PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort Debuts First-ever Video Podcast; Introduces Newest Episode...

AVP
07-13-2006, 03:16 PM
DISNEYLAND RESORT DEBUTS FIRST-EVER VIDEO PODCAST; INTRODUCES NEWEST EPISODE OF ITS POPULAR AUDIO PODCAST

Dead Men May Tell No Tales But New Audio and Video Podcasts Tell Behind-the-Scenes Story of Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean Film Premiere and Attraction Re-Opening

ANAHEIM, Calif. (July 11, 2006) - - Following the groundbreaking precedent of its popular monthly audio podcasts the Disneyland Resort in Southern California today introduces a new monthly series of video podcasts that will bring all the magic and fun of “The Happiest Place on Earth” to fans around the world via their desktop computer or video iPod. As one of the first organizations to successfully venture into audio podcasting (launching its first podcast in May 2005), Disneyland Resort now debuts the first episode of its all-new Disneyland Resort Video Podcast series.

In the premiere video episode, available now on the Internet, viewers will witness the creation of one of the most spectacular movie premieres in Hollywood history and certainly one of the most elaborate events ever staged at Disneyland - - the official world premiere of the new Disney film "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" and the re-opening of the classic attraction Pirates of the Caribbean, which has recently been extensively enhanced. All the excitement of getting ready for this amazing event is captured in this fun and entertaining mini-documentary.

Viewers will walk the red carpet with the film's stars Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom, plus meet many of the die-hard "Pirates" fans who made the premiere an unforgettable event. It's a fast-paced look (6 mins. 4 secs.) behind-the-magic at one of the most incredible nights in Disneyland history.

Like the Official Disneyland Resort Audio Podcast, the new video podcast is a free monthly Internet-based show accessible to a global audience via a “Disneyland” search on the iTunes Podcast Directory. Listeners can also subscribe to both podcast versions (audio and video) through the iTunes Podcast Directory to receive new episodes automatically each month.

The monthly video podcast takes viewers behind-the-scenes of what’s new and exciting at the resort plus showcases stories from the resort’s 50-year legacy of creating magical moments for guests from around the world. Similar to its initial entrée into audio podcasting, the Disneyland Resort enters the emerging world of video podcasting in its infancy - - there are currently only 150 free video podcasts available on the iTunes Podcast Directory but interest in, and use of, the medium is rapidly increasing.

Additionally, the newest episode of the Official Disneyland Resort Audio Podcast is now available online and takes listeners to all the excitement of the world premiere of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," which had its official bow at Disneyland on June 24. Recorded live on the world's longest red-carpet (2,000 feet from the beginning of Main Street, U.S.A. to the riverfront in New Orleans Square) this podcast (38 mins. 50 secs.) features an array of segments, including:

Interviews on the red carpet with "Pirates" film producer Jerry Bruckheimer, actor Bill Nighy (Davy Jones in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest") and Disney CEO Bob Iger.

Actor Johnny Depp encounters the newly added Captain Jack Sparrow for the first time inside the recently enhanced Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.

Walt Disney himself in a very rare clip from a 1965 press conference at WED Enterprises (now Walt Disney Imagineering) where he describes his vision for Pirates of the Caribbean, the use of models in the creation of the attraction and his description of Imagineering.

A new interview with Jason Surrell, Disney Imagineer and author of the book "Pirates of the Caribbean: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies."

An encounter with one of the fans of the Official Disneyland Resort Podcast.

A meeting with two diehard "Pirates" fans who traveled all the way from Atlanta, Georgia, and Mobile, Alabama, to visit Disneyland and participate in the premiere.

Meet a Disneyland Cast Member who was so enthralled with the film "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" that she has become a bona fide Pirate historian.

A five-year old Pirate fan gives the newly enhanced attraction a "Thumbs-Up!"

Premiere recap and attraction overview from author and Disney historian Tim O’Day.
Achieving a rating of four-and-a half stars out of a possible perfect five on the iTunes Podcast Directory, the Official Disneyland Resort Audio Podcast continues to be a hit with listeners. Each episode features an engaging mix of original programming recorded live throughout the resort including locations in Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure Park, the Downtown Disney District and the resort’s three landmark hotels – Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel, Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel – creating a “you are there” audio experience.

More information about the continuing Disneyland 50th anniversary celebration and vacations at the Disneyland Resort is available at www.disneyland.com (http://www.disneyland.com), by calling (877) 700-DISNEY, or by visiting local travel agents.

Mox
07-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Interesting timing on the press release. That first video episode has been available since the weekend of the movie premiere.

For those that aren't iTunes/iPod users, you can subscribe to the podcast here: http://www.disneyland.com/podcast

olegc
07-13-2006, 05:33 PM
i think it was a slight rush job too - the video AND audio podcast essentially piggy backed on the Cast TV. The host on Audio even added a thank you IN STUDIO right after a cast tv host said thank you in crowd noise - and the timing was if he said it RIGHT THERE!... Reminds me of the old radio hosts for sports - that would make you think you're listening to the game live when in fact it was all sound effects...

the word "OFFICIAL" gets tossed around a lot these days just to make a point...

Disney Vault
07-13-2006, 09:05 PM
I liked it. I hope they make them longer though. And I would love to be able to see more things on cast tv so I would be happy if that is where they get the video.

SCG
07-15-2006, 09:29 AM
i think it was a slight rush job too - the video AND audio podcast essentially piggy backed on the Cast TV. The host on Audio even added a thank you IN STUDIO right after a cast tv host said thank you in crowd noise - and the timing was if he said it RIGHT THERE!... Reminds me of the old radio hosts for sports - that would make you think you're listening to the game live when in fact it was all sound effects...

the word "OFFICIAL" gets tossed around a lot these days just to make a point...

FYI, Oleg, my husband is the host of the Disneyland podcast and the thank you you referred to was not added after the fact in studio. The only items that are added after the fact are the intros and music. The difference in sound (crowd noise) was due to timing and the proximity of mic.

olegc
07-15-2006, 01:09 PM
FYI, Oleg, my husband is the host of the Disneyland podcast and the thank you you referred to was not added after the fact in studio. The only items that are added after the fact are the intros and music. The difference in sound (crowd noise) was due to timing and the proximity of mic.

great! Thanks for correcting me. It was just my impression of the way it came out. I think Michael does a great job and have been an avid fan and listener of his podcasts since they were introduced last spring (2005)...