PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from SNA to Grand California Hotel

coleland
07-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Silly me, I called the GCH thinking that with the price I'm paying to stay for 4 days they'd be able to transport my family to/from John Wayne airport. HAHAHA.

The young man on the phone said we could use the Disney bus which comes once an hour which is $14 o/w. I specifically asked if it stopped at only the 3 Disneyland property hotels or if it stopped at all of the area "Disney friendly" motels and he said no - just the 3.

I read another section of the board for reviews of transportation and this does not seem to be the case - there are some stories of how they stopped at all the other non-Disney hotels/motels first before the 3 main ones. Is this true? I certainly don't want to waste an hour or two trying to get to our hotel when it should only take about 15-20 minutes (we're flying in at noon on a weekday).

Would a shuttle be any better? Or has anyone used a cab recently that could quote a cost?

Frogberto
07-13-2006, 09:39 PM
I suppose the actual cost per person, like anything else, depends on how many people you have. In some cases, since you pay one rate, it's cheaper to take a cab, if you have many people. The Disneyland Express is supposed to be the fastest, but since it competes with Super Shuttle and other shuttle services, it would pay to shop around. SNA is not that far from Anaheim, so it shouldn't be terribly expensive.

Tinkerbell02
07-13-2006, 10:03 PM
I recommend using Super Shuttle from SNA to the Disneyland Resort. I use it everytime we fly in to that airport. It has run me 10 dollars a person and we usually tip them 5 bucks or so depending on the number of people in our party. Normally we have to stop at two other hotels not including ours. From the time you get to their pick up station at the airport to drop off at a hotel usually was anywhere from 20-30 minutes. That also depends on traffic on I-5. I've never had a problem with them. It's a cheap way to get to and from the airport without having to sit on a huge bus going to all the other hotels near by. Have fun on your trip!

Darkbeer
07-14-2006, 05:10 AM
You can get a flat rate on a txi from John wayne, about $35 plus tip one way.

And the Disneyland Express Bus service goes first to the Disneyland Hotel, then goes to many other hotels, both Disney owned, plus all the off-property hotels.

IMHO, John Wayne and Long Beach, take a cab, from LAX, take the Disneyland Express bus.

For more info on the Disneyland Express...

www.airportbus.com (http://www.airportbus.com)

nvmom
07-14-2006, 01:14 PM
We're big fan of tonythelimoking.com First trip we got a limo for a great deal... and that was a surprise for the kids. Last Mar we just got standard van transportation. It was $45 for party of 6. We call Tony as soon as we pull our luggage off the belt and he pulls up to the curb. It's perfect for us. You might give him a call... and you can "barter" a bit :)

Theresa