PDA

View Full Version : An idea for APAs

Doug
07-15-2006, 08:17 AM
I had this idea... other parks have a "front of line" type pass, well, what if DLR alloed APAs to get ALL the FPs they wanted... but you would have to do so within the 1st hour of the park opening (so that it limits you to just a few passes, and encourages you to come 1st thing).... So, 2 questions:

1) What do you think of this idea?

2) How many FPs do you think you could get in that 1st hour ;)?

disneyperson
07-15-2006, 09:44 AM
I hate the idea. I'm a night person not a morning person. I'm hardly ever there in the first hour.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:)

I think the FP system works pretty well. I think it would be better if the passes were accepted no later than one hour after the window printed on it has closed.That would allow for people who were honestly held up by stalled rides, crowds, or other difficulties, but would stop folk from abusing the system by running around in the morning and gathering up fast passes while the wait times are brief and then waiting to use them all day and evening long after they've expired.

evrythngwmn
07-15-2006, 09:48 AM
I hate the idea. I'm a night person not a morning person. I'm hardly ever there in the first hour.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:)

I think the FP system works pretty well. I think it would be better if the passes were accepted no later than one hour after the window printed on it has closed.That would allow for people who were honestly held up by stalled rides, crowds, or other difficulties, but would stop folk from abusing the system by running around in the morning and gathering up fast passes while the wait times are brief and then waiting to use them all day and evening long after they've expired.

I agree with you DP. I too am not a morning person and don't think it's right the way some people "work" the fastpass system. I use the fastpass system the way it was intended. Get a fastpass for BTMR, go watch parade and have a snack, come back and ride BTMR. It annoys me when it's afternoon still and all the fastpasses for an attraction are gone and the park doesn't close until midnight.

stan4d_steph
07-15-2006, 06:26 PM
What is an APA?

Disney Vault
07-15-2006, 06:29 PM
What is an APA?
I was wondering the same thing.

Anyway, I actually like the FP system the way it is now.

Tinkermommy
07-15-2006, 06:50 PM
I had this idea... other parks have a "front of line" type pass, well, what if DLR alloed APAs to get ALL the FPs...

I don't know about other theme parks, but the Front of the Line Pass offered by Universal Studios is only good for a single day, and only a limited number are sold.

I think the FP system is fine as is. I see it as fair -- everybody (including non-AP holders) sort of gets to choose the ride they most want to go on without a long wait by getting that FP first. (does that make sense?)

As an AP holder, if I can't get a fastpass for a particular ride, I just wait until the next visit to ride.

cstephens
07-16-2006, 05:16 AM
What is an APA?

Annual Pass Acquirers? That's the best I could come up with...

Disney Vault
07-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Annual Pass Acquirers? That's the best I could come up with...
If that is what it stand for I really don't like the idea. AP holders getting all the FP they want when the park opens doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

ttztotdca50
07-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah, that might be spoiling us annual passholders even more :)

mckygirl99
07-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Yeah, that might be spoiling us annual passholders even more :)

Yeah and why would we want that :D ! I have always been for paying more for my pass so I have a permanent FP. I'd pay 500 a year for that!

tonytone
07-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Why should it matter if a person uses a FP either during the window or after it? After all, theoretically the end result of a single FP that actually gets used is that it puts a non-FP holder one person further back in the line queue. What difference would it make to you if someone grabs a FP that "expires" at say, 10 AM but chooses to use it at say 8 PM if you manage to get on the ride before 8 PM? If one were to choose to look at this issue from a different POV, one could say that by choosing to use the FP past the window, that person may have effectively made some other person not have to wait as long in line during the window that the FP is valid for.

I could see it being an issue if all these folks that snagged FPs for a particular ride somehow managed to use them at the same time (e.g., FP expires sometime in the AM but they all somehow managed to decide to use them at 8 PM), but what are the odds of such a sheer coincidence like that happening?

Drince88
07-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I could see it being an issue if all these folks that snagged FPs for a particular ride somehow managed to use them at the same time (e.g., FP expires sometime in the AM but they all somehow managed to decide to use them at 8 PM), but what are the odds of such a sheer coincidence like that happening?
Pretty decent odds, if you're talking right after the fireworks. Maybe not all the fastpasses obtained in the morning, but a goodly number, enough to be noticable.

Benihodge
07-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I was just at DLR and didn't feel the need for fast passes but I did use the single rider passes where ever they were available.

kiwifuz
07-17-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm assuming the point is that by using expired fast passes this makes the wait in the fast pass & stand-by lines longer.

Personally I have never understood why they allow people to return at any time after the return time has passed. I mean if I'm in line for a ride and then decide I have something better to do at that time there's no way of coming back to where I left off in order to get on the ride. If the fast pass holds a place in line for you I'd think you should come back when you're told to?

Bolivar
07-17-2006, 10:37 PM
They issue only a certain number of FPs at any given time. This staggers out the people in such a way that the FP line is consistant and predictable throughout the day. I have no idea what the numbers are, but to make up numbers just to illustrate my point, let's say that they issue FPs such that 10% of the ride capacity will be used by FPs and 90% by standby. Well if a bunch of people get FPs in the morning and don't use them, they could increase the FP line such that it is using 30% capacity while standby is reduced to 70%. Assuming that they give priority to FP then the stanby wait is dramatically increased. If they still run the lines as 90% standby and 10% FP then standby is unaffected and the FP wait is increased.

That is all what could happen. I don't think the number of people using FPs outside the window printed on the FP is at all significant and that it doesn't affect the wait in the least.

darph nader
07-17-2006, 10:46 PM
What is an APA?

I'm still waiting, what the 'heck' is an APA? :confused: :confused: