get me one to ;)!

Andrew
07-15-2006, 09:00 AM
When we lived in SoCal, we were employed full-time and visited Disneyland every Sunday.

cstephens
07-15-2006, 09:20 AM
My job doesn't require me to work 720 hours a month, so I've got some free time.

SoCalDude
07-15-2006, 09:22 AM
We do not go during the summer (by choice - too hot, too many people etc) but we try to go 2 or 3 times each non-summer month. My wife and I work full time and had one kid in school last year, this year it will be two kids in school. We still went during the week each time. The kid did not miss any school time and we did not miss any work time. :fez:

evrythngwmn
07-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Back when I was a passholder, I had a job with a modified work schedule. I worked longer days and had three or four days off a week. My friend that would go with me, worked a job with very flexible hours She would leave work mid afternoon and meet me. We did a lot of late afternoon/evening visits.

Frogberto
07-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Are you trying to say "get a life"? I take the wife and little one to both parks usually every Sunday if we can. And sometimes it's nice to just go on a weeknight, visit a local restaurant, and then pop in and watch the fireworks (which is one of my favorite things to do at Disneyland).

But since I own my own business, and I'm usually driving by Disneyland on my way back to the office from 8:30 to 10am, I often stop in during the mornings (it's less crowded then), take the Monorail into the park, and see one or two things and then go into work.

It's a nice way to start a morning, but I wouldn't do it if I worked for someone else.

charpaul
07-15-2006, 10:22 AM
I am a teacher- I go on the weekends when school is in session. Usually 2x a month. Sometimes more.

In the summer when I am off I can go whenever I like - and DO!!

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
07-15-2006, 12:15 PM
I am a consultant, so I make my own hours. I do go pretty often - a few times a month. Sometimes a few times a week if I am in the mood. Sometimes, I drive by when I am in the area on business, but don't have time to stop and go inside (gasp!).

Oh, I worked PLENTY when I was younger (16-30 years). That's why I don't have to work so much now. ;) I quit my 9-5 job (actually 7-3 grueling!) in 1998.

Phantom2006
07-15-2006, 01:10 PM
I am a full-time student only going to school Monday-Thursday. Friday is my free day and my day off from work also.

jcruise86
07-15-2006, 01:44 PM
I found a secret place to crash on Tom Sawyer's Island, so I never actually leave. I haven't set foot outside of Disneyland since 1995, though I am tempted to check out that California Adventure park.

Tinkermommy
07-15-2006, 02:12 PM
I have a full-time job, a husband, child and house to care for, and live about 75 miles away -- yet we still manage to go a few times each month. Sometimes we'll go for the day, and sometimes we'll stop in for a few hours on our way to or from somewhere in the Anaheim area.

We go often, but still enjoy the occasional overnight stay so we can be there from open until close. If I lived closer, I'd go more. I would LOVE to be able to go there immediately after picking my little one up from school on a regular basis!

Some people go out to dinner every night, see a lot of movies, hang out at malls, go to parks, play computer games, watch tv -- I just choose to spend as much of my leisure time as possible at Disneyland/DCA.

TimBuk2
07-15-2006, 02:15 PM
We live close enough to ride our motorcycles there and get a front row parking spot. Probably averaging 2-3 times per week.

newportbeachbumz
07-15-2006, 03:23 PM
When we first got our AP's, I lived in Los Angeles, my husband lived in Newport. I worked a full time job and so did he. Come 5pm I would pack up the car and meet my hubby by the castle at least 4x per week - this is how we dated for over a year.:D Now that we're married and I obviously live in Newport - I work out of the house managing our beach rental - so I can go all the time:)

I like to go early morning until 1:30 - then I have to race to p.u. my daughter from school. In the summer we still go quite often - we just had a girls night out on Thursday with my sister and daughter for a movie and a few rides... Yippeee.:p

HydroGuy
07-15-2006, 03:41 PM
I found a secret place to crash on Tom Sawyer's Island, so I never actually leave. I haven't set foot outside of Disneyland since 1995, though I am tempted to check out that California Adventure park.ROFL! I think I might have seen you on our last visit. You should shave sometime.

DangerMouse
07-15-2006, 04:00 PM
I found a secret place to crash on Tom Sawyer's Island, so I never actually leave. I haven't set foot outside of Disneyland since 1995, though I am tempted to check out that California Adventure park.

