PDA

View Full Version : Why I love Disneyland (Nonobvious reasons only, please)

DadandFamily
07-14-2006, 06:37 AM
My family (dad, mon, son age 3, daughter age 1) have Southern California Annual Passports (SCAP). One day, my daughter lost one shoe. The shoes cost $3 and that one was essently worth nothing. Nonetheless, we went to the lost-and-found a week later. In front of me, a man retrieved his $700 camera from lost-and-found. At our turn, we retrieve our daughter's shoe which was very much precious to us as it was her first pair. To who every found it and turned it in, the shoe probably held no vaue and yet they turned it in.

Because people while at Disneyland are willing to turn in to lost-and-found a $700 camera and a shoe worth nothing, that's why I love Disneyland.

hg0079
07-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Because I loose all worries while there.

Opus1guy
07-14-2006, 09:57 AM
I love Disneyland for all those special Cast Members that have stood tough through the good times and also through all the clueless management teams and clueless managers...and have kept the spirit of the place that Walt instilled, alive, no matter what.

And I also love Disneyland for this very special "Spirit of Walt" that can still be found in the place, which you can't find at any other Disney theme park in the world.

Oh...don't get me wrong. The "Spirit of Walt" exists at some other Disney theme parks as well. But it's not quite the same very special spirit that exists at Anaheim's Disneyland. It's a kind of special spirit that can't be measured or charted. You just know it when you feel it. It's not a character or attraction spirit. It's something directly related to Walt and his personal touch upon this particular place called simply...

Disneyland.

:)

MammaSilva
07-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I have to agree, nothing can possibly compare to standing on Main street and looking up at that simple light in the window and KNOW you are walking where Walt once walked...his spirit/imagination might be at the other parks but as well know, there is only one that he got to experience and put his actual 'touch'.....

nsaul1211
07-14-2006, 11:34 AM
The one thing that I can think of that makes DLand so wonderful is how when I walk into the park all my outside cares go away. I had a job a while ago that was just miserable and I can remember getting off of work, picking up my girlfriend and going to DLand. The minute I walked into the tunnel with the plaque that states "Now you enter..." I could feel the weight of the day lift off my shoulders.

Not to mention that when I see the look in some kids when they see their favorite character for the first time, it makes me want to have a kid of my own.

doombuggy driver
07-14-2006, 12:00 PM
The best part about DL is the escape from reality that always happens when you go through the entry gate! Eventhough the rides are "fake" you really feel like you have become part of that world! When I ride pirates it's like I am actually on a boat being attacked by the Wicked Wench, or on HM when you feel the chills and hear the creepy sounds. No matter how many times I go to DL that feeling is always there! Now our DD feels the same way that my DH and I do! It is the best escape I have ever experienced!!!!!!

Jewel of Orleans
07-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I love Disneyland because it rewards you for paying attention. No matter where you look, or how close you look, you'll find something really well-thought-out and interesting there.

disneyhound
07-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Because I loose all worries while there.

Did you check the lost and found? :p

It's all about Americana and how we feel when we step into Walt's world!

Jodi
07-14-2006, 02:14 PM
I love Disneyland because no matter how bad my day (or week, month..) has been, as soon as I step onto Main Street, I can't help but smile.

I love Disneyland because no matter where I have traveled in the world, there is no sight more beautiful than Disneyland at Christmas.

Most of all, I love Disneyland because me sons, age 5 and 9, who are usually fighting constantly and looking for trouble, become precious, well behaved angels when at Disneyland. They are too busy being happy to argue or get in trouble! If only I could bring that special magic home!

dzneyfan52
07-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Because when I was young and living in Oregon my parents, who had very little money, saved each year to bring my brother and I to Disneyland each summer starting in 1958 and ending the year I graduated from high school in 1970. My mom passed away in 1998. Today I live here in Southern California and my 3 daughters and I all have annual passes.Each time I walk through those gates I feel my mom walking with me as we do all the fun things she loved so much.

Nettfrankie
07-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Years ago on one of my now 14 year old son's first trips to DL, we were standing waiting for the Lion King parade to begin. While we were waiting, I was writing out a postcard to my parents from my son telling them all about his trip. In all of the excitement of the parade and everything going on around us, I somehow dropped the postcard. After returning home, we went to visit my parents, well wouldn't you know it, some kind soul found my card and put postage on it and mailed it - the postcard had beat us home! :fez:

I Heart Disneyland!
07-14-2006, 03:55 PM
I love it because it was one of the last places my mother wanted to take me prior to her death, when I was a small child. It was 1966 or so, and she died in 1970 after a long bout with cancer. Since then, I have taken my 2 children there and found out that I was to be a grandmother while having lunch at Blue Bayou in May 2005, while there for the kick-off of the 50th of DL. Now I have that little guy in my life, and hopefully we can be there for his first walk in Walt's footsteps as well.

twist1980
07-14-2006, 06:00 PM
I love that I walk through the gates and become a kid again. I run around in Mickey ears, princess hats, etc. and no one cares or judges me. I don't have to think about bills, work, traffic. I can even charge everything to my room so I can live in blissful ignorance and pretend I haven't spent a dime (until the last day when that envelope is slipped under my door..."what, it wasn't all free?":p ).

I don't know if it is just because I grew up spending time there or what, but it holds a magic for me like no other place in the world!

Sandiegoboy
07-14-2006, 06:58 PM
4 years ago on my 20th birthday I decided to go to Disneyland with like 8 friends.
As we walked under the first bridge on the left side one of my friends yells out "Hey everyone, its my friends 20th birthday!", as he is pointing at me, just to embarrass me. No more than 10 seconds later a older CM comes running at us from City Hall.
Hes like, "Whos birthday is it!", all my friends point to me. He gives me a b-day sticker and my friends all get the other stickers(Cant remember what they say).

He then says "Have fun, and I better not see you here next year!" as he is laughing

I just thought it was so cool that a CM(who had to be in his late 50's) actually ran out of city hall all the way to the bridge. Not sure how he even heard us, he made it a great start of my day.

Its the CMs like this who make me feel at home, just the fact the the majority of CMs I encounter actually seem like they want to work there.

I love Disneyland any season, hot or cold, the park empty or packed, I love it all. When it is empty I feel like I own the park, when it is packed I look around at the 1000's of people and just think "Wow, walt really did succed, I love seeing so many people enjoying the park."

IdahoMike
07-14-2006, 07:24 PM
I have a fond memory of going when I was 8 with my grandfather, who has since passed away, and it is of riding the Matterhorn with him, and the seatbelt ended up around my neck at the end of the ride. I will never forget that memory.
On a side note to the original poster, I might have been the guy who turned in that camera, we found a really nice Sony camcorder outside Pinocchio when we were there 3 wks ago and gave it to a CM.

wHiTe2k3eP
07-14-2006, 08:27 PM
disneyland feels like home

Disney Vault
07-14-2006, 08:34 PM
In an uncertain world DL is a place that feels certain :D

rosie
07-14-2006, 09:01 PM
My young life was very unstable. My sister lived with my Grandmother Monday through Fridays. She'd come home for Saturday and then
on Sunday nights we'd drop her off again, staying for dinner. After dinner we would watch "The Wonderful World of Disney". I was always in awe of this magical place...far from the chaos of my life at that time. Disneyland just helped me believe there was some place safe and wonderful.
An adult now, with two amazing daughters, I am thrilled everytime we visit Disney...just realizing dreams do come true....

Disneymademoiselle
07-14-2006, 09:19 PM
I can't determine what exactly creates it, but there comes a certain point in the day when this OVERWHELMING feeling of happiness comes over me. It may be a moment shared with a loved one, the thrill of a great ride or the sound of classic Disney music, etc., but the feeling happens every single time I'm at Disneyland. It is a feeling I have had no where else but Disneyland.

Perhaps, it's the spirit of Walt referenced by Opus1guy. I'd be more than happy going with that notion;)

twist1980
07-14-2006, 10:31 PM
My young life was very unstable. My sister lived with my Grandmother Monday through Fridays. She'd come home for Saturday and then
on Sunday nights we'd drop her off again, staying for dinner. After dinner we would watch "The Wonderful World of Disney". I was always in awe of this magical place...far from the chaos of my life at that time. Disneyland just helped me believe there was some place safe and wonderful.
An adult now, with two amazing daughters, I am thrilled everytime we visit Disney...just realizing dreams do come true....

Rosie, that is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. I am at a loss for words. I'm so glad that yuo and your daughters have been able to experience the true magic of Disney.

evrythngwmn
07-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Because they give me a paycheck.:D

mckygirl99
07-15-2006, 09:32 AM
I love DL b/c when I was a child we didn't celebrate Christmas, Halloween or our birthdays. But the one thing we did do was take that yearly trip to DLR. It was like having all those things rolled into one. Now that I am an adult and no longer practice that religion, I still prefer DL to anything else. And now being able to share that with my daughter has been most precious. I remember when I found out I was pregnant, I told my DH this is going to be a DL baby and six years later she loves it as much as I do!

I heart DL, I love your avatar! He looks sooo hot there!

tink360
07-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Because when I was young and living in Oregon my parents, who had very little money, saved each year to bring my brother and I to Disneyland each summer starting in 1958 and ending the year I graduated from high school in 1970. My mom passed away in 1998. Today I live here in Southern California and my 3 daughters and I all have annual passes.Each time I walk through those gates I feel my mom walking with me as we do all the fun things she loved so much.

That is so sweet! :)

I Heart Disneyland!
07-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Because they give me a paycheck.:D

hahaha! Lucky dog!!!!!!