PDA

View Full Version : Rental Car

dcsh
07-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I read somewhere that you could return a rental car somewhere on Harbor Blvd- Does anyone have any details? Thanks

potzbie
07-13-2006, 11:06 AM
That rings a bell.
I am almost sure that one of the hotels/motels across the street from the Harbor Bl. entrance does have a sign mentioning that rental cars are available.
What brand?
What motel?
I don't remember.

(A lot of good it does, to post that I am in the dark about WHERE and WHAT, eh?)
:(

stan4d_steph
07-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Are you asking about a specific rental car company? You can do a Google map search for companies near to 1313 Harbor Blvd. and you will get many results within 1 mile.

Darkbeer
07-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Alamo is the official Rental Car company of Disneyland and has an office at Downtwon Disney (west end, near the Walt Disney Travel Company, behind Compass Books).

On Katella, behind the Timon Parking Lot Toll Booths is an Alamo/National Rental Car office with a small fleet of cars.

A couple of blocks farther East on Katella are Avis, Hertz and Enterprise. Enterprise normally does not offer one-way rentals, they want the car rentered to the same office.

DangerMouse
07-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but does anyone have experience with car rentals out of SNA/John Wayne? I'm tired of paying for taxis, and thought I might get a better deal renting.

going2disneyAZ
07-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but does anyone have experience with car rentals out of SNA/John Wayne? I'm tired of paying for taxis, and thought I might get a better deal renting.

Got on thru hotwire in Mid May for under $20 a day for a mid size. Yes less than $20. Hotwire rules!

Darkbeer
07-13-2006, 11:54 AM
I would just go thru Hotwire or Priceline and get a good price, IMHO all the major companies are about the same.

kiwifuz
07-13-2006, 02:09 PM
I would just go thru Hotwire or Priceline and get a good price, IMHO all the major companies are about the same.
I agree. We've never had any real major problems with one rental company over another.

Last trip we rented a hybrid car through Fox Rent A Car. It was a bit more expensive than a normal similar sized rental but we did a few trips back and forth to the San Diego area so the gas savings made a significant dent in the price difference for us.

awinner
07-13-2006, 09:49 PM
http://www.enterprise.com sites listed below

1271 S AUTO CENTER DR
ANAHEIM, CA

426 S. EUCLID
ANAHEIM, CA

777 CONVENTION WAY
ANAHEIM, CA

231 W KATELLA AVE
ANAHEIM, CA

Darkbeer
07-14-2006, 05:12 AM
http://www.enterprise.com sites listed below

The OP wanted to drop off a car at a different location than where they picked it up, so Enterprise doesn't work, as they want you to return the car to the same location as where you picked it up......

stan4d_steph
07-14-2006, 06:49 AM
The OP wanted to drop off a car at a different location than where they picked it up, so Enterprise doesn't work, as they want you to return the car to the same location as where you picked it up...He/she didn't say that in the post though.

Darkbeer
07-14-2006, 07:13 AM
I read somewhere that you could return a rental car somewhere on Harbor Blvd- Does anyone have any details? Thanks

Sounds to me like he/she wants to return the car to a different location than where they picked it up....

stan4d_steph
07-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Sounds to me like he/she wants to return the car to a different location than where they picked it up....Hopefully dcsh will provide some clarification, including answers to the questions posed here.

dcsh
07-14-2006, 07:29 AM
While standing in line, I was talking to the lady behind us and she mentioned that they had picked up a rental car at the airport and returned it to Best Western Park Place & Mini Suites or Park Vue, etc. I don't remember where and that you could only rent from one place specific to do this. I was trying to remember the details and was looking for help. Does anyone know which of the hotels on Harbor it was. Thanks- I want to pick up at the airport and drop off at this hotel. Thanks for the help.

awinner
07-14-2006, 08:00 AM
actually enterprise WILL allow you to drop off the car at another location...but, you MAY be subject to a nominal drop off fee. Where does the OP want to drop the car off at?

SpaceMTJunkie
07-14-2006, 03:29 PM

We rented a minivan two weeks ago from Avis at SNA airport. Worked great. Unlimited mileage. We drove 321 miles on it, put $60 worth of gas in it, and returned it. No problems.

~Dano

kiwifuz
07-14-2006, 08:29 PM
We got a good deal through Costco.com with Budget. Never had to show anything to do with my membership interestingly enough. It's an option if you aren't interested in Priceline.

Also with Enterprise I think you might want to double check on the "one way rental" idea. I believe that their policy is that they allow returns to different locations with a nominal fee at participating locations, only I've never known of any that participate in this. I believe we even looked into that in the DL area at one point. As far as I know, Budget/Avis, National/Alamo, & Fox do allow this.

awinner
07-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Also with Enterprise I think you might want to double check on the "one way rental" idea. I believe that their policy is that they allow returns to different locations with a nominal fee at participating locations, only I've never known of any that participate in this. I believe we even looked into that in the DL area at one point. As far as I know, Budget/Avis, National/Alamo, & Fox do allow this.
if you get the car in southern ca. you can return it to any southern ca. location....the fee is usually $25....but fyi...if you don't tell them you are going one way and drop the car at another location (airports exempt) they usually can't/won't charge you a drop fee because it was not stated on the contract that a fee would be imposed for dropping at another location.;)

kiwifuz
07-15-2006, 07:38 AM
hmm interesting. It has been a while since we looked into it with Enterprise. That's just great though that if you don't tell them it isn't in the contract and they won't charge the fee. I'd have to call them stupid on that one. ;)

awinner
07-15-2006, 08:44 AM
i actually am reading a contract right now...(must have been updated recently):

Additional obligations of renter-unless prohibited by law, rener shall pay owner on demand:

a vehicle recovery fee of $200 or $1/mile, whichever is greater, between return location and original office, if renter returns car to another office other than original office, unless a drop charge as specified above has been shown on page 1.