PDA

View Full Version : What is YOUR ideal Disneyland trip length?

Pages : [1] 2

annieb727
07-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Hey there!

I am just curious what people consider their ideal trip length to DL? How many days do you like to spend at the resort? Do you like to take advantage of other S. California stuff - like Knotts, Magic Mtn, etc?

For me...it feels like I never have enough time!! We went in October and stayed for 10 days. One day of that was spent at Knott's Berry Farm. I loved being there for that 10 days...I think that's my ideal. Now, going WITHOUT the kids, it might be less than that...guess we'll see how my almost seven days at DL on my own goes...

jennynoel
07-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Great thread topic!

I am going in October for 7 days just at DL/DCA. I haven't been there since I was a kid, so I'm really looking forward to having time to explore both parks and go on as many rides as I want. I am traveling with 2 other adults.

I think if I went more often my idea trip would be 5 days at DLR and 2-3 in San Diego to hit the zoo, Sea World and the beach. Time will tell!

Quinten27
07-13-2006, 03:02 PM
I doubt I could ever spend TOO much time at Disneyland........so my ideal trip lenght would be for however long I can afford to!

mommy-san
07-13-2006, 03:51 PM
in October we did only 3 days at DLR, was our first trip. WAY too short. We also did 6 days in San Diego that trip. Our next trip was in February, 4 days at DLR this time. Still too short. Next february we are going with 5-day parkhoppers. With 2 little kids I'm sure we'll all be wiped out after 5 days. Plan on spending 2 days this trip just shopping etc. I would love a day with no kids to spend with my husband. Just one day would be long enough if we could actually ride a ride together or talk to each other at a meal without interruption. To be quite honest, I'll take any vacation at Disneyland- no matter the length.

The old man
07-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Friday 1pm to closing at DLR

Saturday 8am to closing at DL

rentayenta
07-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Ideally we like to spend 6 days in So Cal and only one of those is going to the beach. We do 3 days at DL and 2 days at DCA with stops into DTD. We now also always stay on property to enhance the Disney magic. We stay in Vegas a day both on the way and on the way home.

DH is wanting to try Legoland this year but I will only if he agrees to stay an additional day. :~D

Rhiannon8404
07-13-2006, 05:40 PM
As much as I love Disneyland, we do actually like to take other vacations. Five days/four nights is a perfect length for us. And we go every year. But it also leaves us with plenty of time-off from work to go on other vacations throughout the year.

Malcon10t
07-13-2006, 05:57 PM
We figure 10 days. We stayed 12 days last Dec, and it was a little too much. 10 days has been great for us. We generally stay at DL and DCA. On occasion other family members will ask my kids to go to USH, and they will spend a day there, but the rest is spent roaming the resort and relaxing.

DangerMouse
07-13-2006, 06:04 PM
I think I'm in the minority here, 3-4 days is perfect for us. We find that we are "Disney'd out" :eek: after 4 days in the parks. However, after a couple weeks back at home, I am more than ready for another Disney fix.

I figure if I could go a day or two every month, it would be just about perfect. Too bad I don't live closer.

disneyballerina
07-13-2006, 06:18 PM
I doubt I could ever spend TOO much time at Disneyland........so my ideal trip lenght would be for however long I can afford to!

I'm with you, my ideal would be to stay until the money's all gone. :crying:

Wendi
07-13-2006, 07:00 PM
I am just curious what people consider their ideal trip length to DL?

My ideal is 5 days... Monday through Friday (staying until closing Friday night to see fireworks, then spending one last night before going home Saturday morning).

How many days do you like to spend at the resort?

All of them! From opening until closing each day.

Do you like to take advantage of other S. California stuff - like Knotts, Magic Mtn, etc?

There's other stuff??? :eek:

Monte Cristo
07-13-2006, 07:03 PM
I think I'm in the minority here, 3-4 days is perfect for us. We find that we are "Disney'd out" :eek: after 4 days in the parks. However, after a couple weeks back at home, I am more than ready for another Disney fix.

Allow me to join your minority. My wife and I generally take 2-3 trips a year. Two small trips consisting of 2-3 days, and what we consider the "big" one - 4 days. We live in Northern Ca, so obviously we have greater access than other folks. Like everyone else here, I love DL but I couldn't imagine staying longer than 4 days. Granted, the moment we leave I'm already planning the next trip.

twist1980
07-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Forever.

