PDA

View Full Version : Cool personal short story

Sandiegoboy
07-14-2006, 01:16 AM
4 years ago on my 20th birthday I decided to go to Disneyland with like 8 friends.
As we walked under the first bridge on the left side one of my friends yells out "Hey everyone, its my friends 20th birthday!", as he is pointing at me, just to embarrass me. No more than 10 seconds later a older CM comes running at us from City Hall.
Hes like, "Whos birthday is it!", all my friends point to me. He gives me a b-day sticker and my friends all get the other stickers(Cant remember what they say).

He then says "Have fun, and I better not see you here next year!" as he is laughing :p

I just thought it was so cool that a CM(who had to be in his late 50's) actually ran out of city hall all the way to the bridge. Not sure how he even heard us, he made it a great start of my day :D

ESS Heckler
07-14-2006, 07:55 AM
That's a great story - and one of the reasons we all love Disneyland so much.

Thanks for sharing.

Maybe you could post this on the "Non-obvious reasons we love D-Land" thread that someone just started.

Disney Vault
07-14-2006, 08:33 AM
He then says "Have fun, and I better not see you here next year!" as he is laughing :p

Cool story but I don't understand this one line.

Drince88
07-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Cool story but I don't understand this one line.
Most people celebrate their 21st birthdays where alcohol can be purchased.

Disney Vault
07-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Most people celebrate their 21st birthdays where alcohol can be purchased.
Oh thanks. I knew there was something I wasn't thinking about. :D

I would rather spend a B-day in DL than a bar anyday though:p

Sandiegoboy
07-14-2006, 06:46 PM
heh yeah, DL is awsome, but you gotta drink on your 21st! He was just being silly.

twist1980
07-14-2006, 06:56 PM
What a great story. I love to hear about fun things that happen to guests. :)

Disney Vault
07-14-2006, 08:31 PM
heh yeah, DL is awsome, but you gotta drink on your 21st! He was just being silly.
I wonder how many people actually wait for their 21st b-day to be their first time drinking. Doesn't seem that special to me.

annieb727
07-15-2006, 08:11 AM
I wonder how many people actually wait for their 21st b-day to be their first time drinking. Doesn't seem that special to me.

I did...but then I was always a little "goody two-shoes" as my cousing so nicely put it...and at that it was only ONE sip...I didn't like it LOL.