They have wi-fi on Tom Sawyer's Island? :eek: ;)

jcruise86
07-15-2006, 04:41 PM
I don't want to give too many details because one security guard has been trying to find me for over two years (the other guards think he's crazy and that I'm just a rumor), BUT SINCE YOU ASK I do avail myself to wireless internet via the laptop of a Storybook worker who is in love with me. She also brings me food. It's easy to subsist at Disneyland. You'd be surprised how many unfinished Monte Cristos make it to the trash bins. And several APs I've befriended support my all-Disney lifestyle with cash and grub. I guess I'm livin' their dream. I'm kind of like an unemployed surfer--but with Disneyland. I'll probably see some of you in the cave on TS island, but you won't see me. Now it's time to say goodbye. . .

mckygirl99
07-15-2006, 05:50 PM
I am a teacher- I go on the weekends when school is in session. Usually 2x a month. Sometimes more.

In the summer when I am off I can go whenever I like - and DO!!

I am a teacher in Anaheim. I go once a week for the evening. You just have to put in your schedule.

1. Get up (4:30AM)
2. Eat(6:00AM)
3. Go to Work(6:15AM)
4. Go to DLR(4:00PM)
5. Go home and go to sleep (8:00 PM)

Once a week, it's really very simple! And I am a mom too!

Tinkermommy
07-15-2006, 06:54 PM
It's easy to subsist at Disneyland.

Tell me you're not bathing in the Rivers of America...:p

potzbie
07-15-2006, 09:16 PM
I don't want to give too many details ... I'll probably see some of you in the cave on TS island, but you won't see me.

Oh! Injun Joe!
I hardly knew ye!
:)
Or are you "Timmy" the ghost of Disneyland?
:eek:

swcrazy
07-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Do you have a job? I mean, really, some people that visit this board go so much, I can not possible see how they are employed, I go about as often as I can, and that is a max of once a week, I usually end up averaging once a month actually. . . -Doug

Pardon me for injecting some math here, but if you are able to go once a week and there are 4 weeks in a month then technically you would be going several times a month too.

Personally my hubby and I go about every other week which is twice a month.

AaronInCal
07-15-2006, 10:58 PM
I go about once or twice a week.. some weeks I may not go at all. But usually when I go, I am there about 1 or 2 hours only. It's a nice "escape" to go there, even if just to walk around and then leave. I also have a full-time job as well. I work 12 hours for 3 or 4 nights a week. Then I get 3 or 4 days off a week. So I usually have plenty of time to make it over there.

lauras5boys
07-16-2006, 07:35 AM
We've stated going around 4pm on the weekends. It's a little less crowded and a little cooler. It's a nice ending to the day...plus the boys fall asleep in the car ride home. That's always a good thing

potzbie
07-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Pardon me for injecting some math here, but if you are able to go once a week and there are 4 weeks in a month then technically you would be going several times a month too.

Pardon me for correcting YOUR arithmetic.

If the "average" being cited is MODE or MEDIAN, and not MEAN, then it is easy to have, within a twelve-month span, the majority of the months in a given year see ONE VISIT, even if some months see FOUR VISITS.

This will be the case if the sample unit size being measured is MONTHS, and not WEEKS, and if the majority of the MONTHS result in a single visit.

I go to DL/DCA about twice a month (approx. 24 times a year).
The visit may be for two hours.

For the bands on Saturday night (Carnation Plaza and Club Buzz), per the published schedule on the Disneyland web site, I do make a special trip.
"The Fab Four" is one justification.
"Scott Bruce -- A tribute to Elvis" is one justification.
Certain big bands is another justification.

But usually I go just to get out of the house and recharge my batteries.
:)

Rascalsfungirl
07-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Don't you mean statistical anaylsis and not arithmetic? For the most part, people don't think of times visits as mode or median (although I do understand your point of skewing the data). "Normal" people think of averages. Have you ever seen a survey in which someone was asked about a mode or median?

jcruise86
07-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Tinkermommy, no, I don't bathe in the Rivers of America (the waters of Small World are cleaner), but my Disneyland cross-training (which allows me to stay one step ahead of that security guard) involves swimming around TS Island on those nights when I don't scale the Matterhorn or jog a few laps along the railroad track that circles the park. Several of you have responded with questions for me, and I suspect that at least two of you don't believe I actually live in Disneyland. Good!
P.S. Don't litter on TS Island.