Thats my ideal length. Usually we do five days and I think that is about the perfect length. You get to ride all the rides you want more than once and get to see the shows. I would like to try for six days on the next trip though as on our trip last month we still couldn't catch Snow White or Aladdin.

TempoNZ
07-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Apart from enver actually wanting to leave.....

I guess 5 days does it nicely for me (14 for WDW). That would give me a day in both parks, time to redo my favourite rides and people watch etc, do a bit of shopping and maybe even 1/2 by the pool etc.

5 days makes for a nicerelaxed trip. I could certainly do it in 3 days or even 2 days if I really had to go nuts but for a relaxful holiday 5 days is about right.

Squeaky
07-13-2006, 07:39 PM
10 days... This is our longest trip yet (leaving in a few hours!!!!!) Usually we take 4-5 day trips. 5 days is gonna ROCK!!!!

p.s. when I get back, I'll post a trip report for Pirates AP showing at El Cap in Hollywood from the 9th, and a trip report for our 10 day trip!! :D See ya guys!!!!

*Squeaky*

I Heart Disneyland!
07-13-2006, 07:55 PM
We normally go 7-11 days.

Disney Vault
07-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I normally go for 4 days. But my ideal trip would be much much longer:D

Alisonsmom
07-13-2006, 09:05 PM
I am also in the minority of only needing 3 days at the parks. And like the others as soon as I leave I am planning the next trip. I too live in No Cal so I get down about 3 times a year.

IdahoMike
07-13-2006, 09:33 PM
We just spent 10 days from June 17-27. Still wasn't long enough, even though we did get to do everything, including Pirates, and we didn't feel rushed. Count our family as another vote for spending EVERY day there! Going back for 7 days in January!

DianeM
07-13-2006, 10:02 PM
I can't imagine what we'd do if we spend 10 days at the park. We generally go for 3 days during the off season. When there aren't crowds, we can do a LOT in 3 days, including multiple rides on all of our favorite rides. This year we may extend it to 4 days, because we want to see the fireworks and Fantasmic, and maybe even see some of the saturday things we normally miss during the off season, and take a tour. We're in the Sacramento area, and we visit once/year.

[QUOTE=annieb727
For me...it feels like I never have enough time!! We went in October and stayed for 10 days. One day of that was spent at Knott's Berry Farm. I loved being there for that 10 days...I think that's my ideal. Now, going WITHOUT the kids, it might be less than that...guess we'll see how my almost seven days at DL on my own goes...[/QUOTE]

disney jones
07-13-2006, 10:32 PM
3 days is enough, but we usually go about 10 times/year, driving from Phoenix.

kiwifuz
07-13-2006, 10:48 PM
We spend 2-3 days at DL when we go. The last time we did the rounds at Sea World, Knotts, Wild Animal Park, & Hollywood, so in all we were in the area for 10 days.

Personally, I can't ever see us spending anything more than 1 week. DH & I both have quite few more years to go before we have enough vacation time that I'd be willing to spend more than 1 week at DL. I'm all for spreading my time into at least 3 trips, at least, not including all of our little weekend trips.

yellowrosedtxn
07-14-2006, 04:09 AM
I'm not sure I have an ideal length of time. Last year we spent 11 days at the resort, but went to USH, the beach, and Legoland. This year we were there for 7 days straight Disneyland and I still didn't get to do everything I wanted to do. I would have to say somewhere in between 7 and 11 days.

I have figured out that the longer you stay though the more you procrastinate doing things you wanted to do because you have "So much time here". Then you find you run out of time because you put it off. I think that next time I go I am going to get EVERYTHING that I want to do done in the first day or two and THEN just enjoy doing everything else after that. Hmmm Sounds like I need to plan another trip SOON!

disneyhound
07-14-2006, 07:05 AM
We like 5 days in the park, and a 4 night stay, to get our Disney fix for the year. We fly out first thing on day one, generally get to DL around lunch. Spend as much time as possible each day at DL and DCA. The last day, we fly out in the late afternoon, so save our early entry for our last day, and leave for the airport after lunch.

I know we would enjoy more days, but we visit during the school year / off-season period, so have to limit our DL vacation.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
07-14-2006, 07:20 AM
What you mean we have to leave?????? If i could i would just stay there and enjoy myself forever. no worrys, no bils, no stress, no reality. it would be a constant fairy tail.