PDA

View Full Version : A.P Holders-How much time do you let pass?

snappy
07-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Annual Pass Holders?

How much time goes by between your visits?
What's the longest time in between visits?

ESS Heckler
07-14-2006, 07:16 AM
I live in Denver.
I only get to the park about three times a year, so too much time passes between each visit.

kohl
07-14-2006, 07:34 AM
We live in Northern CA and our yearly trips are February and November.
We try to take smaller trips throughout the year like the Halloween party. I also look at my kids school schedule to try to sneek in a trip. If gas and hotels were a little cheaper, we would visit more.

charpaul
07-14-2006, 07:49 AM
I live an hour and 45 minutes away from the parking structure - I go at least twice a month and usually more if I can get away with it. In the summer when school is out (I am a teacher) I go much more often. Renewed in June this year - have already been 7 times!

ksejr1
07-14-2006, 08:20 AM
there's times when i go every weekend, and i think the longest time was about 2 months. i live 1 hour away with traffic and 30 mins without

annieb727
07-14-2006, 08:22 AM
well, we live near Seattle - our ORIGINAL plan would be to do our first trip in October, purchase our AP and then have our next trip be right before the passes expire. So we would basically get to use it for two trips ALMOST a year a part.

Luckily, we have been able to travel there more :) We first went in October, then DH and I went for our anniversary (minus the kids) in December, and now I am going in September (and then possibly again in October before the passes expire).

So bottom line...longest time - 9 months.

Andrew
07-14-2006, 08:26 AM
We live in the Bay Area and go six times a year, on average: Early Spring
Spring MouseAdventure (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/)
July 17th
Early Fall
Fall MouseAdventure (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/)
Late November / early December

Mommy2NicknMax
07-14-2006, 08:53 AM
A week. ;)

MammaSilva
07-14-2006, 08:57 AM
My schedule is fairly close to Andrews

Spring....birthday trips

Spring MA

early summer - depending on school break

early fall

Fall MA

annual ohana trip in december

some years it's more....this year we were down in Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar and April...now we're waiting for full clearance to go back down for her "do over" trip...but I'd say no more than 8 weeks give or take between visits.

Frogberto
07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
I go every Sunday (sometimes for the meets, sometimes just to have fun), and I try to go 1-2 mornings before work at the office (it's less crowded and a nice way to start the day), and usually one evening with the wife and young one, just to see the parade, have dinner, and see the fireworks.

So to answer your question ... about two days average? That's the beauty of the annual pass.

Mark Mywords
07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
We can afford to go about every 3 months, which is good 'cause thats when we tend to really start jonesin' for the park.

I Heart Disneyland!
07-14-2006, 03:56 PM
I live in Seattle, we go probably 2 times a year for a total of 10 days per trip.

nightdesigns
07-14-2006, 04:12 PM
I live 20 minutes door to monorail.

Before my wife and I were both full time employed, we went almost every week. Now that we have jobs it's closer to once a month, sometimes a little longer. We tend to go more in the offseason because of the short lines.

I always seem to get a craving right after the passes expire or when we're blacked out (like right now).

Barbossa
07-14-2006, 04:34 PM
About once per month + a couple 3-4 day extended trips (w/hotel).

lauras5boys
07-14-2006, 05:51 PM
We go at least once a month, usually more. We live about 30 minutes away.

tonytone
07-17-2006, 12:58 PM
We would have gone every major holiday during the year we had (technically, still have) our APs had my wife not broken her leg right before Christmas last year. :crying:

As it was, so far we have gone:

Weekend of July 24, 2005--when we bought our APs
Labor Day
Thanksgiving
Spring Break 2006
Memorial Day
Independence Day

It goes w/o saying that, if not for my wife's broken leg, we would have also gone Christmas 2005 and President's Day 2006...LOL!!! As it is, IMHO that's still a somewhat-fairly impressive number of visits to make, given that we live in Northern California and choose to drive down to DL every time (6 1/2 hour drive one-way) instead of choosing other transportation options (namely, flying down).

mad4mky
07-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Like the other Nor Californians...we go down about 4-5 times a year.:)

We'll stay anywhere from 3 days to 5 days depending on what we have going on, and who has to be where for school and such.:)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-20-2006, 03:33 PM
We live in WA state and go twice a year. Last year it was 3 times a year, but we get there at least 2 times a year. Usually a spring trip, this year was early March, before spring break, and then a fall/winter trip, this year is early December.