PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin gets the Axe, no shows after September 10th

Darkbeer
07-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Checking the Disneyland.com Calendar of events, Aladdin will go dark after September 10th.

ESS Heckler
07-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Oh No!!!
I love that show.
I wonder what will replace it?

DangerMouse
07-14-2006, 07:27 AM
Checking the Disneyland.com Calendar of events, Aladdin will go dark after September 10th.

Permanently??? Wowzers! Can't wait to see what they have in line to replace it. Any rumors?

annieb727
07-14-2006, 08:23 AM
:crying: that's very sad...I loved that show...I'll be heading down there Sept 11th...and was hoping to see it again.

Disney Vault
07-14-2006, 08:30 AM
I hope Snow White plans on going dark too then. I though Aladdin was still getting pretty good crowds.

Darkbeer
07-14-2006, 08:35 AM
I hope Snow White plans on going dark too then. I though Aladdin was still getting pretty good crowds.

Snow White's last day is September 4th.

diztrips
07-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Aladdin is closing for a month to install a new cast, performances will begin again in October.

Darkbeer, whats with the cross forum double posts? Can't find one that you prefer?

cstephens
07-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Darkbeer, whats with the cross forum double posts? Can't find one that you prefer?

Do you mean posting the same info on a couple different discussion boards? Some of us are members of more than one board, so if we have information to post, we post it to more than one board. That's not uncommon. There's no need to just pick one board.

Disney Vault
07-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Aladdin is closing for a month to install a new cast, performances will begin again in October.

Good to know. Will they also fix the flying carpet?

olegc
07-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Do you mean posting the same info on a couple different discussion boards? Some of us are members of more than one board, so if we have information to post, we post it to more than one board. That's not uncommon. There's no need to just pick one board.

right - while I am a member of Micechat, among others, I don't frequent it as much as Mouseplanet. That's my preference, not a comment on either board.

Viva La Disney
07-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Alladin was great, and it had a good 5 year run, but I would like to see a new show there now.

Another Dimension
07-14-2006, 01:22 PM

It sounds like the topic of this thread is a bit mis-leading...

Frogberto
07-14-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm also a member of at least one other board ... I think that's common, given the subject matter.

And after DarkBeer posted, someone else posted the casting call for contracts for Aladdin through 2007, so it appears it may not be gone forever, just for a month or so.

It will be interesting to see if they put something in from September to October while the show is down - maybe a "Halloween Spectactular"?

Of course, everything with the DL Resort is "subject to change without notice."

AaronInCal
07-14-2006, 09:17 PM
It sounds like the topic of this thread is a bit mis-leading...

Yes it is.. shouldn't jump to conclusions, especially knowing how Disneyland.com's entertainment information has been known to be incorrect many times, especially a few months out.. They may also use the down time to clean up the theater itself. That probably is needed pretty badly by now.